Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TV Shows

I'm on episode four of the Rams season of All or Nothing. It's not as compelling as season one but that may he because it's the Rams and I don't recognize a single player on the team. At least with the Cardinals I recognized and like some of the players so I felt more of a connection. The Rams have Jeff Fisher and I just don't care about him.

Their defensive tackle #99 Aaron Donald is a beast though- so far Oh, I do remember hearing about their QB pick, Goff. I heard his name a few times last season, and also Todd Gurley. I don't know enough about them for me to feel any investment in the team, but we're deep into the offseason and it's football so I'll take it

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 07-08-2017, 10:09 PM by americus 2.0.)

I think it's time to watch Stranger Things again.

we're watching the killing on netflix right now, great show don't know how I missed it before
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(07-09-2017, 07:35 PM)EricC85 Wrote: we're watching the killing on netflix right now, great show don't know how I missed it before

That is a great show. i loved the way they set up one murder case to take up two seasons rather than the typical shows like csi and criminal minds that solve a case every episode with and lack a story line.

The Punisher was highly disappointing.

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2017, 04:20 PM by americus 2.0.)

(11-18-2017, 05:39 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: The Punisher was highly disappointing.

I've only watched two episodes and I'm liking it so far.

Edited to add: Good grief. To see some reviews on IMDB you realize people don't want a story anymore, they just want to be entertained. Several complained about the lack of action and focusing too much on Frank Castle the man and how he got to be who he is now. Um, if you want a show to be on for more than a season you have to set up the character(s) and background and so on. If all you want is action go watch a movie. 

Something brought up that I didn't think about at first but noticed while watching the first two episodes was they're trying too hard with the Madani character. Why can't women just be women? Why do we always have to be portrayed as a bunch of feminazis? It's like the character of Sameen Shaw on Person of Interest. They made her to be a female version of John Reese and it didn't translate well. Sarah Shahi played it well but the character was unnecessarily.....unnecessary. The character of Joss Carter was tough but wasn't the poster child for feminism.

Someone also complained about white-hate on Punisher which I didn't catch. I mean, a white dude was killed but so were a lot of people in just the first two episodes. 

Of. The. Punisher. 

That's kind of the point. I wasn't keeping track of the ethnicity of the dead folks. Dead is dead. Maybe I'm missing something. Wouldn't be the first time.

(11-18-2017, 03:36 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(11-18-2017, 05:39 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: The Punisher was highly disappointing.

I've only watched two episodes and I'm liking it so far.

Edited to add: Good grief. To see some reviews on IMDB you realize people don't want a story anymore, they just want to be entertained. Several complained about the lack of action and focusing too much on Frank Castle the man and how he got to be who he is now. Um, if you want a show to be on for more than a season you have to set up the character(s) and background and so on. If all you want is action go watch a movie. 

Something brought up that I didn't think about at first but noticed while watching the first two episodes was they're trying too hard with the Madani character. Why can't women just be women? Why do we always have to be portrayed as a bunch of feminazis? It's like the character of Sameen Shaw on Person of Interest. They made her to be a female version of John Reese and it didn't translate well. Sarah Shahi played it well but the character was unnecessarily.....unnecessary. The character of Joss Carter was tough but wasn't the poster child for feminism.

Someone also complained about white-hate on Punisher which I didn't catch. I mean, a white dude was killed but so were a lot of people in just the first two episodes. 

Of. The. Punisher. 

That's kind of the point. I wasn't keeping track of the ethnicity of the dead folks. Dead is dead. Maybe I'm missing something. Wouldn't be the first time.

Marvel is in a tough place with these Netflix shows. They gave over the print comics to the hard left and readership and revenue both tanked. They gave over the movies to middle Amerca and made record profits. Now this paygo medium has to retain viewers long term or the whole venture crashes, but they also want to push their lefty comic story lines more, so they're caught between ideology and economics.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-19-2017, 09:16 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-18-2017, 03:36 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I've only watched two episodes and I'm liking it so far.

Of. The. Punisher. 

Marvel is in a tough place with these Netflix shows. They gave over the print comics to the hard left and readership and revenue both tanked. They gave over the movies to middle Amerca and made record profits. Now this paygo medium has to retain viewers long term or the whole venture crashes, but they also want to push their lefty comic story lines more, so they're caught between ideology and economics.

I expect some bias here and there. It's par for the course. And I haven't had any problems with any of the shows so far, if there was blatant sexism, racism, etc., I missed it because I don't watch movies/television looking for it. I don't see the world like that unless it's there to see in bright neon lights. The character I mentioned is definitely a bright neon light character. It's so obvious it's cringe worthy. It made me instantly dislike her. 

A strong female character doesn't have to be portrayed as a hardcore [BLEEP] feminazi but that's how Hollywood is trying to make it out to be. It's as bad as Disney's portrayal of all the fairytale princesses in need of a man to be happy.

(11-19-2017, 07:01 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(11-19-2017, 09:16 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Marvel is in a tough place with these Netflix shows. They gave over the print comics to the hard left and readership and revenue both tanked. They gave over the movies to middle Amerca and made record profits. Now this paygo medium has to retain viewers long term or the whole venture crashes, but they also want to push their lefty comic story lines more, so they're caught between ideology and economics.

I expect some bias here and there. It's par for the course. And I haven't had any problems with any of the shows so far, if there was blatant sexism, racism, etc., I missed it because I don't watch movies/television looking for it. I don't see the world like that unless it's there to see in bright neon lights. The character I mentioned is definitely a bright neon light character. It's so obvious it's cringe worthy. It made me instantly dislike her. 

A strong female character doesn't have to be portrayed as a hardcore [BLEEP] feminazi but that's how Hollywood is trying to make it out to be. It's as bad as Disney's portrayal of all the fairytale princesses in need of a man to be happy.

Really though, Disney Princesses haven't been in need of a man since Belle back in 1989. Since then Pocahontas, Mulan, Tiana, Rapunzel, Merida, Elsa, Elana and, most recently, Moana have all been strong leads with romance as only a minor story line if at all. What Marvel did to the comics, Tony Stark replaced as Iron Man by a black, teenage girl for instance, is to "reimagine" many of the classic heroes into something more politically correct, and now it's costing the leadership of the company their jobs.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-19-2017, 08:07 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-19-2017, 07:01 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I expect some bias here and there. It's par for the course. And I haven't had any problems with any of the shows so far, if there was blatant sexism, racism, etc., I missed it because I don't watch movies/television looking for it. I don't see the world like that unless it's there to see in bright neon lights. The character I mentioned is definitely a bright neon light character. It's so obvious it's cringe worthy. It made me instantly dislike her. 

Really though, Disney Princesses haven't been in need of a man since Belle back in 1989. Since then Pocahontas, Mulan, Tiana, Rapunzel, Merida, Elsa, Elana and, most recently, Moana have all been strong leads with romance as only a minor story line if at all. What Marvel did to the comics, Tony Stark replaced as Iron Man by a black, teenage girl for instance, is to "reimagine" many of the classic heroes into something more politically correct, and now it's costing the leadership of the company their jobs.

89 would have been Ariel, not Belle.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(11-19-2017, 08:07 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-19-2017, 07:01 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I expect some bias here and there. It's par for the course. And I haven't had any problems with any of the shows so far, if there was blatant sexism, racism, etc., I missed it because I don't watch movies/television looking for it. I don't see the world like that unless it's there to see in bright neon lights. The character I mentioned is definitely a bright neon light character. It's so obvious it's cringe worthy. It made me instantly dislike her. 

I haven't followed Disney since I was a kid so these new ones I know nothing about other than when I see that a movie is coming out and all my friends with kids go nuts over it all.

And seriously with the Tony Stark thing?! Holy crap that was dumb. They're classics and have been popular for so long for a reason. If you want a bad [BLEEP] character who fits the PC profile then write your own dang comic. That's like trying to make Peter Parker gay, which is what the second incarnation with Andrew Garfield playing him was wanting to happen. I guess that's why Tom Holland is now Peter Parker, and the best one in recent history as far as I'm concerned.

Has anyone watched SWAT or SEALS? They're being advertised a lot over here and I was wondering if either were worth watching?
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

If you guys haven't seen Travelers or Godless on Netflix you really are missing out. I binged Godless in a couple of days last week when we got unexpected snow that shut down the county. I just finished S2 of Travelers.

They are both excellent shows.

I didn't read the whole thread so I'm ready to be beaten up if Shameless on Netflix has already been discussed. William H. Macy stars and is pretty good; John Cusack's sister (Joan, I think) plays a real offbeat character and the series, at least the first year, is very good.

I'm 2 episode into Godless, looks like a classic although only 7 episodes were made. Peaky Blinders is another favorite.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(01-13-2018, 12:20 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: If you guys haven't seen Travelers or Godless on Netflix you really are missing out. I binged Godless in a couple of days last week when we got unexpected snow that shut down the county. I just finished S2 of Travelers.

For me, Travelers started out great but over the course of the 1st season the quality of the writing seemed to drop. I might give it another try though, I like the premise.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2018, 10:20 PM by americus 2.0.)

(01-13-2018, 02:01 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 12:20 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: If you guys haven't seen Travelers or Godless on Netflix you really are missing out. I binged Godless in a couple of days last week when we got unexpected snow that shut down the county. I just finished S2 of Travelers.

For me, Travelers started out great but over the course of the 1st season the quality of the writing seemed to drop. I might give it another try though, I like the premise.

I only watched the first couple of episodes of Travelers when it came out and forgot about it, then picked it up again and enjoyed it and was looking forward to S2. S2 did not disappoint. I actually liked it better than S1 which almost never happens for me. There were some references and characters/storylines from S1 that I was fuzzy on and thought, "I need to watch season one again then come back to this" but I pushed through it. 

I'm most definitely looking forward to S3.

Oh, and I don't usually watch shows like This Is Us, but I kept hearing about it, so last night while looking on Hulu for something else I saw it and decided to watch the first episode. At the end I was like- holy cats! It was a "The Sixth Sense" kind of ending in that, what you thought you just watched was not actually what you did just watch. 

OTOH, the new season of X-Files is just bad. And it's only two episodes in. I'm trying to keep an open mind but it's just not good storytelling. At all.

Just started Bloodline on Netflix... love it so far!

(01-17-2018, 04:42 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Just started Bloodline on Netflix... love it so far!

It really is good. Just an FYI.... A lot of people complained about S2 because it wasn't "as exciting" or whatever. You do have to be patient with it but it is a good follow up.

I love Kyle Chandler. I could probably watch him watch paint dry. Or listen to him give a description of how he felt watching that paint dry. Lol. Every actor did a really good job but he's my favorite since Friday Night Lights.

(01-17-2018, 07:21 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(01-17-2018, 04:42 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Just started Bloodline on Netflix... love it so far!

It really is good. Just an FYI.... A lot of people complained about S2 because it wasn't "as exciting" or whatever. You do have to be patient with it but it is a good follow up.

I love Kyle Chandler. I could probably watch him watch paint dry. Or listen to him give a description of how he felt watching that paint dry. Lol. Every actor did a really good job but he's my favorite since Friday Night Lights.

We are only 2 episodes in, but we like it so far. I like Kyle Chandler a lot..

Have you seen this? His narrating is awesome, this gives a lot of people an insight into what High School Football really means in some towns over in America.

I'm just disappointed that it wasn't longer than 10 minutes.. seriously, give it a watch if you haven't already..

(01-17-2018, 07:48 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(01-17-2018, 07:21 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: It really is good. Just an FYI.... A lot of people complained about S2 because it wasn't "as exciting" or whatever. You do have to be patient with it but it is a good follow up.

We are only 2 episodes in, but we like it so far. I like Kyle Chandler a lot..

Have you seen this? His narrating is awesome, this gives a lot of people an insight into what High School Football really means in some towns over in America.

I'm just disappointed that it wasn't longer than 10 minutes.. seriously, give it a watch if you haven't already..

No I haven't seen that. Gonna watch right now. Thanks!!