Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TV Shows

We just finished season 1 of Severance on AppleTV. Weird as hell but pretty thought provoking.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-15-2023, 06:55 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(01-15-2023, 04:37 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: The Last of Us premiers tonight at 9pm on HBO..

Pretty stoked about it!

Yes I need a new zombie fix with twd gone.

The first episode was pretty damn awesome!

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(01-15-2023, 07:30 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: We just finished season 1 of Severance on AppleTV. Weird as hell but pretty thought provoking.

Cool show.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2023, 08:07 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

I started binge-watching Boston Legal.  I got all the way through the first season, which was pretty good.  It ended with one of the younger lawyers filing a formal sexual harassment charge against one of the senior partners, among other ongoing plot points.  Then the second season started, that character was gone along with some other characters, no explanation, and it's like the end of the first season never happened.  And the plot for the first show of the second season is idiotic. 

This is what I don't like about series created by the major broadcast networks- CBS, ABC, NBC- they go through a committee and come out with the most dumbed down stuff possible.  It's like a tasteless stew, designed to offend no one and attract the widest audience possible.  A TV show created by a TV show factory.  On a quality scale of 1-10, every show is designed to be a 5.  No more, no less.

Because of the profound dearth of new ideas for shows on network TV, I see NBC has decided to piss all over the legacy of Night Court, one of the funniest and original shows to ever play on TV. I have zero doubt in my mind they’ll completely ruin it.

Started watching that 1928 with Harrison Ford.. It's the prequel to Yellowstone.. Pretty damn good!

One thing though..

So tired of these shows being on Sunday Nights.. Yellowstone, 1883, 1928, Tulsa King..

Jeez guys, space em the hell out!

(01-19-2023, 12:34 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Started watching that 1928 with Harrison Ford.. It's the prequel to Yellowstone.. Pretty damn good!

One thing though..

So tired of these shows being on Sunday Nights.. Yellowstone, 1883, 1928, Tulsa King..

Record them.   Smile
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2023, 01:32 PM by WingerDinger.)

(01-19-2023, 12:57 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(01-19-2023, 12:34 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Started watching that 1928 with Harrison Ford.. It's the prequel to Yellowstone.. Pretty damn good!

One thing though..

Record them.   Smile

Ok.. I'm not gonna lie or even pretend..

I don't know how to record something lol

I've tried googling, I'm just no good at technology..

I mean, I know how to record something (i think), but playback is my problem.

We started watching Servant, another Apple TV show, by M Night Shamalan and yes it's as weird and quirky as you might expect.

(01-24-2023, 11:37 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: We started watching Servant, another Apple TV show, by M Night Shamalan and yes it's as weird and quirky as you might expect.

I love the movie Signs. A lot of people didn’t get it because they watched it expecting something else. 

It reminded me a little of Stephen King’s works.

(01-24-2023, 12:08 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-24-2023, 11:37 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: We started watching Servant, another Apple TV show, by M Night Shamalan and yes it's as weird and quirky as you might expect.

I love the movie Signs. A lot of people didn’t get it because they watched it expecting something else. 

Signs rocked.. A lot of his movies are pretty good.

Old wasn't too bad and Lady in the Water was pretty good too..

I see dead people  Ninja

(01-24-2023, 12:08 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

I liked that one. Had the feel of an old Twilight Zone episode.

Rewatching The Sopranos..

This is like my 3rd time through. Still picking up bits and pieces I missed the previous 2 times haha

(01-19-2023, 08:04 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I started binge-watching Boston Legal.  I got all the way through the first season, which was pretty good.  It ended with one of the younger lawyers filing a formal sexual harassment charge against one of the senior partners, among other ongoing plot points.  Then the second season started, that character was gone along with some other characters, no explanation, and it's like the end of the first season never happened.  And the plot for the first show of the second season is idiotic. 

This is what I don't like about series created by the major broadcast networks- CBS, ABC, NBC- they go through a committee and come out with the most dumbed down stuff possible.  It's like a tasteless stew, designed to offend no one and attract the widest audience possible.  A TV show created by a TV show factory.  On a quality scale of 1-10, every show is designed to be a 5.  No more, no less.

This is why I love TV series' from Norway and Sweden. They don't have the budget to waste money on crap so they actually make some good television shows. We seem to have money to burn on absolute trash in this country. It's tragic. 

One of my favorite foreign series, Nobel, was a one season show from Norway. It was fantastic. I watched it twice in two years. Sadly it's not on Netflix anymore. Occupied is another one I enjoyed and it's currently still on Netflix. Amazon has an Icelandic series called Trapped. The first season was excellent, the second was decent. 

If we could have more shows/series with the quality of Chernobyl, Generation Kill and Band of Brothers - all from HBO - I would probably watch them. Of course, these are all from actual events in history and are "one season wonders" instead of a series, but imagine the quality of television if this was the standard to which all aspired.

(01-31-2023, 10:51 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Rewatching The Sopranos..

This is like my 3rd time through. Still picking up bits and pieces I missed the previous 2 times haha

Ending will still suck...
#Jags4Life

Tar Heel Jags Fan

(02-03-2023, 11:08 AM)Butters Wrote:
(01-31-2023, 10:51 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Rewatching The Sopranos..

Ending will still suck...

I'm 100% sure that this is accurate..

(01-19-2023, 08:37 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Because of the profound dearth of new ideas for shows on network TV, I see NBC has decided to piss all over the legacy of Night Court, one of the funniest and original shows to ever play on TV. I have zero doubt in my mind they’ll completely ruin it.
It was terrible but somehow it was renewed for season 2.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

(02-10-2023, 12:30 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(01-19-2023, 08:37 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Because of the profound dearth of new ideas for shows on network TV, I see NBC has decided to piss all over the legacy of  Night Court, one of the funniest and original shows to ever play on TV. I have zero doubt in my mind they’ll completely ruin it.
It was terrible but somehow it was renewed for season 2.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

More than likely will ruin it, yes.

NBC hasn't had a quality program since Frasier tbh.
#Jags4Life

Tar Heel Jags Fan

Currently watching an Icelandic show called Katla on Netflix. Pretty good stuff. Drama, mystery, a dab of Icelandic folklore, etc., set in the village of Vik. People who went missing at different times are suddenly showing up covered in ash that's still around thanks to an eruption from the volcano Katla a year prior. They don't remember anything that happened and don't even realize they've been gone which is especially weird for the lady who has been gone for 20 years. 

Also watching a Finnish show on Prime called Arctic Circle. It's a weird one too. A Russian prostitute (thanks to human trafficking) is found nearly dead in a house in Finland and tests positive for a strange virus that piggybacks on the herpes virus. Local law enforcement, a Russian border agent and a German scientist from the European counterpart of the CDC are trying to figure out what the heck is going on. There are side stories that don't detract much from the main story. This one is lighter on the subtitles too since there are Germans, Finns and Russians all speaking English when talking to each other.

(02-10-2023, 07:27 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Currently watching an Icelandic show called Katla on Netflix. Pretty good stuff. Drama, mystery, a dab of Icelandic folklore, etc., set in the village of Vik. People who went missing at different times are suddenly showing up covered in ash that's still around thanks to an eruption from the volcano Katla a year prior. They don't remember anything that happened and don't even realize they've been gone which is especially weird for the lady who has been gone for 20 years. 

Also watching a Finnish show on Prime called Arctic Circle. It's a weird one too. A Russian prostitute (thanks to human trafficking) is found nearly dead in a house in Finland and tests positive for a strange virus that piggybacks on the herpes virus. Local law enforcement, a Russian border agent and a German scientist from the European counterpart of the CDC are trying to figure out what the heck is going on. There are side stories that don't detract much from the main story. This one is lighter on the subtitles too since there are Germans, Finns and Russians all speaking English when talking to each other.

Sounds like a smaller scale Manifest. That one started out good but went off the rails pretty quick.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato