Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Holding

Quote:TMD is correct! The fix is in!

It's that Colt bias.

Do you know how homerish that sounds? No other fan base thinks their team is held and not called, do they?
It's a shame TMD gets banned so much.... I have no idea how he gets banned because I never see him use profanity.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Ok I can't be the only one to notice for the past few games now our d-linemen are being held like crazy and there have been almost no flags thrown. What the hell?

Yeah I mentioned that it's been a little crazy from an officiating standpoint a while back and got accused of making excuses.  I don't think it's an excuse to point out what we already know...officiating is horrible in the NFL, we just happen to be getting the lion's share of it this year.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Every team thinks they get the [BLEEP] end of the stick when it comes to officiating.  Y'all are being silly.

Quote:Every team thinks they get the [BAD WORD REMOVED] end of the stick when it comes to officiating.  Y'all are being silly.

You crazy dawg.  The Jaguars have only clearly had the overwhelmingly bad end of the stick in two or three games this year in my opinion.

Quote:It's a shame TMD gets banned so much.... I have no idea how he gets banned because I never see him use profanity.
He derails thread after thread with the same material for days until he dreams up something new to moan about and then he derails 6 more threads with that.  When you get warned for it and then do it again it's a time-out. 

Quote:You crazy dawg.  The Jaguars have only clearly had the overwhelmingly bad end of the stick in two or three games this year in my opinion.
Two or three games i can see.  The over-arching sentiment seems to be that it's always an unfair bias, which is false.

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2014, 07:31 PM by Jags32250.)

Quote:He derails thread after thread with the same material for days until he dreams up something new to moan about and then he derails 6 more threads with that.  When you get warned for it and then do it again it's a time-out. 
And now the board has returned to talking about football instead of arguing with TMDs annoying, condescending shticks.

I saw one early in the giants game where the guard had his arm across the midriff of I think Roy miller but that's all I have seen really

In general I think they have toned down holding a bit and only call it at the point of attack on running plays and the really bad ones on pass plays

Unfair mebbe but its fair enough to me if it lets the game flow a bit

Was curious about this subject, because I felt the same way, so I checked to see if there were any statistics out there and found this site.  Seems accurate enough.

http://www.nflpenalties.com/team/jackson...?year=2014

Key stats:  We've benefited from 12 Off. Holding calls, and 3 more were dismissed.  We've committed 14.

6 of the 15 happened in the first 2 weeks.  We've only had 2 in the last 3 games.

Quote:And now the board has returned to talking about football instead of arguing with TMDs annoying, condescending shticks.
Yeah.  It's better this way.

Quote:Was curious about this subject, because I felt the same way, so I checked to see if there were any statistics out there and found this site.  Seems accurate enough.

http://www.nflpenalties.com/team/jackson...?year=2014

Key stats:  We've benefited from 12 Off. Holding calls, and 3 more were dismissed.  We've committed 14.

6 of the 15 happened in the first 2 weeks.  We've only had 2 in the last 3 games.

Seems to agree with my point.

Quote:Yeah.  It's better this way.
Agreed big time!

Quote:Two or three games i can see.  The over-arching sentiment seems to be that it's always an unfair bias, which is false.

Yeah, I doubt it's a bias.  I consider it incompetence.  Sometimes it leans one way and sometimes the other.  This year, we've had a couple three games were it's leaned towards the other team which happens sometimes.

Quote:It's a shame TMD gets banned so much.... I have no idea how he gets banned because I never see him use profanity.

Who cares if he uses profanity. He is the biggest troll on this board and it is much better when he is banned. NYC pointed out why he is banned.

;

;

Quote: 

It's that Colt bias.

Do you know how homerish that sounds? No other fan base thinks their team is held and not called, do they?

I am sure every team can complain and it is valid. More to do with inconsistent officiating than any bias. 

Some of the pass interference, illegal contact and roughing the passer calls are awful.

;

;

Quote:I am sure every team can complain and it is valid. More to do with inconsistent officiating than any bias. 

Some of the pass interference, illegal contact and roughing the passer calls are awful.

I agree. It seems that many refs are more afraid of the sanctions that may come from the League rather than applying common sense, especially regarding roughing the passer. They seem to be thinking "Those are the rules we've been told to enforce and I don't care how it looks."

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Out of control today man

So bad.