Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rainbows and Unicorns

Quote:It has worked in Cleveland, no?

The Browns are older on both offense and defense. The AFC North plays against the crappy NFC South. You have to look at the whole picture before claiming the Browns were only a coach away from the playoffs.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The Browns are older on both offense and defense. The AFC North plays against the crappy NFC South. You have to look at the whole picture before claiming the Browns were only a coach away from the playoffs.

Who claimed that?

;

;

Quote:What a pretty picture.

Too bad we still lost.

I think the rainbow colored puke really brings out the majesty of the topic.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Quote:Who claimed that?

No one said it directly, but you never know if somebody might be thinking it.

Quote:They have been doing this "right move" for 20 years and has lead them to being considered the worst model for running a franchise.

The Browns re-entered the league in 1999. Where did you get 20 years?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2014, 11:57 PM by Predator.)

Quote:The Browns re-entered the league in 1999. Where did you get 20 years?
The browns were in the league in 1994 which is 20 years ago and making brilliant coaching fires like Belichick.

I thought the Browns moved to Baltimore, and were considered an expansion team in 99 under new management. 

Quote:The browns were in the league in 1994 which is 20 years ago and making brilliant coaching fires like Belichick.

So you're counting the years Cleveland didn't even have a team?

Such extreme spin is worthy of a political job.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:The browns were in the league in 1994 which is 20 years ago and making brilliant coaching fires like Belichick.

And the management that fired Belichick won the Superbowl in 2001.

Quote:So you're counting the years Cleveland didn't even have a team?

Such extreme spin is worthy of a political job.
Just because they didn't have a team for a few seasons doesn't change the fact that 1994 was 20 years ago.

You don't need spin, just a calendar.

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2014, 12:37 PM by Ringo.)

Quote:Am I the only one that used to appreciate all the Jags media coaverage but now I find myself barely watching it because it's not that credible. Most of it seems like overhyped rainbows and unicorns.

Blakes Life Matters

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2014, 02:12 PM by MalabarJag.)

Quote:Just because they didn't have a team for a few seasons doesn't change the fact that 1994 was 20 years ago.

You don't need spin, just a calendar.

Then the team in Los Angeles has been really bad. They have ZERO playoff appearances since 1994.

Edit: And they haven't change coaches even once in those 20 years.

Quote:For the knee jerk fan on this message board that wants a new coach, new players, new stadium, cheaper beer, cooler temperatures, a dome, the old man in front of them to sit down at the game, etc, etc...ya, it is annoying!

Describing <span>Bon Jagley</span> and the <a class="" href='http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/user/20792-jeremynfl/' title=""><span>JeremyNFL</a></span>.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:The local media is almost all employees of the team or employees of "official stations".

Think about it.

1010XL is basically Jaguars team radio.

WJXT is Jaguars team TV.

Action News was Jaguars team TV last year and it is the same guys.

Basically the only unbiased media is the T-U and First Coast News, who has a joke of a sports department.
I'm expecting the mantra from all of the above media to be "Some rebuilds take longer than others." for the duration of the off-season. By this time next year, the common wisdom will be "A 5 year rebuild was really the plan all along." Then, if we go 8 & 8 in 2016, we'll be "Right on course." with "The arrow pointing up!"

Sadly, I'm willing to accept this time-line if only to see 8 wins in a season again.

Quote:Then the team in Los Angeles has been really bad. They have ZERO playoff appearances since 1994.

You're talking to a brick wall, my friend...

Quote:I got 2 scoops of ice cream with your name on it, big fella!

Man, you people are gonna look like such friggin' idiots come this time next year I can't hardly wait.

Quote:[Image: 314beoh.jpg]

I would have imagined rainbows coming out the exhaust.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Then the team in Los Angeles has been really bad. They have ZERO playoff appearances since 1994.

Yeah, because 20 straight years without a team and 17 years in a 20 year period (15 in a row) with a team are the same thing. Dumb comparison.

And you want to say I spin things.

Quote:Man, you people are gonna look like such friggin' idiots come this time next year I can't hardly wait.

I hope you're right   :thumbsup:

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2014, 03:26 PM by Treestone Ice.)

Can you imagine your team leaving your city, then winning the Super Bowl the next year in a new city? Oh and then you eventually get a team again; they make one playoff appearance, which they lose, and then suck every year after that?

Yeah, we have had it rough no doubt, but not like the Browns fans have had it. I still hope the Jags are a better team sooner, but I think the brownies might be headed in the right direction.