Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TV Shows

If you like the serial killer vs detective genre - there is a good Danish one called Chestnut Man

Better in Danish audio with English subtitles. The Voiceover version ruins it for me.
(Netflix)

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Finally started watching Boardwalk Empire.. Getting ready to start episode 3, already hooked..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(11-22-2022, 08:27 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Finally started watching Boardwalk Empire.. Getting ready to start episode 3, already hooked..

Awesome series.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(11-22-2022, 09:41 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(11-22-2022, 08:27 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Finally started watching Boardwalk Empire.. Getting ready to start episode 3, already hooked..

Awesome series.

Yes! It is!!

Middle of season 2 right now.. 

I gotta point out 2 things though..

Nukky's girl, that Irish chick, is smokin hot..

And Dabney Coleman got OLD as hell lol

Didn't even know he was still alive and kickin..

(11-29-2022, 09:23 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(11-22-2022, 09:41 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Awesome series.

Yes! It is!!

There’s definitely some shockers in that series.  I’ll leave it at that.  Yoooooouuuu’ll see.   Smile

Maybe my favorite series ever although I'm really liking Pinky Blinders now that I've gotten around to the second season.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I'm sittin here watching old Tom & Jerry cartoons on HBOMax..

It's pretty cool that my sense of humor stayed the same since I was a kid.

Forever #1..

(11-29-2022, 09:55 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 09:23 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Yes! It is!!

There’s definitely some shockers in that series.  I’ll leave it at that.  Yoooooouuuu’ll see.   Smile

Great to see Louis Gossett Jr.. Always liked him.

Started 1899 on Netflix. It's by the series creator of Dark. It's pretty weird but I'm hoping it's not going to be as obvious as it seems like it might be.

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2022, 08:06 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-29-2022, 09:55 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 09:23 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Yes! It is!!

(12-03-2022, 06:03 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:

Maybe my favorite series ever although I'm really liking Pinky Blinders now that I've gotten around to the second season.

That Boardwalk Empire was awesome. We finished it up last night. Loved how they kinda forked away from Nucky and kinda did a side story with Al Capone..

Loved it!! Great Recommendation

Edit: Just wanted to point out the high percentage of cheek bone shots in that series haha

(12-07-2022, 12:01 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Started 1899 on Netflix. It's by the series creator of Dark. It's pretty weird but I'm hoping it's not going to be as obvious as it seems like it might be.

I started but I just couldn’t keep watching.  Everything was so physically dark.  I just couldn’t get past it.

Just binge watched all 10 episodes of The Pacific..

2 things..

I forgot how awesome this series was.
Tom Hanks did an amazing job on it.
The kid from Jurassic Park is one of the leads.

Absolutely loved the short interviews with the real soldiers..

If you haven’t seen it, watch it!!

If you have, you know why I'm pushing for them to see it..

(01-12-2023, 10:37 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Just binge watched all 10 episodes of The Pacific..

2 things..

Both that and Band Of Brothers are two of my favorite HBO series'. I've read biographies of several and their real life experiences are even more incredible than they're portrayed.

(01-13-2023, 09:40 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(01-12-2023, 10:37 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Just binge watched all 10 episodes of The Pacific..

2 things..

Both that and Band Of Brothers are two of my favorite HBO series'. I've read biographies of several and their real life experiences are even more incredible than they're portrayed.

Already started rewatching Band of Brothers. Just as awesome!!

(01-13-2023, 10:45 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(01-13-2023, 09:40 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: Both that and Band Of Brothers are two of my favorite HBO series'. I've read biographies of several and their real life experiences are even more incredible than they're portrayed.

Already started rewatching Band of Brothers. Just as awesome!!

Generation Kill is also really good.

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2023, 07:13 PM by Butters.)

Anyone else seen The Sandman on Netflix? Its fantastic! As someone who enjoyed the comic books by Neil Gaiman, I was a bit anxious to see how they would adapt it, but they did a great job.

(01-13-2023, 04:53 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(01-13-2023, 10:45 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Already started rewatching Band of Brothers. Just as awesome!!

I second this; it was awesome.
#Jags4Life

Tar Heel Jags Fan

(01-13-2023, 04:53 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(01-13-2023, 10:45 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Already started rewatching Band of Brothers. Just as awesome!!

Never heard of it, but I'm definitely gonna check that one out once I finish BoB. 

Love series like those!

(01-13-2023, 07:33 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(01-13-2023, 04:53 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Generation Kill is also really good.

Never heard of it, but I'm definitely gonna check that one out once I finish BoB. 

Love series like those!

A series much like BoB and The Pacific but focused on one of the first Marine units that pushed into Iraq. A reporter/journalist with Rolling Stone magazine was embedded with them and ended up writing the book the series was made into. The book was really good and the series didn't disappoint. It was so perfectly cast IMO. Just really well done.

The Last of Us premiers tonight at 9pm on HBO..

Pretty stoked about it!

(01-15-2023, 04:37 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: The Last of Us premiers tonight at 9pm on HBO..

Pretty stoked about it!

Yes I need a new zombie fix with twd gone.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]