Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Joeckel is garbage

Quote:No it isn't "pretty much still his rookie year."

Injuries happen.... he was still able to study defenses, work in the weightroom, be in team meetings, etc.

He's nearly done with his 2nd NFL season, and he isn't very promising.

We can hope he turns it around, but he's another guy they need to have competition for... like Cyprien.

I mean seriously, is Joeckel playing LT better than Cam Bradfield did last year?  I don't think so.
Nothing like getting reps in a real game.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:1. who would you have picked instead of him at the time of his draft? We have the benefit of 'hind sight' now, but at the time Joekel was the best option.

2. who would you replace him with now that isn't just as big a risk as Joekel was?

3. yeah... it's really starting to look like a trend with Joekel, not just a 'bad game'. Blocking someone like Jason PP just makes it obvious....

4. the guy we traded off to the ravens isn't doing so great either...

1. Trade down Take what Miami gave up for the #3 pick.

2. Right now there's no better option. Help is not on the way.

3. Agree. He's not as bad as some here make him out to be, but he's playing at a Mike Pearson level.

4. Monroe is better. Joeckel may eventually be better, but it's unlikely that he'll ever be significantly better. We essentially traded the #2 pick in the draft for mid 4th and 5th round picks. The two picks we got were worth more because 2014 was a much better draft, but Caldwell could have easily traded the #2 pick in 2013 for a 1st and 2nd in 2014, had amassing 2014 picks been his goal.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

He's not paying good but I don't blame Caldwell for taking him. That draft was weak

Joke'll sharply inhales but-tocks through his mouth....

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Quote:He's not paying good but I don't blame Caldwell for taking him. That draft was weak

"That draft was weak" doesn't excuse the pick. It was our GMs first pick with the franchise.

Quote:"That draft was weak" doesn't excuse the pick. It was our GMs first pick with the franchise.

It's a reasonable excuse. IMO he should have traded down. A rookie GM might find that too challenging.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

I do still wish we could have traded down but No doubt Luke is who I would have taken at the time. I just wish it would have worked out vetter for us.

Quote:It's a reasonable excuse. IMO he should have traded down. A rookie GM might find that too challenging.
Or maybe there was just nobody to trade with?

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:We can hope but we need to prepare. If there is a highly rated LT when it is our turn to pick, you draft him and make them compete. Loser gets moved inside or to RT.

This

Quote:Or maybe there was just nobody to trade with?

Miami traded up to the very next pick. Caldwell just didn't know how (or was afraid) to initiate the trade discussions. He later stated that 'no one called him.'

Quote:Or maybe there was just nobody to trade with?
This is what I feel happened. Terrible draft.

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2014, 01:33 AM by P. Haze.)

The draft was weak is the new excuse? Leave it to Jags fans to find one to say. I don't know if Luke "The Joke" Joeckel is a bust but he's damn sure playing the part well right now. The apologist won't turn on him until he gets the quarterback decapitated. Then it will be oops it was just too early to say bust but now I see. Some are talking about competition at the position, well go get Brandon Scherff and the competition will be over quickly. Cut all the pretty boy lineman crap out and get you a beast. Quit playing with these folks.

Quote:Should've just lit the draft card on fire; it wouldn't get burned as much as this clown.
Yep!

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2014, 08:51 AM by Banatha.)

Quote:Well then will somebody tell someone inside the locker room to get this done????

Seriously, I know he's a rookie and all, but man, he's lookin' really bad...

Lee is a rookie, and he's still lookin' really good.  Same with Hurns and AR-15 (untill he got hurt).  How come Joekell can't get it somewhat figured out?
This is why you don't trade away your 1st round Left tackle if they are performing. They are rare. That's why they go high in the draft, higher than running backs, recievers, anybody besides QB.  Here we sit, having spent two top ten picks, Monroe and Joeckel, and still don't have a left tackle. Do we waste another #1 on yet another left tackle?

Quote:Can we also stop pretending this is joeckels rookie year? He's in his 2nd year. He will be in the all important 3rd year soon

You can make the argument for both.

But therein lies the rub.

If Bortles is to develop into the QB this team desperately needs, he is going to need a greater level of protection than Joeckel has provided.

It's at the stage now where you are kind of in no man's land.

Do you gamble that Joeckel will develop into the kind of LT you envisioned taking him 2nd overall, bypass a LT in the draft, and then have Bortles pay the price?

Or, do you try to guarantee Bortles superior protection, take another LT in this draft, with the possibility you could miss again at the position, as well as bypass other areas of the team that need attention?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

As nearly as I can tell, he didn't have a very good game (it's better to analyze line play when you re-watch the game which I haven't had a chance to do yet).  While he's not nearly as bad as some of the goofballs think he is, he is a finesse player that needs to get stronger to be more effective.  This is easy to see in retrospect.  Hard to knock Caldwell for the pick though when nearly everyone at the time was thinking he'd go near the top of the draft.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

You don't draft any lineman in the top 5, ever.

The days of Boselli and Munoz are gone.

There are no true dominant tackles out there that can eliminate a JJ Watt.. Only those guys are worth it.

Boselli has been talking about that for a while now. For whatever reason, even the best tackles in the league aren't nearly as dominant as tavkles used to be.

I would draft them starting in the mid first or later.

I say get a tackle in rounds 2-4 and hopefully he can push Joeckel and Pasztor.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

I think it's way too early to write off Joeckel, but I would not be upset if they drafted another offensive tackle with a high pick.  That offensive line needs help, and maybe that means bringing in another tackle and kicking Paztor or Joeckel inside to guard or something.   They need to do something.  We have a good young QB, and good young WRs, but the pass protection is really bad and the run blocking sucks, too.

The amount of stupid on this board just jumped to an all time high with this thread.

'If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.' - Frank Zappa

Quote:isnt this the same whine and cheese crew that said Eungene Monroe was a bust after his first yr ????
monroe isn't doing so hot with the ravens either...

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...