Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TV Shows

(02-28-2024, 10:51 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I watched the first two episodes of Shogun (2024) last night.  It is playing on Hulu and FX.  It's very good.  But a lot of people might be put off by having to read subtitles when they are speaking Japanese.
Funny enough, I watched 2 last night as well.

Very good. Kinda Game of Thrones vibes with the battling for house superiority.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2024, 01:10 PM by The Real Marty.)

(02-28-2024, 11:05 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-28-2024, 10:51 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I watched the first two episodes of Shogun (2024) last night.  It is playing on Hulu and FX.  It's very good.  But a lot of people might be put off by having to read subtitles when they are speaking Japanese.
Funny enough, I watched 2 last night as well.

Very good. Kinda Game of Thrones vibes with the battling for house superiority.

I read the book quite a few years ago, and for me, it was the best novel I've ever read.  Even though it's about 1,000 pages long, it only took one page, and I couldn't put it down until it was finished.  

"The gale tore at him and he felt its bite deep within and he knew it they did not make landfall in three days they would all be dead."  <That's the first sentence.

(02-28-2024, 10:51 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I watched the first two episodes of Shogun (2024) last night. It is playing on Hulu and FX. It's very good. But a lot of people might be put off by having to read subtitles when they are speaking Japanese.
Watch on Hulu with audio descriptions turned on

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

We're rewatching Breaking Bad.. I love catching up on some of these older shows in 4k.

Tons more detail..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

We started watching Resident Alien on a whim, it's actually pretty entertaining. Not what I was expected but it's very vaguely like Third Rock From The Sun crossed with Dexter.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(03-12-2024, 11:27 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: We started watching Resident Alien on a whim, it's actually pretty entertaining. Not what I was expected but it's very vaguely like Third Rock From The Sun crossed with Dexter.

We're watching this too. Alan Tudyk is such an underrated actor. I loved him in A Knight's Tale and the short-lived series Firefly. 

Definitely not what we expected either but it's easy to watch and entertaining. Corey Reynolds who plays Sheriff Thompson is hilarious. "Just call me Big Black." The first time he said that I about choked on my chips and salsa. Whoever cast him for that part is a genius. They knew he could do it justice.

(03-12-2024, 01:56 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(03-12-2024, 11:27 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: We started watching Resident Alien on a whim, it's actually pretty entertaining. Not what I was expected but it's very vaguely like Third Rock From The Sun crossed with Dexter.

We're watching this too. Alan Tudyk is such an underrated actor. I loved him in A Knight's Tale and the short-lived series Firefly. 

Definitely not what we expected either but it's easy to watch and entertaining. Corey Reynolds who plays Sheriff Thompson is hilarious. "Just call me Big Black." The first time he said that I about choked on my chips and salsa. Whoever cast him for that part is a genius. They knew he could do it justice.

Heh, no doubt. It’s one of those shows that was totally made by the casting. The kids that are 
Harry’s occasional foil are great too. So happy a season 3 is coming out.

The last two nights I've watched 4 or 5 episodes of The Outsider on Max. It came out in 2020, stars Ben Mendelsohn and Mare Winningham, and is from a book written by Stephen King which means it has a supernatural or creepy kick to it. Of course! I'm liking it so far. The pacing is slow and dramatic and kind of drives you nuts but you also realize it makes the scenes richer.

I'd be bingeing it tonight but my head is killing me so I took a Tylenol PM and am headed to bed.

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2024, 11:04 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-12-2024, 10:49 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: The last two nights I've watched 4 or 5 episodes of The Outsider on Max. It came out in 2020, stars Ben Mendelsohn and Mare Winningham, and is from a book written by Stephen King which means it has a supernatural or creepy kick to it. Of course! I'm liking it so far. The pacing is slow and dramatic and kind of drives you nuts but you also realize it makes the scenes richer.

I'd be bingeing it tonight but my head is killing me so I took a Tylenol PM and am headed to bed.

Very underrated series..

Should have made more seasons.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(03-12-2024, 11:03 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(03-12-2024, 10:49 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: The last two nights I've watched 4 or 5 episodes of The Outsider on Max. It came out in 2020, stars Ben Mendelsohn and Mare Winningham, and is from a book written by Stephen King which means it has a supernatural or creepy kick to it. Of course! I'm liking it so far. The pacing is slow and dramatic and kind of drives you nuts but you also realize it makes the scenes richer.

Very underrated series..

Should have made more seasons.

I'd never heard of it. I was looking for something different to watch and saw it had Ben Mendelsohn and that was all I needed to know to at least check it out. Jason Bateman also good in it. I love the female P.I. character. She's weird but in a good way and the actress is killing it.

Been watching a series of shows on Max.  The 60’s, the 70’s, etc.  Very well done.  Although that figures since Tom Hanks was involved in the production(s).  Guess I’m enjoying them even more since I’ve lived through most of them.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-12-2024, 06:07 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(03-12-2024, 01:56 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: We're watching this too. Alan Tudyk is such an underrated actor. I loved him in A Knight's Tale and the short-lived series Firefly. 

Heh, no doubt. It’s one of those shows that was totally made by the casting. The kids that are 
The first episode when he referenced the law and order intro when talking about the dead doctor made me literally spit some water out of my nose. I cannot see Alan Tudyk in any other role as anything other than an awkward alien. Great casting for sure

(03-12-2024, 06:07 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(03-12-2024, 01:56 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: We're watching this too. Alan Tudyk is such an underrated actor. I loved him in A Knight's Tale and the short-lived series Firefly. 

There is a big, fluffy black cat that shows up on our porch every night for vittles. My husband has decided its name is Big Black. Lol.

Watched the Fallout series on Amazon Prime. Just finished the season finale yesterday. Really dig the show. Stays true to the elements to a tee with the videogame series. Does a good job of bouncing and balancing between the main three characters and it did a good job filling in the blanks, speeding up the back history and lore of each main player.

Looking forward to season two for sure. If you're into the videogame you should like this show for sure. If you're into syfy in general you'll probably like this show. Has a little bit of every element you could think of in my opinion. Serious tones. Humor. A little campy. But, all in all, I think they nailed the first season for me personally.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-15-2024, 08:16 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Watched the Fallout series on Amazon Prime. Just finished the season finale yesterday. Really dig the show. Stays true to the elements to a tee with the videogame series. Does a good job of bouncing and balancing between the main three characters and it did a good job filling in the blanks, speeding up the back history and lore of each main player.

Looking forward to season two for sure. If you're into the videogame you should like this show for sure. If you're into syfy in general you'll probably like this show. Has a little bit of every element you could think of in my opinion. Serious tones. Humor. A little campy. But, all in all, I think they nailed the first season for me personally.

We started watching it, on episode 3. I had played Fallout back in the day so was interested. It seems a bit different than I remember (I was looking forward to how the cryogenic tanks looked darnit) although it does capture a lot of the general style/attitude of the game including the campy humor. Overall I'm enjoying it so far.

(03-31-2024, 07:32 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(03-12-2024, 06:07 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Heh, no doubt. It’s one of those shows that was totally made by the casting. The kids that are 

There is a big, fluffy black cat that shows up on our porch every night for vittles. My husband has decided its name is Big Black. Lol.

I laughed when the officer from another county said, "You can call me Medium Brown". ;-)

(This post was last modified: 04-15-2024, 01:46 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-15-2024, 10:16 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(04-15-2024, 08:16 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Watched the Fallout series on Amazon Prime. Just finished the season finale yesterday. Really dig the show. Stays true to the elements to a tee with the videogame series. Does a good job of bouncing and balancing between the main three characters and it did a good job filling in the blanks, speeding up the back history and lore of each main player.

We started watching it, on episode 3. I had played Fallout back in the day so was interested. It seems a bit different than I remember (I was looking forward to how the cryogenic tanks looked darnit) although it does capture a lot of the general style/attitude of the game including the campy humor. Overall I'm enjoying it so far.

(03-31-2024, 07:32 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: There is a big, fluffy black cat that shows up on our porch every night for vittles. My husband has decided its name is Big Black. Lol.

I laughed when the officer from another county said, "You can call me Medium Brown". ;-)

It gets better. Everything starts to unfold and it really picks up the pace towards Ep. 7 and the finale. Between The Ghoul, Maximus and Lucy, they have done a good job capturing the essence of what the game feels like to me. The Brotherhood of Steel, the aspects of being a Ghoul and how some of them can predate the actual fallout and Wars, and then Lucy, as a vault dweller. They got all of it right in my opinion. 

I never played the OG games before the company buyout but I played Fallout 3 and Fallout 4. This is geared more towards out west in California it looks like. I hope they can keep this series going for years to come. There's a ton of different locations, states and cities they can do this over and over with if they want to. Makes me want to dust off Fallout 4 now and play it on my PS5.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I was worried they wouldn't stay true to the universe. They knocked it out of the park both in how it looks and feels. How the 50s never ended til the bombs fell. The vaults look perfect, from the override buttons to the fusion cores.. then the BoS Power Armor. 

Unless you played the game though you have no idea who or what the enclave is. I assume they will go into more detail next season.. basically the enclave are the descendants of the 'Deep State' the people who actually ran the country before the bombs fell. I hope they show the X series of power armor.

It was a great show in its own right as well.

(04-15-2024, 02:16 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote:

I was worried they wouldn't stay true to the universe. They knocked it out of the park both in how it looks and feels. How the 50s never ended til the bombs fell. The vaults look perfect, from the override buttons to the fusion cores.. then the BoS Power Armor. 

Unless you played the game though you have no idea who or what the enclave is. I assume they will go into more detail next season.. basically the enclave are the descendants of the 'Deep State' the people who actually ran the country before the bombs fell. I hope they show the X series of power armor.

Agreed. I like how the finale ended. Going to be a long wait I guess for season two. Looking forward to seeing an actual Deathclaw or Mirelurk Queen at some point in the series. Same for Super Mutants.

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2024, 01:33 PM by snarkyguy_he_him_his. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-16-2024, 08:18 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-15-2024, 02:16 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote: I was worried they wouldn't stay true to the universe. They knocked it out of the park both in how it looks and feels. How the 50s never ended til the bombs fell. The vaults look perfect, from the override buttons to the fusion cores.. then the BoS Power Armor. 

Agreed. I like how the finale ended. Going to be a long wait I guess for season two. Looking forward to seeing an actual Deathclaw or Mirelurk Queen at some point in the series. Same for Super Mutants.

Perfect way to end it.. especially the Deathclaw skull.

And that board meeting where Robert House is introduced, chefs kiss perfection especially considering the city that Hank is looking at in the end.

Also looking forward to Super Mutants.. they have 122 vaults to make up any number of cool stories too.

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2024, 03:34 PM by The Drifter. Edited 3 times in total.)

The Duke Family didn't have any next door neighbors, Here's Why:

1. Target practice with dynamite arrows
2. Roaring car engines
3. Blaring Dixie horns
4. Blaring police sirens
5. Roaming bad-tempered goats
6. Ongoing shenanigans
7. Bad guys showing up
8. Sketchy stuff hidden in the barn
9. CB radios squawking constantly
10. Regular visits by Boss Hogg
11. Frequent stakeouts by sheriff's dept
12. Farm continually in or near foreclosure
13. Loose chickens
14. Flying gravel
15. Cranky ol' man with a shotgun
16. Outhouse gets ripe in the summer
17. Wild boars
18. Constant yells of "Yee-Haa!"

[Image: 435885009-404436299011726-2721580568955303607-n.jpg]
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!