Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TV Shows

(08-22-2022, 06:10 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I watched a Netflix Original the last few nights.  Eight episodes.  It was called Archive 81.  Pretty creepy horror show.  Loved the entire thing except for the last five minutes.  Really let down by the ending.

I liked that one. The ending was supposed to be a set up for the next season but Netflix in their infinite wisdom, canceled it. :-(
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2022, 09:59 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

Anybody watching House of the Dragon? Not bad so far with three episodes in. Last night's episode was pretty good. I like the overall pacing so far. I know enough of the history of this story already. Which is good. It means the writers can't just freestyle and take too many creative liberties like they did with the Game of Thrones series.

However, Daemon, Rhaenyra & Visery's characters are being pretty well portrayed so far and it's much fun to see more CGI with the Dragon's so far. Last night's episode is a good way of masking CGI by fighting at night but also showing how Daemon uses him almost like a mounted horse to attack. Something we didn't see at all in the original series run.

At some point this year I fully expect to see some crazy "Reign of Fire" like fighting happening midflight between Daemon and possibly an aged up Aegon the II.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I figured I'd wait until the full season is out before I spool up HBOMAX for a month and just binge it.

We just finished watching Castle Rock.. What a great show. Love that whole Stephen King Universe idea. Lots of little Easter Eggs hidden in both seasons. Spotted eggs from Cujo, Salem's Lot, Shawshank Redemption (Obviously), and I think I picked up on an IT reference. That Bill Skarasgaard (sp?) guy is pretty awesome. The lady that played Annie Wilkes was absolutely amazing. She did such a great job!!

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(10-30-2022, 01:26 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: We just finished watching Castle Rock.. What a great show. Love that whole Stephen King Universe idea. Lots of little Easter Eggs hidden in both seasons. Spotted eggs from Cujo, Salem's Lot, Shawshank Redemption (Obviously), and I think I picked up on an IT reference. That Bill Skarasgaard (sp?) guy is pretty awesome. The lady that played Annie Wilkes was absolutely amazing. She did such a great job!!

Have you seen the second season as well? It's a "Misery" tour de force. Sadly, they canceled it after that. Sad

Edit: mevermind: missed that you mentioned Annie Wilkes already.

(10-31-2022, 05:13 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(10-30-2022, 01:26 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: We just finished watching Castle Rock.. What a great show. Love that whole Stephen King Universe idea. Lots of little Easter Eggs hidden in both seasons. Spotted eggs from Cujo, Salem's Lot, Shawshank Redemption (Obviously), and I think I picked up on an IT reference. That Bill Skarasgaard (sp?) guy is pretty awesome. The lady that played Annie Wilkes was absolutely amazing. She did such a great job!!

Have you seen the second season as well? It's a "Misery" tour de force. Sadly, they canceled it after that. Sad

Yeah I wish he did more seasons..

Watching another good one now called Cabinet of Curiosities.. Every episode is a short story in itself, pretty damn good. Check that one out. Creepy lol

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2022, 06:27 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

Welcome to Wrexham is a very good series.  It's a documentary about how Hollywood stars Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney buy a Welsh soccer team that has a long history but is languishing in one of the lower divisions of British soccer.  It focuses on the community and their connection to their team, and the efforts to build a winner that can get promoted to a higher division where they can make more money, etc.

(10-31-2022, 06:23 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(10-31-2022, 05:13 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Have you seen the second season as well? It's a "Misery" tour de force. Sadly, they canceled it after that. Sad

Yeah I wish he did more seasons..

Watching another good one now called Cabinet of Curiosities.. Every episode is a short story in itself, pretty damn good. Check that one out. Creepy lol

I've seen trailers for that one, looks interesting. I'll add it to my queue.

I upgraded my Verizon plan and got free Disney+ and Hulu. So I'm binge-watching the last 3 seasons of Justified. Good show.

Watching the latest season of Barry now, good googly moogly that show is so funny/warped in equal measures. Also saw the last season of Sinner which is one of the shows that made me realize Bill Pullman could actually act after all. My only criticism is the way they felt like they had to do a story recap in the last part of the final episode. We got it, ok? Lol.

(11-10-2022, 06:33 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Watching the latest season of Barry now, good googly moogly that show is so funny/warped in equal measures. Also saw the last season of Sinner which is one of the shows that made me realize Bill Pullman could actually act after all. My only criticism is the way they felt like they had to do a story recap in the last part of the final episode. We got it, ok?  Lol.

I watched the first few episodes of Barry on a flight back from Korea and loved it. I vowed I would continue watching it but never have. Who is streaming it?

(11-10-2022, 06:40 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-10-2022, 06:33 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Watching the latest season of Barry now, good googly moogly that show is so funny/warped in equal measures. Also saw the last season of Sinner which is one of the shows that made me realize Bill Pullman could actually act after all. My only criticism is the way they felt like they had to do a story recap in the last part of the final episode. We got it, ok?  Lol.

I watched the first few episodes of Barry on a flight back from Korea and loved it. I vowed I would continue watching it but never have. Who is streaming it?

HBO Max. Great show, I had never really seen Bill Hader in a roll that wasn’t 100% comedy so it was pretty interesting. Also No-Ho Hank is my favorite supporting cast character of all time.

(11-10-2022, 06:40 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

HBO Max and it gets darker with every season but never loses the absurdity which makes it so great!

(11-10-2022, 05:45 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I upgraded my Verizon plan and got free Disney+ and Hulu.  So I'm binge-watching the last 3 seasons of Justified.  Good show.

We loved that show. Timothy Olyphant is underrated as an actor and tends to get type cast as a law enforcement officer. He played a completely different character in the movie A Perfect Getaway and nailed it. 

I also enjoyed him in The Crazies and Hitman. 

Just watched the first episode of Tulsa King..

Gonna be a good one!!

(11-21-2022, 09:33 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Just watched the first episode of Tulsa King..

Gonna be a good one!!

I watched it last night, I enjoyed it immensely. It’s from the same guy that does Yellowstone. He’s a busy dude.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(11-21-2022, 10:12 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-21-2022, 09:33 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Just watched the first episode of Tulsa King..

Gonna be a good one!!

I watched it last night, I enjoyed it immensely. It’s from the same guy that does Yellowstone. He’s a busy dude.

It's got that whole Sopranos meets Yellowstone feel to it. Pretty awesome!

(11-21-2022, 10:34 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(11-21-2022, 10:12 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I watched it last night, I enjoyed it immensely. It’s from the same guy that does Yellowstone. He’s a busy dude.

It's got that whole Sopranos meets Yellowstone feel to it. Pretty awesome!

Yellowstone is basically the Montana mafia, so it fits! Lol
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

The Watchers on Netflix is awesome.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2022, 09:35 AM by Caldrac.)

Watching The White Lotus on HBO. Pretty odd and funny overall. Season one was hilarious. Season two is taking a little bit of time to grow on me but I like the actors in it so far.

(08-23-2022, 11:52 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(08-22-2022, 06:10 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I watched a Netflix Original the last few nights.  Eight episodes.  It was called Archive 81.  Pretty creepy horror show.  Loved the entire thing except for the last five minutes.  Really let down by the ending.

I liked that one. The ending was supposed to be a set up for the next season but Netflix in their infinite wisdom, canceled it. :-(

Yeah. Same. We watched this a little bit earlier on this year. Really got into it. The twist was "meh" with the season finale but it's a bummer the show was cancelled.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."