Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chip Kelly interviewing as OC

Quote:He doesn't have to influence anybody to alienate players.

Players don't like him. He's just a side show honestly that I want as far away as possible from working with our young offensive talents.
Shock the world

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Whether or not he can coach, something about his personality makes me want to punch his face. My concerns with him are that he does not seem to me to be the kind of coach players want to "run through walls" for. He has rubbed some players the wrong way and I fear that could be an issue.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:Whether or not he can coach, something about his personality makes me want to punch his face. My concerns with him are that he does not seem to me to be the kind of coach players want to "run through walls" for. He has rubbed some players the wrong way and I fear that could be an issue.

This is part of the problem with him. There's more.
Shock the world

Quote:Im sure thats what it will be if we hire Kelly as OC. Im asking the people who dont want Kelly if they would rather Hackett as OC. Because its probably one or the other

I'm fine with Hackett. The offense looked night and say better when he took over from Olson. Give him a full offseason to implement his system and we should see even more progress.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Whether or not he can coach, something about his personality makes me want to punch his face. My concerns with him are that he does not seem to me to be the kind of coach players want to "run through walls" for. He has rubbed some players the wrong way and I fear that could be an issue.

Yep.

Quote:For the past few years we have heard some of the complaints players have had about Kelly. Players have complained that he works them too hard through a grueling season. LeSean McCoy said that Kelly did not like or respect star players.

Now Eagles offensive tackle Lane Johnson, who was Kelly’s first ever draft pick, has gone on the record about some of his issues with the team’s former head coach.

“Maybe the ego got in the way,” Johnson said of Kelly Wednesday via Philly.com. “Too much power. Control. Not being human about things; not working together, with the team, instead of being a dictator.”

Johnson said the tension in the front office trickled down to the team and could be felt throughout the organization (Kelly eventually won a power struggle with GM Howie Roseman in early 20115 and then took over the team’s personnel).

According to Philly.com, Johnson also said Kelly didn’t listen to complaints or criticism from players. What’s more is that when people complained or criticized, they were punished or released.

Johnson also spoke about Kelly’s fast-paced offense and questioned how viable the scheme is because of how tough it is on linemen. He said it was brutal on his body to work that quickly all offseason, during practices, and throughout a 16-game season.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://larrybrownsports.com/football/lane-johnson-chip-kelly-ego-dictator/286822'>http://larrybrownsports.com/football/lane-johnson-chip-kelly-ego-dictator/286822</a>
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

[Image: 16106048_10154898340508607_7253882016989...e=5912CC53]

I turned in 95 from a Skin to a Jag and Im sick of the Roger Goodell / family fun zone junk.

[Image: jagsfandancing.gif]

That would be a good hire, when he had the offensive talent in Phly they were very good

49ers would have been terrible who ever they had as a coach

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Bortles is the right QB for what offense Kelly wants to run
Yup athletic, and Bortles plays much better in hurry up where you just go out and make plays type offense, Bortles also very good on the move

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

If he's hired, he's probably only here for next year.  

<div><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/RapSheet'>Ian RapoportVerified account‏<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@RapSheet</span></a>
</div>

<p class="" style="font-size:26px;">Chip Kelly went into <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jaguars?src=hash'>#Jaguars</a>[Image: NFL_Season_2016_JAX.png] OC job interview believing he was going get an offer. Has some assistant hires ready. Good chance it happens.

Eh, give me an OC that will implement a FB. I don't think Kelly does, but I may be wrong.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:If he's hired, he's probably only here for next year.  
I'd bet on 2 years.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Chip as OC is a good thing. His offense is electrifying and up tempo and BB5 is at his best when we go up tempo. He would be the Ultimate OC for the Jaguars but unfortunately the offense would have to learn another offense...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">45]
<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/RapSheet'>Ian Rapoport<span style="font-size:8px;">Verified account</span>‏<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@RapSheet</span></a>

Chip Kelly went into <a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jaguars?src=hash'>#Jaguars</a><a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jaguars?src=hash'>[Image: NFL_Season_2016_JAX.png]</a> OC job interview believing he was going get an offer. Has some assistant hires ready. Good chance it happens.

I'm scared. Praying I'm wrong on this.
Shock the world

Quote: 

<div style="margin-left:58px;color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">
<div>Ian RapoportVerified account‏<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@RapSheet</span>
</div>

<p style="font-size:26px;">Chip Kelly went into #Jaguars[Image: NFL_Season_2016_JAX.png] OC job interview believing he was going get an offer. Has some assistant hires ready. Good chance it happens.

</div>
Will we still hear the best presnap call out in all of football?!?!?! GREEEEEEEEEEN 80!!!!!!!!!

Y'all are complaining but it'd be a lot better than Hackett.

Quote:I'm scared. Praying I'm wrong on this.
Me too. I definitely have my trepidations with hiring Kelly even as just our OC.

But he could be one of the brightest offensive minds in football.

Cautious but optimistic on the hire.

Also I'd bet he is here at least two years before anyone is willing to give him a head coach gig again.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2017, 04:02 PM by nhiverson.)

Quote:Yes, Bortles fares well in hurry up/up tempo situations.

Still not sure if I am for Kelly as OC.

He seems to dramatically burn bridges everywhere he goes.

He chased away McCoy, D Jackson, and the guy now in Tennessee.

Who would he run away here?

Probably Arob Hurns and Lee

idk

No Fun

Now reporta are out saying there is a 'good chance' he becomes OC - hope he will be great!

Quote:Bortles is the right QB for what offense Kelly wants to run

But I thought his O needs quick reads and fast accurate throws?

No Fun