Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TV Shows

(This post was last modified: 05-14-2021, 09:47 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

I'm very sad to see that one of my favorite shows just got canceled. I loved Prodigal Son. I can't believe a lot of "garbage shows" got renewed and something original and creative like this has to end. So sad.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-14-2021, 09:47 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm very sad to see that one of my favorite shows just got canceled. I loved Prodigal Son. I can't believe a lot of "garbage shows" got renewed and something original and creative like this has to end. So sad.

Did it at least have a good series finale?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(05-14-2021, 09:55 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-14-2021, 09:47 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm very sad to see that one of my favorite shows just got canceled. I loved Prodigal Son. I can't believe a lot of "garbage shows" got renewed and something original and creative like this has to end. So sad.

Did it at least have a good series finale?

The second half of the series finale is on Tuesday. So far, it's been great and the trailer looks fantastic. I hope it doesn't end on some cliffhanger. It's one of the few shows I really enjoyed. My favorite shows lately have been Big Sky, Prodigal Son and Law and Order: SVU.

(05-14-2021, 10:19 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(05-14-2021, 09:55 AM)Dimson Wrote: Did it at least have a good series finale?

The second half of the series finale is on Tuesday. So far, it's been great and the trailer looks fantastic. I hope it doesn't end on some cliffhanger. It's one of the few shows I really enjoyed. My favorite shows lately have been Big Sky, Prodigal Son and Law and Order: SVU.

MacGyver just had it's series finale and it was terrible. Horrible way to end an awesome show.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 05-14-2021, 04:50 PM by p_rushing.)

(05-14-2021, 10:20 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-14-2021, 10:19 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: The second half of the series finale is on Tuesday. So far, it's been great and the trailer looks fantastic. I hope it doesn't end on some cliffhanger. It's one of the few shows I really enjoyed. My favorite shows lately have been Big Sky, Prodigal Son and Law and Order: SVU.

MacGyver just had it's series finale and it was terrible. Horrible way to end an awesome show.

It wasn't really planned to end unless they didn't let anyone know. I think is was announced around 1 month ago it was ending. Seemed like they just wrote a quick ending.

(05-14-2021, 10:20 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-14-2021, 10:19 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: The second half of the series finale is on Tuesday. So far, it's been great and the trailer looks fantastic. I hope it doesn't end on some cliffhanger. It's one of the few shows I really enjoyed. My favorite shows lately have been Big Sky, Prodigal Son and Law and Order: SVU.

I've always thought if a show new it was "on the bubble" whether it would return or not, it would be nice if they would film two endings. One being a "cliff hanger" in case it returns and the other kind of tying things up and giving it a proper sendoff in case it gets canceled. It would just be a nice gesture to the fans who did stick by the show until the end. 

One of my favorite shows a while back was "Chuck." It was a comedy, spy show. In the finale, the lead character loses his memory and it still bothers me to this day how they left the final show so open ended.

Agreed, but I read that its because Michael Sheen's production schedule is just too.difficult to manage and he needed out. And really he makes that whole show work even as good as Tom Payne is at his role.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

If you haven't watched "White Boy". On Netflix, you should check it out. Really good. Kind if unbelievable. It's like a damn movie plot but it's a documentary. Talk about [BLEEP] corruption.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I know it's just an animated show...

Invincible on Amazon Prime.

It's just a great storyline.. basically.. what would a Superman kind of hero REALLY be like if he came from an alien race of basically Gods? It's pretty good. Love all the storylines. They have been given the green light for a Season 2 and 3.

And in case you need extra inclination? The guy who made this made the Walking Dead comic as well.

If you're into Amazon's "Bosch" series season seven premiers 25 June. I love this show and the books the series is based on so I'm a happy camper. Solid writing, directing and acting. Hopefully they don't get stupid with Covid and other issues. I expect they'll address these things but hopefully it doesn't veer away from the main storylines from the books.

(06-01-2021, 06:17 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: If you're into Amazon's "Bosch" series season seven premiers 25 June. I love this show and the books the series is based on so I'm a happy camper. Solid writing, directing and acting. Hopefully they don't get stupid with Covid and other issues. I expect they'll address these things but hopefully it doesn't veer away from the main storylines from the books.

Yeah I really like that one, looking forward to the next season. We are catching up on Goliath too which I would put in a similar category.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 06-02-2021, 09:02 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

Mare of Easttown on HBOMax was one of the best mini-series I have seen in forever. Great story, interesting characters and so many twist and turns on the way to finding out the real killer. I loved this show.

[Image: mare-of-easttown-hbo-review.jpg?w=1000]

(06-02-2021, 09:01 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Mare of Easttown on HBOMax was one of the best mini-series I have seen in forever. Great story, interesting characters and so many twist and turns on the way to finding out the real killer. I loved this show.

[Image: mare-of-easttown-hbo-review.jpg?w=1000]
Couldn’t agree more. Fantastic show.

I still watch Ax-men and Deadliest Catch lol

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(06-02-2021, 09:42 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: I still watch Ax-men and Deadliest Catch lol

I love Deadliest Catch.  It’s about the only show I’ll stay up to watch versus dvr and watch later. Those are some bad [BLEEP] dudes.

(06-02-2021, 12:59 PM)Jags Wrote:
(06-02-2021, 09:42 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: I still watch Ax-men and Deadliest Catch lol

I love Deadliest Catch.  It’s about the only show I’ll stay up to watch versus dvr and watch later. Those are some bad [BLEEP] dudes.

Yeah man.. good stuff!!

Mare of Easttown was most excellent. It was nice to see Kate Winslet in a very different role than I'm used to seeing her in. Truth be told I haven't seen her in anything recent, maybe 10 years, and was surprised at how much older she looks. I know part of it is make-up and lighting to make her look a certain way, but it reminded me that time has gone by very quickly and everyone has gotten older.

Season one of Goliath was excellent. Season 2 I couldn't get through. S3 was okay. The show needs to be retired.

Bosch is on Prime today. I can't wait to watch it and am sad this is the last season.

Is the movie”Snatch” on prime? I’ve been having a hankering to watch that gem.

I'm just waitin on Shark Week..