Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
If the price was right, would you re-sign Joeckle at guard?

Quote:We need these guys

[Image: o-line-080900.jpg]

Can they run block?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Don't miss luke at all.....besides he seems to get injured too much.

time for him to move on.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

If he was brought back in place of Josh Wells I would.

I'd do it if all the stars aligned perfectly. I'd like to see the Jags sign Rich Wagner, waive Parnell, draft Dan Fenney, and then a developmental OL later in the draft (David Sharpe?).

LT - Beachum, Joeckel

LG - Cann/Joeckel/Omameh

C - Linder, Bowanko

RG - Feeney, Shatley/Omameh

RT - Wagner, Sharpe

The price will be right. I don't see much of a market for him in free agency.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

The answer is simple. Yes.

Quote:Just curious.

I don't think he fits what Coughlin would be looking for.  He'll probably get signed somewhere else at a journeyman salary and spend the rest of his career as a middling guard and backup tackle.  Hard to believe he was such a high draft choice but it happens.  The whole 2013 first round draft was very pedestrian in retrospect.  Eric Fisher didn't turn out so great either.  

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Why not? He'd be good insurance in case another Tackle gets injured.

And here I thought this guy would be mentored by Boselli and be our franchise LT. What an epic bust this guy is.

I'd keep him for a cheap deal… 

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2017, 02:55 AM by Banatha.)

Quote:The price will be right. I don't see much of a market for him in free agency.
It's kind of unreal. All American, Outland Trophy winner best lineman in the country, #2 pick just 4 years ago. What happened? One ankle injury and he is toast. Or was he overrated and Johnny football's scrambling saved Luke's butt from a lot of embarrassing whiffs? Seems bizarre he is suddenly so bad no team would even want this young giant in free agency.

The draft is like roulette.

Quote:It's kind of unreal. All American, Outland Trophy winner best lineman in the country, #2 pick just 4 years ago. What happened? One ankle injury and he is toast. Or was he overrated and Johnny football's scrambling saved Luke's butt from a lot of embarrassing whiffs? Seems bizarre he is suddenly so bad no team would even want this young giant in free agency.

The draft is like roulette.

Right there is the answer. I hated him coming out of college.

As a security guard, why not. Surely he can block members of the public getting through a door?
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

For depth I am all for him coming back. He's not going to garner much on the market from other teams as he's yet to live up to his status. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:As a security guard, why not. Surely he can block members of the public getting through a door?

If nothing else, he'd be like another turnstile.

Who's Joeckle?

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I know LJ had a brief stint at guard before his injury. How did he do?

How cheap?

We enter training camp with 90 roster spots.  I don't see any reason not to sign Joeckel for a reasonable price.  See if he can make the roster.  At least let him compete with all the undrafted rookie free agents for a roster spot.  What's the harm? 

No. He ends up on his backside way too often and as Jaguar luck pans out.... he will get our QB demolished.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana