Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TV Shows

I've been watching an older Showtime show they just put on Hulu.

Penn & Teller [BLEEP]. Every single person needs to watch that show. It cuts through the [BLEEP], literally.

They tackle the BS of environmentalism, the BS of diets, the BS of workout equipment, the BS of psychics.. and it's pretty funny too.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I've been watching Narcos on Netflix. What a great show. Violent, dark, suspenseful. Highly recommended.

It's about the cocaine godfathers that rose up in Columbia in the 1980s. The first two seasons are about Pablo Escobar, the godfather of the Medellin cartel, who at one point was the 8th richest man in the world, the richest criminal in history, with approximately $59 billion in today's dollars. The third season, the one I am watching now, is about bringing down the Cali cartel.

It's not a documentary, it's a dramatization, and the acting and directing is really good, although you have to read a lot of subtitles, since they speak in Spanish most of the time.

The Outsider shows much promise.. First 2 episodes were awesome so far..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Finished that Aaron Hernandez special and Don't [BLEEP] With Cats special on Netflix last week. Both were pretty good and interesting respectively.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-20-2020, 02:10 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: The Outsider shows much promise.. First 2 episodes were awesome so far..

Yes. 

Really digging that one.

Watched Messiah on Netflix. Very thought provoking. Hope they have a season 2.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(01-23-2020, 04:08 PM)hb1148 Wrote: Watched Messiah on Netflix. Very thought provoking. Hope they have a season 2.

I could have easily binged the whole season in a day. As it is I forced myself to take a week to watch it. Definitely worth a second viewing.

I watched the series Spinning Out. It pretty accurately portrays what a person with bipolar disorder acts like when they go off their meds. I had a friend who didn't like staying on hers and not howdy did those of us around her pay dearly for it.

A little late to the party for this show, but have been watching “Person if Interest”. Really liking it.

Googled Messiah, reviews are sketchy but, sounds like it may be good. I’ll have to check that out.

(01-23-2020, 06:21 PM)Jags Wrote: A little late to the party for this show, but have been watching “Person if Interest”.  Really liking it.  

Googled Messiah,  reviews are sketchy but, sounds like it may be good.  I’ll have to check that out.

Screw the reviews on Messiah dude. Just watch it. 

Person of Interest was good until the last season of two. We finished the series but it wasn't as enjoyable for us.

(01-23-2020, 10:00 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(01-23-2020, 06:21 PM)Jags Wrote: A little late to the party for this show, but have been watching “Person if Interest”.  Really liking it.  

Googled Messiah,  reviews are sketchy but, sounds like it may be good.  I’ll have to check that out.

Screw the reviews on Messiah dude. Just watch it. 

Person of Interest was good until the last season of two. We finished the series but it wasn't as enjoyable for us.

So far, I’m kinda hooked on POI.  But I’m still on season 1.  

I know reviews for messiah have been amiss.  But reading here, I assume it’s better than suggested.  Will definitely give it a shot.  Seems up my ally based off the description.  Looking forward to it actually.  Thanks to you and the other poster that recommended it.

(01-23-2020, 10:11 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-23-2020, 10:00 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Screw the reviews on Messiah dude. Just watch it. 

So far, I’m kinda hooked on POI.  But I’m still on season 1.  

I know reviews for messiah have been amiss.  But reading here, I assume it’s better than suggested.  Will definitely give it a shot.  Seems up my ally based off the description.  Looking forward to it actually.  Thanks to you and the other poster that recommended it.

There are some shows and movies I ended up enjoying quite a bit despite bad reviews so I no longer pay attention to them. It's like people who say Amazon Kindles or Fitbit watches suck in comparison to iPads and Apple watches. I don't pay attention to them either.

And you're welcome. I think you'll like Messiah very much. Like I said before, I'll definitely watch it again. I kind of hope there is a second season but in a way the story was told perfectly well as it is.

So now that I've cut the cord, I've started semi-binge watching a few shows. I know I'm really late to the show as there are eight seasons available...but, damn is Dexter addictive.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-24-2020, 12:16 PM)Rico Wrote: So now that I've cut the cord, I've started semi-binge watching a few shows.  I know I'm really late to the show as there are eight seasons available...but, damn is Dexter addictive.

No don't do it!

(02-24-2020, 03:11 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(02-24-2020, 12:16 PM)Rico Wrote: So now that I've cut the cord, I've started semi-binge watching a few shows.  I know I'm really late to the show as there are eight seasons available...but, damn is Dexter addictive.

No don't do it!

Too late...I'm in the middle of year 3.

Don't have enough time to truly binge watch since I DVR other shows.  I've probably gotten through 10-12 episodes a week.

Now if I had this at my disposal when I was layed up for 3+ months with my ankle, I might have turned into a vegetable.

Laid up with a head cold yesterday and today.
Binging the Bosch series on Amazon. Not bad.
I read one of the books several years ago, got sucked in.

(01-24-2020, 12:06 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(01-23-2020, 10:11 PM)Jags Wrote: So far, I’m kinda hooked on POI.  But I’m still on season 1.  

There are some shows and movies I ended up enjoying quite a bit despite bad reviews so I no longer pay attention to them. It's like people who say Amazon Kindles or Fitbit watches suck in comparison to iPads and Apple watches. I don't pay attention to them either.

And you're welcome. I think you'll like Messiah very much. Like I said before, I'll definitely watch it again. I kind of hope there is a second season but in a way the story was told perfectly well as it is.

I liked Messiah, but found certain parts predictable and given to stereotypes.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(01-20-2020, 02:10 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: The Outsider shows much promise.. First 2 episodes were awesome so far..

(01-20-2020, 04:34 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Yes. 

Really digging that one.

I read the book, one of King's best. It's a nod to his appreciation of police procedurals, while mixing in the supernatural as only King can. The series is very true to the novel, even with the marked changes to the Holly Gibney character.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

I like the way that NetFlix tries to feed my habit by badgering me with emails when I don't watch enough.

(02-25-2020, 03:28 PM)Rico Wrote: I like the way that NetFlix tries to feed my habit by badgering me with emails when I don't watch enough.

But, since you cut the cord and are now watching Netflix, did you at least catch up on 7th heaven?

(02-24-2020, 11:53 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(01-24-2020, 12:06 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: There are some shows and movies I ended up enjoying quite a bit despite bad reviews so I no longer pay attention to them. It's like people who say Amazon Kindles or Fitbit watches suck in comparison to iPads and Apple watches. I don't pay attention to them either.

I liked Messiah, but found certain parts predictable and given to stereotypes.

Yeah, but what can you do? Sometimes you just have to realize it's going to happen and enjoy the entertainment regardless.