Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TV Shows

Ricky Gervais' After Life on Netflix, clever, funny, thought provoking.. excellent stuff.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Ricky Gervais has the most infectious laugh I’ve ever heard.

(This post was last modified: 04-12-2019, 09:56 AM by jagshype.)

Enjoyed the first episode of Warrior on Cinemax

About the Chinese Tongs(immigrant communities) in San Francisco during the late 1800s. Its more focused on action and martial arts than actual history.
From IMDB: Set during the Tong Wars in the late 1800s, Ah Sahm, a martial arts prodigy originating from China to San Francisco, ends up becoming a hatchet man for the most powerful tong in Chinatown

Same creator as Banshee and inspired from Bruce Lee's concept "The Warrior"
The Bruce Lee fight styles are greatly presented in the fight scenes. Very entertaining.

Game of Thrones starts in 2 days.'

All other TV doesn't matter.

For anyone with daughters, my niece just got into "Find me in Paris". Pretty good show for kids. She is the audience though being in the ballet world. May try to introduce her better sci-fi to see she likes it.

(04-12-2019, 01:35 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Game of Thrones starts in 2 days.'

Never understood the love for that show.

Badly written, badly acted, stupid storyline.

But to each their own!

(04-12-2019, 03:33 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:

But to each their own!

Agree. I've never really been into those medieval fantasy shows though.

But to each their own!

(04-12-2019, 06:33 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-12-2019, 03:33 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Never understood the love for that show.

But to each their own!

Agree. I've never really been into those medieval fantasy shows though.

It took me awhile to get into Game of Thrones on my end. But patience paid off for me with it. It's been honestly my favorite show ever. I could never get into Lord of the Rings. Didn't care much for Star Wars nor Startrek. 

I was more into Stargate, Conan the Barbarian and stuff like that growing up. Spartacus was good. Black Sails was good. But I think as far as overall plot twists, shock value and production Game of Thrones is up there. Would also say Vikings gets my nod for 2nd best show in that kind of area or genre. 

Used to be big on the Walking Dead. I haven't kept up with it since the ending of maybe 2017's 2nd half? Can't remember. But Game or Thrones actually got me back into reading long, lengthy novels because I simply couldn't handle waiting on another season to come next. And the writing material naturally offered more insight on the characters that you do or DON'T see in the HBO series and there's a lot of history to it. 

What do you two recommend though right now on TV? Or Netflix? Hulu? Been looking for some new series to get hooked on with Game of Thrones closing.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

But to each their own!
Wait... What?

How many episodes have you actually watched? Stupid storyline?!

I'm starting Mindhunter. I like the pace. Everything is kind of slow building the way the main character put together his methodology for profiling during his career. The audience is learning/evolving with him.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(05-13-2019, 07:57 PM)pirkster Wrote: I'm starting Mindhunter.  I like the pace.  Everything is kind of slow building the way the main character put together his methodology for profiling during his career.  The audience is learning/evolving with him.

I loved this show. In fact I'm going to watch it again. Season two is coming out in August. I've been wanting to read the book John Douglas wrote of his time as an FBI profiler. He's the guy the Holden Ford character is based on. The Bill Tench character is based on his partner, Robert Ressler. They are why and how criminal profiling began.

Anyone watched Chernobyl on HBO? Great show so far.

(05-13-2019, 08:19 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(05-13-2019, 07:57 PM)pirkster Wrote: I'm starting Mindhunter.  I like the pace.  Everything is kind of slow building the way the main character put together his methodology for profiling during his career.  The audience is learning/evolving with him.

I loved this show. In fact I'm going to watch it again. Season two is coming out in August. I've been wanting to read the book John Douglas wrote of his time as an FBI profiler. He's the guy the Holden Ford character is based on. The Bill Tench character is based on his partner, Robert Ressler. They are why and how criminal profiling began.

I really like seeing the portrayals of the different serial killers. For the most part, they do a great job.

Bonding on Netflix

If you're into really weird stuff that is.

(05-14-2019, 12:16 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(05-13-2019, 08:19 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I loved this show. In fact I'm going to watch it again. Season two is coming out in August. I've been wanting to read the book John Douglas wrote of his time as an FBI profiler. He's the guy the Holden Ford character is based on. The Bill Tench character is based on his partner, Robert Ressler. They are why and how criminal profiling began.

I really like seeing the portrayals of the different serial killers. For the most part, they do a great job.

I agree. Fascinating stuff. Next season they will focus on killings that happened in Atlanta back in the day. The 70's IIRC.

(04-16-2019, 01:40 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-12-2019, 03:33 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Never understood the love for that show.

But to each their own!
Wait... What?

It's incredibly stupid and always has been..

I guess the sadness that it's ending has allowed people to see it as the garbage it always actually was.

But like I said, to each their own. Some all it takes are a bunch of rape scenes, flaccid penises and boobies everywhere to make a good show.

Sound like you're describing Spartacus.

(05-20-2019, 03:14 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(04-16-2019, 01:40 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Wait... What?

It's incredibly stupid and always has been..

I guess the sadness that it's ending has allowed people to see it as the garbage it always actually was.

But like I said, to each their own. Some all it takes are a bunch of rape scenes, flaccid penises and boobies everywhere to make a good show.

You ain't gotta like the show... but you sound super like Super Prude the Un-fun Dude.

Honestly... not sure how many rape scenes occurred in 8 full seasons... (2 or 3 maybe?)
I'm willing to bet most people didn't watch for the flaccid penises and saggy (or lackluster) "boobies".

Your whole take is incredibly stupid.
"The show is stupid because, nudity"

lawdy geezus pluhze save the peeples frum demselves!
Laughing

(This post was last modified: 05-20-2019, 04:24 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(05-20-2019, 04:10 PM)Kane Wrote:
(05-20-2019, 03:14 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: It's incredibly stupid and always has been..

You ain't gotta like the show... but you sound super like Super Prude the Un-fun Dude.

Honestly... not sure how many rape scenes occurred in 8 full seasons... (2 or 3 maybe?)
I'm willing to bet most people didn't watch for the flaccid penises and saggy (or lackluster) "boobies".

Your whole take is incredibly stupid.
"The show is stupid because, nudity"

lawdy geezus pluhze save the peeples frum demselves!
Laughing

That's not why it was stupid.

It's how stupid people tolerated how absolutely atrociously stupid it was.

If I want to see boobs I'll go find a chick. I don't need to or even care to see it on TV shows or movies because it screams lazy writers can't think therefore BOOBS.

Whenever a show or movie reverts to sex or nudity for no other reason than to end a scene it just tells me the writers can't think creatively.

All shows are second to Breaking Bad. Best written show to ever grace the small screen. Period.

Don’t argue, it will only make you look silly.