Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TV Shows

(01-17-2018, 07:51 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(01-17-2018, 07:48 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: We are only 2 episodes in, but we like it so far. I like Kyle Chandler a lot..

Have you seen this? His narrating is awesome, this gives a lot of people an insight into what High School Football really means in some towns over in America.

I'm just disappointed that it wasn't longer than 10 minutes.. seriously, give it a watch if you haven't already..

No I haven't seen that. Gonna watch right now. Thanks!!

Enjoy! I'm sure you will..
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

So, I'm watching a thing about the 2018 Olympics and Shaun White mentioned that he's 31. 

How is Shaun White THIRTY ONE YEARS OLD!? 

It's stuff like this that makes me realize I'm not in my 20's anymore. Or my 30's.  Ninja

Also, this reminds me I need to get an HDTV antenna since we don't have cable or satellite. I love watching the winter Olympics. These people are crazy. Especially the luge and skeleton athletes. But they're all a special kind of crazy.

Counterpart- on Starz. I saw the first episode, and it was very good. I won't summarize or review it here, because you can find a hundred reviews in the internet if you are interested.

J. K. Simmons plays two different versions of himself, and he's such a good actor, you can tell instantly which one it is.

Any love for Mr. Robot? It’s essentially Breaking Bad meets Fight Club.

Other shows I like at the moment:

GoT
Better Call Saul
Impractical Jokers
West World

(This post was last modified: 02-01-2018, 11:27 AM by Dark Passenger.)

(01-29-2018, 11:16 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Any love for Mr. Robot? It’s essentially Breaking Bad meets Fight Club.

GoT
Better Call Saul
Impractical Jokers
West World

I love all those shows, especially Impractical Jokers. I never get tired of that show. Love those guys.

I am surprisingly in the 5 or so percent of people who don't watch GoT.

Starting to work through Manhunt: Unabomber on Netflix. Really good show.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(01-29-2018, 11:16 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Any love for Mr. Robot? It’s essentially Breaking Bad meets Fight Club.

GoT
Better Call Saul
Impractical Jokers
West World

I like Mr robot but damn it's hard to follow. Sometimes I have to take a break and only watching it when I can completely pay attention.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(04-03-2018, 02:32 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Starting to work through Manhunt: Unabomber on Netflix. Really good show.

That, and Mindhunter were both really good. I watched Mindhunter before Manhunt and it was interesting to see how the work of the very first FBI profilers (Mindhunter) helped years later to find Ted K.

Legion continued last night. Such a fun show. I had to go look for Pink Floyd documentaries after. lol
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(04-04-2018, 07:49 PM)pirkster Wrote: Legion continued last night.  Such a fun show.  I had to go look for Pink Floyd documentaries after.  lol

Oh, thanks for the reminder! Season one is on Hulu and I need to rewatch it before I begin S2.

I'm watching Bron/Broen, the original Swedish/Danish version of The Bridge. If you haven't watched it, do yourself a favor and make it happen. It's currently on Hulu. I'm on S3 now.

Saga Noren has to be one of my favorite television characters of all time. She is supposed to have Asperger's though it's never actually said she does. Her co-workers and others say she's odd or weird but that's as far as it goes. The actress was never told either, she was just given instruction on the mannerisms the character has. They didn't want to slap a label on her, just to be this different kind of character who also happens to be a Swedish police officer. I don't even know how to explain her, you just have to watch.

I did try to watch the American version when it came out and couldn't get through the first episode. After watching this version there is no way I could, in good conscience, tell anyone to watch the American one. This is far superior.

I had low expectations for Lost in Space and came away very pleased.  It's not perfection but I came away very pleased.

And I really want one of these...

[Image: chariot-2--1024x399.jpg]
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I am currently binge watching Bones. I started from the very beginning and I think I am currently in season 7 I think. Man this show has been on for a long time but man is it a great show.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(05-08-2018, 04:03 PM)pirkster Wrote: I had low expectations for Lost in Space and came away very pleased.  It's not perfection but I came away very pleased.

And I really want one of these...

[Image: chariot-2--1024x399.jpg]

I wasn't sure what to expect after the craptastic movie with John Hurt and Mimi Rogers. I liked it. And the robot is pretty sweet looking.

(05-08-2018, 03:56 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I'm watching Bron/Broen, the original Swedish/Danish version of The Bridge. If you haven't watched it, do yourself a favor and make it happen. It's currently on Hulu. I'm on S3 now.

Saga Noren has to be one of my favorite television characters of all time. She is supposed to have Asperger's though it's never actually said she does. Her co-workers and others say she's odd or weird but that's as far as it goes. The actress was never told either, she was just given instruction on the mannerisms the character has. They didn't want to slap a label on her, just to be this different kind of character who also happens to be a Swedish police officer. I don't even know how to explain her, you just have to watch.

I did try to watch the American version when it came out and couldn't get through the first episode. After watching this version there is no way I could, in good conscience, tell anyone to watch the American one. This is far superior.

Unlike you, I loved The Bridge, but will check out this version.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(05-08-2018, 03:56 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I'm watching Bron/Broen, the original Swedish/Danish version of The Bridge. If you haven't watched it, do yourself a favor and make it happen. It's currently on Hulu. I'm on S3 now.

Thank you for the reminder on this.  We were visiting some friends in Denmark a year or so ago and crossed that bridge into Sweden.  Our friends told us about this show, but I had forgotten.  Just ordered all three seasons on DVD from Amazon.

(05-08-2018, 07:26 PM)rollerjag Wrote:

Unlike you, I loved The Bridge, but will check out this version.

I just couldn't get past Diane Krueger. I like her in other parts she's played but this just didn't do it for me. Also, I think it would have been much more intriguing to have the crime happen on the US/Canadian border. It's too easy to understand why there would be crimes committed on the US/Mexican border, what with the illegal immigrants, drug cartels, etc., already a normal issue.

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2018, 11:51 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

The last 24 hours has been a bloodbath for several television shows. Here's a list of current television shows which have been cancelled.

9JKL (CBS)

Alex Inc. (ABC)

The Brave (NBC)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine (Fox) — picked up by NBC for a sixth season

The Crossing (ABC)

Deception (ABC)

Designated Survivor (ABC)

The Exorcist (Fox)

Great News (NBC)

Kevin Can Wait (CBS)

Kevin (Probably) Saves the World (ABC)

Last Man on Earth (Fox)

Law & Order: True Crime (NBC)

Life Sentence (CW)

Living Biblically (CBS)

Lucifer (Fox)

Marvel’s Inhumans (ABC)

The Mayor (ABC)

Me, Myself & I (CBS)

The Mick (Fox)

The Middle (ABC)

New Girl (Fox)

The Night Shift (NBC)

Once Upon a Time (ABC)

The Originals (CW)

Rise (NBC)

Quantico (ABC)

Scandal (ABC)

Scorpion (CBS)

Shades of Blue (NBC)

Superior Donuts (CBS)

Taken (NBC)

Ten Days in the Valley (ABC)

Valor (CW)

Wayward Pines (Fox)

Wisdom of the Crowd (CBS)

The X-Files (Fox)

Zoo (CBS)

I haven't watched a series on network TV since they cancelled Limitless last year.

I started watching the new season of Bosch (Amazon Prime). It started out slow, but really picked up in midseason.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(05-13-2018, 04:08 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: I haven't watched a series on network TV since they cancelled Limitless last year.

I started watching the new season of Bosch (Amazon Prime). It started out slow, but really picked up in midseason.

Bosch is awesome. I was afraid I'd hate it because I am a HUGE fan of Michael Connelly and his Bosch series of books, but I enjoy it a lot. Titus Welliver is not who I saw when reading the books, but I really like him as Bosch. 

As for the network shows, I watch them on Netflix, Amazon and Hulu if I like them but more often than not I prefer cable shows, originals from the streaming sites and foreign shows like Nobel, Occupied, Bron/Broen, etc. 

The last couple of weeks Bron/Broen has been my binge habit when my husband is at work. I'm on S4 E3 and I'm sad it's the last season but glad they decided not to draw it out too long and ruin it. Saga is still one of my favorite tv characters.