Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TV Shows

I just finished binging Travelers on Netflix and now I’m extremely ticked off that there will never be a fourth season!!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-06-2020, 02:07 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I just finished binging Travelers on Netflix and now I’m extremely ticked off that there will never be a fourth season!!!

I loved the series. A good one to watch again since I know there are things I missed the first viewing.

Watching season 3 of Westworld. After the first 2 flawed but very watchable seasons, season 3 is going full on comic book cliche. Wonder if they'll be able to save it from being a total disaster?
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(04-07-2020, 08:59 AM)hb1148 Wrote: Watching season 3 of Westworld. After the first 2 flawed but very watchable seasons, season 3 is going full on comic book cliche. Wonder if they'll be able to save it from being a total disaster?

I like it so far.

Only TV show I really watch is Chicago PD
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

Better call Saul.. thank me later.

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2020, 12:47 PM by Caldrac.)

Just finished the Dark Side Of The Ring parts I & II. It's about Chris Benoit and that whole side of the business and that incident. Was pretty hard to watch at times. Especially with the whole Eddie Guerrero segment. I didn't know that Chavo found him the way he did.

It gave a lot of insight into how the business was ran at that time. How one of the Benoit's was treated poorly after the murder suicide. I give a lot of credit to Chris Jericho and Chavo Guerrero for coming to that kid's aide. Dean Malenko as well. He was completely innocent and a victim in the aftermath of that.

WWE has come under a lot of scrutiny lately. McMahon may be on the verge of losing it completely business wise. And believe it or not. With TNA (Impact Wrestling) and AEW starting to gain it's ground in the industry they very well may be washed out in due time.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-08-2020, 12:46 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Just finished the Dark Side Of The Ring parts I & II. It's about Chris Benoit and that whole side of the business and that incident. Was pretty hard to watch at times. Especially with the whole Eddie Guerrero segment. I didn't know that Chavo found him the way he did.

It gave a lot of insight into how the business was ran at that time. How one of the Benoit's was treated poorly after the murder suicide. I give a lot of credit to Chris Jericho and Chavo Guerrero for coming to that kid's aide. Dean Malenko as well. He was completely innocent and a victim in the aftermath of that.

WWE has come under a lot of scrutiny lately. McMahon may be on the verge of losing it completely business wise. And believe it or not. With TNA (Impact Wrestling) and AEW starting to gain it's ground in the industry they very well may be washed out in due time.

The wrestling business is in a pretty interesting spot right now.  They're playing to empty arenas because of the pandemic.  But if I was advising McMahon, I would tell him, having no live spectators means you can do whatever you want.  You can set up all kinds of stunts and special effects and it doesn't have to look good for live spectators, it only has to look good on TV.  

Honestly, I haven't watched the WWE for many years, but it seems like this current environment would be an opportunity for them to change the way they present their product.

(04-07-2020, 04:47 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Better call Saul.. thank me later.

Kim is going to get whacked soon. She’s “in the game”.

(04-08-2020, 02:29 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-08-2020, 12:46 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Just finished the Dark Side Of The Ring parts I & II. It's about Chris Benoit and that whole side of the business and that incident. Was pretty hard to watch at times. Especially with the whole Eddie Guerrero segment. I didn't know that Chavo found him the way he did.

The wrestling business is in a pretty interesting spot right now.  They're playing to empty arenas because of the pandemic.  But if I was advising McMahon, I would tell him, having no live spectators means you can do whatever you want.  You can set up all kinds of stunts and special effects and it doesn't have to look good for live spectators, it only has to look good on TV.  

Honestly, I haven't watched the WWE for many years, but it seems like this current environment would be an opportunity for them to change the way they present their product.

I haven't really been into wrestling for decades now. I stopped keeping up once the WWF Attitude Era all but fizzled out. Once Austin and The Rock left it kind of flat lined for me. I was more into that era. When they were doing those crazy [BLEEP] hell in the cell matches with the Undertaker and Mankind those were fun to watch. 

Then the Hardy brothers came along with the ladder matches. I think right when I stopped watching it you had John Cena still relatively as an unknown in the sport. And then I guess he's since become one of their poster boys and main events. 

I have no clue who A.J Styles or C.M Punk are or were. I only know of their names because of the WWE gaming series. But I agree. This is a good time for them to get creative and do things to reinvigorate their brand and it doesn't seem like it's going to happen. Vince's age may be finally catching up to him. 

Not sure if Linda or his children are interested or as capable of running it for him. But I wouldn't be surprised to see the WWE completely dissolve by 2025. I think it's going down that path. I keep seeing a lot of fans complain that their roster and story lines are pretty much boring. And that AEW seems to have some type of edge on them. 

May not be financially. But I guess product wise. I might get back into it as a fan in due time. Especially with my son on the way here soon. Just depends on the quality of the product and the rosters.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I just finished episode two of Chernobyl (HBO series) and...... the end! Oh my goodness. Talk about a sobering scene. Dang.

Finished Chernobyl. That was a fantastic series.

We're binge-watching the two seasons of Formula 1- Drive to Survive on Netflix. It's a very good show, and has gotten me interested in Formula 1 racing. It focuses on the teams and drivers in the middle and end of the pack. There's very little focus on Mercedes or Ferrari, teams which have huge budgets and who are always at the front. Even my wife likes the show.

(04-08-2020, 02:37 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 04:47 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Better call Saul.. thank me later.

Kim is going to get whacked soon. She’s “in the game”.

I think you're right, and it will be the circumstances of her death that sends Jimmy into Cinnabon management. 

Not really a bold prediction, that.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(05-02-2020, 09:59 AM)rollerjag Wrote:
(04-08-2020, 02:37 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Kim is going to get whacked soon. She’s “in the game”.

I think you're right, and it will be the circumstances of her death that sends Jimmy into Cinnabon management. 

No, no no no no no no.  

Cinnabon management happens after the Breaking Bad part of Jimmy's life.  If she gets whacked in Better Call Saul, then all the Breaking Bad stuff has to happen between her death and Jimmy going into Cinnabon management.

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2020, 12:08 PM by homebiscuit.)

(04-30-2020, 11:31 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I just finished episode two of Chernobyl (HBO series) and...... the end! Oh my goodness. Talk about a sobering scene. Dang.

I thoroughly enjoyed that series. I’m not sure what scene you’re alluding to, but the one of the concrete being poured over the coffins was absolutely stunning. The patterns in the fluid concrete as it was shown in slow motion flowing over the coffins, along with the music, was simply brilliant  cinematography and editing.

(05-02-2020, 10:34 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(05-02-2020, 09:59 AM)rollerjag Wrote: I think you're right, and it will be the circumstances of her death that sends Jimmy into Cinnabon management. 

No, no no no no no no.  

Cinnabon management happens after the Breaking Bad part of Jimmy's life.  If she gets whacked in Better Call Saul, then all the Breaking Bad stuff has to happen between her death and Jimmy going into Cinnabon management.

Exactly. I think it will be Kim’s death which causes Jimmy to shed any semblance of legitimacy.

What I want to know is why isn’t Tony Dalton a famous actor? That dude is good.

(05-02-2020, 12:06 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-30-2020, 11:31 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I just finished episode two of Chernobyl (HBO series) and...... the end! Oh my goodness. Talk about a sobering scene. Dang.

I thoroughly enjoyed that series. I’m not sure what scene you’re alluding to, but the one of the concrete being poured over the coffins was absolutely stunning. The patterns in the fluid concrete as it was shown in slow motion flowing over the coffins, along with the music, was simply brilliant  cinematography and editing.

(05-02-2020, 10:34 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: No, no no no no no no.  

Exactly. I think it will be Kim’s death which causes Jimmy to shed any semblance of legitimacy.

He's definitely one of the best bad guys I've seen in a long time.  

I think we're living in the golden age of TV, with actors like that, and TV shows like we have now.

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2020, 02:54 PM by homebiscuit.)

(05-02-2020, 12:20 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(05-02-2020, 12:06 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I thoroughly enjoyed that series. I’m not sure what scene you’re alluding to, but the one of the concrete being poured over the coffins was absolutely stunning. The patterns in the fluid concrete as it was shown in slow motion flowing over the coffins, along with the music, was simply brilliant  cinematography and editing.

He's definitely one of the best bad guys I've seen in a long time.  

I think we're living in the golden age of TV, with actors like that, and TV shows like we have now.

I agree. Hollywood has become such a morally and creatively bereft inbred echo chamber that TV is providing an outlet for real imagination and emerging talent. Plus, storylines can be divided into easily digestible hour long segments.

I'm not really a fan of fictional shows anymore, but I've been watching The X-Files lately. It's nice to be able to watch a show like that from the very first episode.

Have you guys watched "Money Heist" on Netflix? The wife said that this show had a huge following in Europe and Latin America. It is a Spanish show but has been cast in English. The fourth season just came out about a month ago. We started watching it and found ourselves binging all four seasons within about a week. It has it's ridiculous parts, as in I would never have the type of characters they have if I were doing what they were doing but ultimately I would have to say this is one of the better TV shows I have ever watched. Check it out.