Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TV Shows

Looking forward to the new season of “Dirty Jobs”. Love Mike Rowe in that show, as a person, and all his narration work he did. Hopefully this new season, after years off the air, will pick up where it left off.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-02-2022, 08:07 PM)Jags Wrote: Looking forward to the new season of “Dirty Jobs”.  Love Mike Rowe in that show, as a person, and all his narration work he did.  Hopefully this new season, after years off the air, will pick up where it left off.

I didn't know they were making new ones...cool.

On a semi-related note:  Did you know that Mike Rowe is/was a trained opera singer?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-03-2022, 10:23 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(01-02-2022, 08:07 PM)Jags Wrote: Looking forward to the new season of “Dirty Jobs”.  Love Mike Rowe in that show, as a person, and all his narration work he did.  Hopefully this new season, after years off the air, will pick up where it left off.

On a semi-related note:  Did you know that Mike Rowe is/was a trained opera singer?

If you listen to Disturbed's (the band) version of Sound of Silence you hardly believe they are also responsible for Down With The Sickness. It's amazing how talented people can work their voices. Susan Boyle speaking doesn't sound like Susan Boyle singing "I Dreamed A Dream" on that Simon Cowell talent show from years ago. Talk about jaw dropping!

On a related note- the new season of Cobra Kai is out and I've been waiting all weekend to watch it. It looks to be pretty kick [BLEEP].

Finished Witcher season 2. Was solid. May start the Wheel of Time soon. Kind of like Thrones I heard. Also liked that show You on Netflix with the wife. Pretty creepy but I like the psychology aspect to it behind stalkers and obsessive behavior.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-03-2022, 10:23 AM)RicoTx Wrote:

I actually did know that.  He’s definitely very talented in many ways.  If I’m not mistaken, “Dirty Jobs” was his idea he pitched to Discovery.  Big fan of his and his quick wit.  He has a way of saying things in a way I’m unable to do without the other person thinking I’m an idiot/stupid or being rude.  

Can’t tell you how many times in my life I had to roll my eyes and say “I was just kidding”.  Or “it was a joke”.

I am on the One Piece kick. English Dubbed is way to go. I am hooked...

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thecinemaholic.com%...f=1&nofb=1]
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(01-03-2022, 10:38 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Finished Witcher season 2. Was solid. May start the Wheel of Time soon. Kind of like Thrones I heard. Also liked that show You on Netflix with the wife. Pretty creepy but I like the psychology aspect to it behind stalkers and obsessive behavior.

Wheel Of Time is less GOT and more Lord Of The Rings. There's a lot of mythology behind it and I wasn't familiar with it but if you catch up with that as you watch, it makes it easier to follow. It's ok though, not great maybe but entertaining.

We're watching Station Eleven right now. This is more my kinda show. Quirky characters and situations, non-linear storytelling. It's The Walking Dead minus the zombies plus actually interesting characters.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2022, 09:39 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

I jump around among the various streaming services so I can binge-watch their latest stuff.  I jumped over to HBO Max a few weeks ago.

I watched all of season 3 of "Succession."  Great show.  No spoiler, but at the end of season 3, a whole bunch of stuff you might have thought was not significant becomes revealed as very significant.  

I watched the first episode of "The Miracle Workers."  It's supposed to be a comedy, but it fell completely flat with me. 

I watched the first episode of "Person of Interest."  I liked it and will continue watching.

The first three seasons of Person of Interest is good but went sideways for me when they decided in the fourth season to make a recurring character a regular one and it made the intrigue go away. And the direction of that character with another added character went off the rails and the show jumped the shark IMO. 

I watched the first two episodes of 1883, the prequel to Yellowstone, last night. I enjoyed it though I'm not sure Tim McGraw and Faith Hill were the right choice for the main character and his wife. They (as their characters) show up in Yellowstone in flashbacks as the patriarch and matriarch of the Dutton family so I suppose it makes sense they play them in 1883 but I'm not sure they work for more than a few scenes of flashbacks. They're either playing the characters really well in a way I don't quite understand yet or they just suck. I guess I'll find out. I like them just fine in their chosen profession so it's not them, it's just the characters. 

I've never seen Yellowstone and likely won't because it reportedly started off good but after season one it turned into a modern day version of Dallas without the likes of JR Ewing and Miss Ellie and none of the characters are likeable, which I don't have to love the characters but I want to at least like some of them. And everyone loved to hate JR. 

Also caught the first episode of The Book of Boba Fett last week and look forward to watching weekly episodes. I love that they kept the same actor who played Boba's "dad" Jango in Star Wars Episodes 2 and 3. It works because Boba is actually the first clone of Jango so it doesn't look weird that they look exactly the same. I'm not sure when The Madalorian is coming out with a third season but look forward to it. 

Watched S2 of The Witcher the week it came out. Will have to go back and watch it again at some point since the first time around was a lot to take in. I know nothing of the books or video games so I go into it blind. I love Henry Cavill and he is who and what attracted me to the series in the first place.

We watched the first couple of episodes of Amazon's "Jack Reacher" with the first season taken from Lee Child's first novel, Killing Floor. Reacher is a recent honorably discharged Military Police officer who finds himself being arrested for murder in small town Georgia. Childs wrote the character to have been in the Army 13 years and left as a Major (O-4) which I guess is about right. I never paid attention to how many years officers were in by the rank on their collar. I knew Colonels and Generals had been in for some time so I guess a Major at 13 years is about right. 

Anyway, I have to say I like it. More than I thought I would actually. I wasn't sure about the actor who plays Reacher because Tom Cruise in all his short stature still pulled off the attitude of Jack Reacher, and no one is Tom Cruise. Alan Ritchson does the part well both in demeanor and especially in physical size. Reacher is described as a very large dude and the hiring of Cruise pissed off a lot of fans who couldn't overlook it. Ritchson looks the part and acts the part and so far all is good in the series. Some of the dialogue is quirky but I like it. I take it like I would any British novelist who writes American characters. Brits have a different way of saying things that make me scratch by head sometimes but in a good way. 

I like the tagline. Lol.

Jack Reacher was arrested for murder and now the police need his help.

Jack Reacher was arrested for murder and now the police need his help

(02-10-2022, 01:57 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: We watched the first couple of episodes of Amazon's "Jack Reacher" with the first season taken from Lee Child's first novel, Killing Floor. Reacher is a recent honorably discharged Military Police officer who finds himself being arrested for murder in small town Georgia. Childs wrote the character to have been in the Army 13 years and left as a Major (O-4) which I guess is about right. I never paid attention to how many years officers were in by the rank on their collar. I knew Colonels and Generals had been in for some time so I guess a Major at 13 years is about right. 

Anyway, I have to say I like it. More than I thought I would actually. I wasn't sure about the actor who plays Reacher because Tom Cruise in all his short stature still pulled off the attitude of Jack Reacher, and no one is Tom Cruise. Alan Ritchson does the part well both in demeanor and especially in physical size. Reacher is described as a very large dude and the hiring of Cruise pissed off a lot of fans who couldn't overlook it. Ritchson looks the part and acts the part and so far all is good in the series. Some of the dialogue is quirky but I like it. I take it like I would any British novelist who writes American characters. Brits have a different way of saying things that make me scratch by head sometimes but in a good way. 

I like the tagline. Lol.

I'm watching Reacher, too.  By the way, the title of the movie was "Jack Reacher."  The title of the TV series is just "Reacher."  

It's a fun show to watch.  I've got 2 episodes to go.

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2022, 02:20 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

IMO, Ozark is the best show on any streaming platform. It has kept me on the edge of my seat throughout the entire show. I can't wait for the second half of the final season to come out.

(02-10-2022, 02:00 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-10-2022, 01:57 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: We watched the first couple of episodes of Amazon's "Jack Reacher" with the first season taken from Lee Child's first novel, Killing Floor. Reacher is a recent honorably discharged Military Police officer who finds himself being arrested for murder in small town Georgia. Childs wrote the character to have been in the Army 13 years and left as a Major (O-4) which I guess is about right. I never paid attention to how many years officers were in by the rank on their collar. I knew Colonels and Generals had been in for some time so I guess a Major at 13 years is about right. 

I like the tagline. Lol.

I'm watching Reacher, too.  By the way, the title of the movie was "Jack Reacher."  The title of the TV series is just "Reacher."  

It's a fun show to watch.  I've got 2 episodes to go.

You're correct. I knew I was getting it backwards. Lol. I'm waiting for hubby to be off this weekend to watch more episodes. His being on night shift (630p-630a) puts a damper on regular viewing and he's not into binge watching. Two episodes max for him.

Watching Euphoria with my wife. Didn't think I would get into it but some of the characters are interesting and funny. Dark drama series though for sure.

Want to get into Yellowstone for sure soon.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(02-10-2022, 02:19 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: IMO, Ozark is the best show on any streaming platform. It has kept me on the edge of my seat throughout the entire show. I can't wait for the second half of the final season to come out.
Watched season one of Ozark and digged it. Got sidetracked. Want to get back into it.

(02-14-2022, 09:39 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Watching Euphoria with my wife. Didn't think I would get into it but some of the characters are interesting and funny. Dark drama series though for sure.

Want to get into Yellowstone for sure soon.

Same here. It can be a tough watch at times, very dark and explicit in multiple ways but the characters are definitely what make it work. 

We also recently watched Archive 81 on Netflix. Suspected it was going to be cheesy but I like how it was done even though the ending felt like a bit of a cliff hanger. There are video segments within the show that remind me of the Dharma Initiative from Lost, lol and add to the atmosphere.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I just watched the first episode of Zelenskyy's sitcom "Servant of the People" on Netflix and it wasn't half bad. It has subtitles and sometimes they speak fast and you can miss a sentence here and there but you get the gist of what they're saying. 

I have to say, Zelenskyy has the timing and facial expressions for comedy. I never thought about a former Soviet country having sitcoms and didn't know what to expect from the man we see in news clips talking so strongly to the people of Ukraine and encouraging them to be strong while being stern to country leaders while telling them the people of Ukraine need their help. Turns out he can be funny. The rest of the cast did a good job too. 

The irony of it all is his character is an average guy (a high school history teacher who still lives with his parents) who gets elected to be president of Ukraine by a series of events that unfolds over the 45 minute debut. It's an election year and he's filmed going on a tirade about the corruption in politics that ends up on youtube and the rest you can find out in the episode. 

There are 23 episodes that average 25 minutes each so they'll be easy to watch.

So "Servant of the People" ended because Zelenskyy became president of Ukraine IRL.

And he looks so young in this series which came out in 2015 so it likely began filming in 2014.

I'm watching The Dropout which is the story of Elizabeth Holmes and Theranos. Hulu did it as a limited series and it's really interesting. That lady is certifiable and her boyfriend just as bad as she is. They screwed over a lot of people. So called smart people on the business side of it showed just how careless people can be when they think it will make them rich, or rather richer than they already are. I imagine the venture capitalists who turned her down were thanking their lucky stars.

Y'all that Theranos chick is a solid nutcase. Wow.