Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
No AFC team on thanksgiving this year

All games today are nfc match ups. Kind of wish the nfl would schedule at least 1 afc team in.

Also it looks like the nfl is trying to get everyone on thanksgiving who haven't been on in a long time. Could we see Carolina Panthers @ Jacksonville Jaguars next year to get both teams on who have never been. I mean Houston has been and they are 8 years younger.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The Jags have been snubbed out of the Turkey Bowl for far too long...

They're waiting to see if more than 10,000 people watch the Thursday night game, Jags v. Titans, on December 18.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

This makes it hard to figure out which game is on CBS.

Does anyone know why the Lions host a game every Thanksgiving? I understand the Cowboys, but the Lions are rarely a good or popular team.

Quote:This makes it hard to figure out which game is on CBS.

Does anyone know why the Lions host a game every Thanksgiving? I understand the Cowboys, but the Lions are rarely a good or popular team.
15 seconds on Google can do a lot for people seeking knowledge.
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_on_Thanksgiving_Day'>http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_on_Thanksgiving_Day</a>
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Thanksgiving game droughts current length in seasons.

Chargers 45 years last was 1969

Rams 39 years last 1975

Browns 25 years last 1989

Bills 21 years last 1994

Panthers and Jaguars 20 years since birth in 1995

Vikings 14 years since 2000

The other 25 teams have been on Thanksgiving in the last 8 years or less.

Quote:This makes it hard to figure out which game is on CBS.

Lions are very much "The" Thanksgiving Holiday football team. Their tradition goes back,, waaaayy back to a long time ago (much longer than the Cowboys tradition starting).

Guaranteed: If you polled most Americans about what Thanksgiving football team is their rooting interest,, they'd overwhelmingly say "Detroit Lions."

It's a fact. I know scores of people who don't watch much football, if any. But, during Thanksgiving, they root for the Detroit Lions to win.

You are correct,, for many of those years the Lions were not very good. Lots of people moaned about having to watch such a bad team play every year. However, recently that is far from the case. And even in a few of those Down years, the Lions would make it interesting. They were truly an under dog to root for.

Quote:You are correct,, for many of those years the Lions were not very good. Lots of people moaned about having to watch such a bad team play every year. However, recently that is far from the case. And even in a few of those Down years, the Lions would make it interesting. They were truly an under dog to root for.

Maybe the Khan is trying to create our own tradition with the London game. Maybe in the future teams fans will be complaining like I am about Thanksgiving but about not being in London.

Quote:Maybe the Khan is trying to create our own tradition with the London game. Maybe in the future teams fans will be complaining like I am about Thanksgiving but about not being in London.

Lol! Maybe you are on to something there.

Quote:15 seconds on Google can do a lot for people seeking knowledge.
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_on_Thanksgiving_Day'>http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_on_Thanksgiving_Day</a>

I know, but normally I don't even need to look it up.