Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Joeckel is garbage

Getting tougher and tougher to defend Joeckel and Caldwell to be honest.

When it takes trickery and college offensive sets to beat a team like NY, you got problems.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Getting tougher and tougher to defend Joeckel and Caldwell to be honest.

When it takes trickery and college offensive sets to beat a team like NY, you got problems.

Chip Kelly seems to be doing well with college offensive sets. Just sayin.

Is it that hard to be happy after a win?
"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

Quote:Chip Kelly seems to be doing well with college offensive sets. Just sayin.

Is it that hard to be happy after a win?

We are 2-10. Who cares? Honestly. Wins like this create false hope for those seeking it.

I know he's young, but I haven't seen anything so far that makes me believe that 1 day he will play like the #2 pick in the draft.

Or the #3 pick

Or the #4 pick

Or the #5 pick

Or the #.............................................

Let's face it, the Jags missed on the #2 pick with Luke.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

(This post was last modified: 11-30-2014, 09:53 PM by Amat3uR.)

He is still young so hopfeully he will improve.

Quote:1. who would you have picked instead of him at the time of his draft? We have the benefit of 'hind sight' now, but at the time Joekel was the best option.

2. who would you replace him with now that isn't just as big a risk as Joekel was?

3. yeah... it's really starting to look like a trend with Joekel, not just a 'bad game'. Blocking someone like Jason PP just makes it obvious....

4. the guy we traded off to the ravens isn't doing so great either...

Ansah
"Get Better Everyday"

Quote:Ansah
Geno

Maybe thats one of the players that Gus was referring to when he said changes will be made regardless of draft status or free agent signings (paraphrasing)
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:isnt this the same whine and cheese crew that said Eungene Monroe was a bust after his first yr ????

It's his second year. Why are people saying he's a rookie. Just because he got hurt last year doesn't excuse him.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Hindsight.  The Jaguars can get a LOT in round one or a C or OG or ROT at the top of round 2.  I think one OL together with the growth of the other OL will be enough to improve the OL to make it workable for Bortles.  Then if in 2016 the Jaguars need more improvement, then they can use another high draft pick to improve the OL.

Quote:Geno
what I wouldn't emit that lol
"Get Better Everyday"

Quote:We are 2-10. Who cares? Honestly. Wins like this create false hope for those seeking it.

Just ask the dude that posted he got choked up by Gus' locker room speech. Ridiculous.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:Just ask the dude that posted he got choked up by Gus' locker room speech. Ridiculous.

I like Gus and truly want him to succeed. It would be that much sweeter for a guy like that to turn this pile of horse crap into a contender and have been with them from the beginning.

Based on what I have seen, I just don't think he is that guy.

Joeckel has been bad all year. I've been on record since day one saying I disagreed with the Monroe trade and Joeckel selection. I still do.

Quote:He is still young so hopfeully he will improve.

That's all we can do at this point, hope.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

We can hope but we need to prepare.  If there is a highly rated LT when it is our turn to pick, you draft him and make them compete.  Loser gets moved inside or to RT.

60% of the Time...It works everytime...

He didn't even play 6 games as a rookie. This is pretty much still his rookie year. And people are saying we need to get rid of him. LOL.

His problem is he needs to get stronger. He's like a pancake. He needs weightroom time. It's the same problem Eric Fisher is having.

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:He didn't even play 6 games as a rookie. This is pretty much still his rookie year. And people are saying we need to get rid of him. LOL.

His problem is he needs to get stronger. He's like a pancake. He needs weightroom time. It's the same problem Eric Fisher is having.

No it isn't "pretty much still his rookie year."

Injuries happen.... he was still able to study defenses, work in the weightroom, be in team meetings, etc.

He's nearly done with his 2nd NFL season, and he isn't very promising.

We can hope he turns it around, but he's another guy they need to have competition for... like Cyprien.

I mean seriously, is Joeckel playing LT better than Cam Bradfield did last year?  I don't think so.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:No it isn't "pretty much still his rookie year."

Injuries happen.... he was still able to study defenses, work in the weightroom, be in team meetings, etc.

He's nearly done with his 2nd NFL season, and he isn't very promising.

We can hope he turns it around, but he's another guy they need to have competition for... like Cyprien.

I mean seriously, is Joeckel playing LT better than Cam Bradfield did last year? I don't think so.

I disagree with you here.

To me he's more like a redshirt freshman equivalent.

I think what the poster above you said is pretty accurate. Calling him a bust already is pretty silly. We have seen flashes of dominance from luke.

The fact that other highly drafted tackles are having this issue as well definitely leads me to believe he just needs more time, another off season, more experience. He didn't come from a zbs scheme as far as I know. I'd say at least another year before we write him off.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:I disagree with you here.

To me he's more like a redshirt freshman equivalent.

I think what the poster above you said is pretty accurate. Calling him a bust already is pretty silly. We have seen flashes of dominance from luke.

The fact that other highly drafted tackles are having this issue as well definitely leads me to believe he just needs more time, another off season, more experience. He didn't come from a zbs scheme as far as I know. I'd say at least another year before we write him off.

Nobody is writing him off.

People are just saying he needs to be pushed with competition.  

You can't just assume he will get better - otherwise you're stuck with a terrible situation at LT.

Ideal scenario is you draft a swing tackle that can push both Pasztor and Luke to be better.  And if this mid-round swing tackle IS better, then he plays.. simple as that.

Nobody is calling him a bust yet.  But if he doesn't improve significantly, he will be.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>