Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jets & Rex Ryan

Man, this team is frustrating to watch. Wow. I don't see how any HC can have success with those QB's. Geno Smith is just awful. Just awful.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Man, this team is frustrating to watch. Wow. I don't see how any HC can have success with those QB's. Geno Smith is just awful. Just awful.

Can't believe I wanted the Jaguars to draft Geno. That was a pathetic showing for the Jets offense. They have had countless guys come in as possible QBs since Rex was named HC back in 2009. Sanchez, Tebow, Mcelroy, Stanton, Vick, Smith. Sure, none of them have panned out, but at some point he has to be held responsible for not promoting their development beyond the game manager level. 

It's not like there haven't been options in free agency either.

Geno Smith is awful.  But the same can be said for the Jets blitz pickup component that goes beyond the QB position.

In truth,  it was a huge mistake for the Jets to even attempt to throw the ball on 3rd Down situations when they were in FG range.   Two sacks resulted in 2nd half situations in these situations.  One took them out of FG range.  The other led to a missed FG on a windy night.    If the Jets would have decided not to throw the ball at all in the 2nd half of this game,  they more likely than not would have beaten the Dolphins.    

Rex Ryan very likely will lose his job but he's a top notch Defensive Coach.   If Rex Ryan is comfortable being a Defensive Coordinator in 2015,  he probably will have a number of opportunities in the NFL.

The worst part is, the Jets have a lot of talent on their roster and who knows if Geno is as bad as they are making him look. I mean, they didn't let him throw the ball at all. I was a bit surprised Miami was getting gashed like they were with 9 in the box.