Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TV Shows

(02-25-2020, 03:28 PM)Rico Wrote: I like the way that NetFlix tries to feed my habit by badgering me with emails when I don't watch enough.

Never seen this. Can't you just unsubscribe?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-26-2020, 04:13 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(02-25-2020, 03:28 PM)Rico Wrote: I like the way that NetFlix tries to feed my habit by badgering me with emails when I don't watch enough.

Never seen this. Can't you just unsubscribe?

Sure I could.

But what would I [BLEEP] about?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I finished this season of All or Nothing with the Philadelphia Eagles. It was a decent season. 

I love Brandon Graham. That dude is funny and is a good trash talker. 

I appreciate Brandon Brooks and his willingness to talk about his anxiety issues. Awareness from a fellow like him is a big deal in the NFL world.

The end of the final episode was tough to watch. Josh McCown had to play almost the entire game after Wentz went down with a concussion in the first quarter. McCown is no spring chicken at 40 years old and at some point in the second half he was hit and you could tell he was hurt but he played hard until the end. Seeing his emotional reaction in the tunnel before having to face the post game crowd was tough. Ertz said something to him and they walked toward the crowd together.

I just started Trailer Park Boys on Netflix. It's a Canadian mockumentary style comedy that started in 2001 and ran 12 seasons. My wife doesn't get it at all. I find it absolutely hilarious.

(03-13-2020, 02:21 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I just started Trailer Park Boys on Netflix.   It's a Canadian mockumentary style comedy that started in 2001 and ran 12 seasons.   My wife doesn't get it at all.  I find it absolutely hilarious.

Bubbles is the best.

Which is the better show? Sopranos or the wire? I've seen neither

(03-13-2020, 08:10 PM)JackCity Wrote: Which is the better show? Sopranos or the wire? I've seen neither

Both good, but my preference would be the wire.

(03-13-2020, 08:10 PM)JackCity Wrote: Which is the better show? Sopranos or the wire? I've seen neither

I've seen all of Sopranos and season 1 of The Wire. Couldn't get into The Wire although it did start to get interesting in the last couple of eps I watched.  People tell me it gets better as it goes. Sopranos has its flaws at times but is a great series with a great cast. Sopranos > The Wire.

We've watched episode 1 of Devs on Hulu. Hard to say yet how it's gonna be. Has a Ex Machina vibe although no robots yet.  Tongue
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2020, 07:33 AM by The Real Marty.)

(03-13-2020, 02:42 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 02:21 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I just started Trailer Park Boys on Netflix.   It's a Canadian mockumentary style comedy that started in 2001 and ran 12 seasons.   My wife doesn't get it at all.  I find it absolutely hilarious.

Bubbles is the best.

I just watched the one with "the Jim trick."  

It's hilarious the way he tops it off by bumming a cigarette off the cop.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP6ekM6fcTs

Westworld season 3 premier was last night. Looks like their moving away from a Westworld remake into a remake of "Invasion of the Body Snatchers", I guess.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Had anyone seen the latest “masked Singer”? I don’t want to spoil anything. But my wife and kid like it and so that’s how I’m justifying watching it. Upon the reveal of who this singer was and watching that person perform. Made me literally LOL. It was a shock. And I don’t normally do that while watching TV.

(03-16-2020, 06:22 PM)Jags Wrote: Had anyone seen the latest “masked Singer”?   I don’t want to spoil anything.  But my wife and kid like it and so that’s how I’m justifying watching it.  Upon the reveal of who this singer was and watching that person perform. Made me literally LOL.  It was a shock.  And I don’t normally do that while watching TV.

I saw online where Sarah Palin was "singing" Baby Got Back. I was laughing hysterically. I hate shows like that but when I saw the words "Baby Got Back" and "Sarah Palin singing" in the same sentence I couldn't resist. Lol

(03-17-2020, 11:51 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(03-16-2020, 06:22 PM)Jags Wrote: Had anyone seen the latest “masked Singer”?   I don’t want to spoil anything.  But my wife and kid like it and so that’s how I’m justifying watching it.  Upon the reveal of who this singer was and watching that person perform. Made me literally LOL.  It was a shock.  And I don’t normally do that while watching TV.

I saw online where Sarah Palin was "singing" Baby Got Back. I was laughing hysterically. I hate shows like that but when I saw the words "Baby Got Back" and "Sarah Palin singing" in the same sentence I couldn't resist. Lol

Yep, That’s what I was referring to.

Watching The Stranger on Netflix. Very interesting.

2 shows I am watching now:

1. Curb Your Enthusiasm - Great season. I'd argue one of the best yet
2. Better Call Saul - Amazing show. Starting to really get into the Breaking Bad world.

I just finished S2 of Altered Carbon on Netflix. I should have watched S1 again because I was definitely confused in some of the storyline. A lot has happened in life since the first one and I forgot a lot of stuff. It was a good season though.

(04-01-2020, 12:41 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I just finished S2 of Altered Carbon on Netflix. I should have watched S1 again because I was definitely confused in some of the storyline. A lot has happened in life since the first one and I forgot a lot of stuff. It was a good season though.

Just finished it also. Steep drop from season 1 for me but still good.

Heard a lot about this show after watching Letterkenny.  I’m sure it’s a chicken/egg thing.  I watched Letterkenny and found it hilarious after I got through the language.  I watched YouTube “shorts” of TPB.  Sure I get the humor and it’s funny.  But, I don’t feel or get the characters like I did with the other show.  So I didn’t start it.  I’m sure it’s funny.  Just didn’t grab me enough to spend a weekend or two on it.

(04-01-2020, 05:57 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 12:41 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I just finished S2 of Altered Carbon on Netflix. I should have watched S1 again because I was definitely confused in some of the storyline. A lot has happened in life since the first one and I forgot a lot of stuff. It was a good season though.

Just finished it also. Steep drop from season 1 for me but still good.

I think if I go back and watch both seasons in succession and not around two years apart the second season won't feel so.....off. I just forgot a lot of what happened in S1.

(03-18-2020, 10:08 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Watching The Stranger on Netflix. Very interesting.

I really liked that one.

If anyone is even thinking of watching The Romanoffs on Amazon...don’t. I watched all 8 episodes of it and I’m still wondering what the hell I just watched!!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???