Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mike Nolan interviewing for LB coaching job

Nolan coached San Fran from 2005 - 2008

Dan Skuta played on San Fran from 2009 - 2014

Imagine bringing the 2 forces together.

Myles Jack may never see the field 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Strange dynamic with all of the position coaches being more qualified and accomplished than the dope we have as D Coordinator.

Welcome to Corporate America   :woot:

Wash is going to have a TON of experience to rely/talk to. Nolan (if we land him), Fewell, and Hobby all added will bring a wealth of experience/winning mentality. About damn time.

Quote:Wash is going to have a TON of experience to rely/talk to. Nolan (if we land him), Fewell, and Hobby all added will bring a wealth of experience/winning mentality. About damn time.
Agreed, 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Just because Wash was a Gus disciple doesn't mean he can't coach or isn't an up and comer. Too much emphasis is being put on that for not good reason

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2017, 03:59 PM by C-Dub93.)

Quote:Just because Wash was a Gus disciple doesn't mean he can't coach or isn't an up and comer. Too much emphasis is being put on that for not good reason
I agree.

I was disappointed after we retained him just because he has been here since the get go. But I am willing to bet he makes wholesale changes, as the rest of the staff getting fired indicates. He also jettisoned the "Otto" term once Gus was out the door saying it's a SAM backer. If he was all pro-Gus, I don't think he would have stayed on staff. There's a reason only him and Hackett (who didn't use his own scheme and has worked with Marrone at Cuse and BUF) are the only two retained.

Quote:I agree.

I was disappointed after we retained him just because he has been here since the get go. But I am willing to bet he makes wholesale changes, as the rest of the staff getting fired indicates. He also jettisoned the "Otto" term once Gus was out the door saying it's a SAM backer. If he was all pro-Gus, I don't think he would have stayed on staff. There's a reason only him and Hackett (who didn't use his own scheme and has worked with Marrone at Cuse and BUF) are the only two retained.
I was intially dissapointed when anyone was kept too, but I feel like now they're making a lot of changes throughout the staff so I'm happy about that. I never thought he was a dope though, like some on here, I just wanted wholesale changes. 

Quote:I was intially dissapointed when anyone was kept too, but I feel like now they're making a lot of changes throughout the staff so I'm happy about that. I never thought he was a dope though, like some on here, I just wanted wholesale changes. 

Was the defense a top 6 defense like ranked? No. But was it mightily improved from 2015? Yes. Sure, talent improving by a solid bit had some to do with it but to get what he did out of the defense with two rookie edge rushers and a lot of new faces I thought was impressive...especially in this scheme.

IDK if he's the answer but DC's have to start somewhere. Now he'll get to run it how HE wants too, and hopefully he picks Fewell and Nolan's brains as they have experience doing it. 

Quote:
Quote:I agree.

Quote:I was intially dissapointed when anyone was kept too, but I feel like now they're making a lot of changes throughout the staff so I'm happy about that. I never thought he was a dope though, like some on here, I just wanted wholesale changes. 

Thing is, there are more coaches retained than just Hackett and Wash. Ron Middleton and even Mike Mallory are still on the coaching roster. As is the S & C Coach. This is just to point out that there are changes, but they didn't clean house quite as thoroughly as I initially thought.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Thing is, there are more coaches retained than just Hackett and Wash. Ron Middleton and even Mike Mallory are still on the coaching roster. As is the S & C Coach. This is just to point out that there are changes, but they didn't clean house quite as thoroughly as I initially thought.
I'm curious as to why Mallory is still techinically on staff after the DiCamilis (sp?) hiring. 

Quote:I'm curious as to why Mallory is still techinically on staff after the DiCamilis (sp?) hiring. 

Yeah, that one is kinda glaring, ain't it? Maybe Doug liked working with the guy.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Yeah, that one is kinda glaring, ain't it? Maybe Doug liked working with the guy.
What other role would a ST coach hold other than ST coach? Assistant ST coach?

Quote:What other role would a ST coach hold other than ST coach? Assistant ST coach?

Assistant to the ST Coach.

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2017, 06:38 PM by Mowerguy.)

Quote:All we can do is hope for the best. But really this feels like a real franchise now. Not some podunk low level after thought.

Looks like a quality hire.

With the way things are shaping up....Marrone and TC are shaping up the staff to the best it's been in a looooong time. Quality coaches actually want to be here now.

I can't wait until Marrone, dave and TC go to work on the roster, draft and free agency.

After all the point is to win now.....not just get better.

And by god I think they're going to do it!  :thumbsup:

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2017, 06:48 PM by Dumptruck.)

Bklyn: "He should have been DC. "

*as soon as the Jags hire him*

Bklyn: "Nolan is terrible."

Quote:Wash is a dope and our defense is gonna regress like the offense did.

THIS!!!

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:What you are saying is factually correct, and I agree with it. But I've been burnt too many times by this franchise. It's the Jags, somehow this will blow up and go 100% wrong. I need to see success to believe it, and even then I won't be entirely sure.

Then WHY are you here? Why are you a Supposite Jaguar Fan?

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:Then WHY are you here? Why are you a Supposite Jaguar Fan?

NH3...

I have been a Jags fan nearly all my life, and I always will be, no matter how bad it gets.

Why? I don't know. Chalk it up to a poor life choice?
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2017, 07:11 PM by NH3.)

Quote:I have been a Jags fan nearly all my life, and I always will be, no matter how bad it gets.

Why? I don't know. Chalk it up to a poor life choice?
If you're "A Lifetime Jaguar Fan" as I, then choose to be POSITIVE when it comes to Our Jaguars. I understand the fan's turmoil but I also understand that Better Days are Coming to which I'll be Optimistic as such...

You received your Christmas Gift...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Why the hate for Wash? If you're wildly lauding every move made under Coughlin and Marrone, why skip their decision to retain him?

Neither coach (guess Tom ain't coach now, but you know what I mean) had any prior connection to him, and thus far it seems with Tom & Doug prior historical success has been a focus.

Yet they kept the guy that neither of them are tied to, and doesn't have the obvious championship pedigree as most of the newly hired staff does...how does that not logically translate into them being very impressed with how he talks schemes and accountability behind closed doors?

If you celebrate Toms perspective/judgement in bringing in these great coaches, why on earth would you assume he didn't do due diligence in looking at the cat he's putting IN CHARGE of his impressive hires.

To me, if Wash was able to convince Tom and Doug that he's the man on D going forward, that's a good thing.

Maybe I'm just an idiot, I dunno. I'm five shots deep so take it for what it's worth. But I feel like if we're gonna have so much confidence in every other hire, perhaps Wash deserves the same window considering the guys in charge had NO motivation to retain him unless he impressed them with his ideas/work ethic/process. If we're gonna trust their judgement, then trust it.