Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ralph Wilson Stadium

I found this on the AOL homepage: http://www.aol.com/article/2014/11/19/bu.../20996272/

Quote:Bills officials estimated 220,000 tons of snow needs to be removed in order for the game to go off as planned.

I would not be surprised if they have to make it a 4:00 game with that much snow to shovel out.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The Bills haven't been able to practice all week. They may not be able to play on Sunday.

http://m.nbcsports.com/content/bills-won...riving-ban
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:The Bills haven't been able to practice all week. They may not be able to play on Sunday.

That has not stopped coaches from doing their jobs.

Quote:Bills running back Fred Jackson told NFL Media's Lindsay Rhodes on Wednesday that the team will be at a "huge disadvantage" if it can't practice. With Doug Marrone and his staff cloistered away at the team facility, coaches have spent this week taping segments of the game plan and distributing the information to players digitally.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...-jetsbills

The beginning of this article is shocking. If you can't drive, you can't fly, so how can anybody get to another team's stadium?

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2014, 04:36 PM by Eye of the Storm.)

Sounds to me like the perfect excuse to move them to London.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Quote:Sounds to me like the perfect excuse to move them to London.

If the Bills wanted to move, they would go to Toronto. The new owners promised to replace RWS with a dome, so normal snowfalls will not be a problem forever.

Quote:If the Bills wanted to move, they would go to Toronto. The new owners promised to replace RWS with a dome, so normal snowfalls will not be a problem forever.
There's no push from the NFL to put a team in Toronto like there is for London. The dome will do little good if people can't get to the stadium. I've got friends from Buffalo. They tell me the lake effect snows can sometimes shut the city down for days. This isn't some new phenomenon they're experiencing happens there all the time.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Quote:There's no push from the NFL to put a team in Toronto like there is for London. The dome will do little good if people can't get to the stadium. I've got friends from Buffalo. They tell me the lake effect snows can sometimes shut the city down for days. This isn't some new phenomenon they're experiencing happens there all the time.

It may not be new, but somebody in the organization called it the largest amount of snow in team history.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/weather/buff...es-n252401

6 feet of snow on the ground  -  3 more feet anticipated

Quote:6 feet of snow on the ground  -  3 more feet anticipated.

Sucks for the Bills this is not their scheduled bye week.

Moving it to Detroit, Pittsburgh, or DC.  Interesting.  Not sure how the tickets will be sorted out for this one.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/119091...ng-sources

Looks like they will play in Detroit on Monday night... crazy.

Quote:Moving it to Detroit, Pittsburgh, or DC. Interesting. Not sure how the tickets will be sorted out for this one.

They quickly ruled out Heinz Field because the Pittsburgh Panthers and local high schools are playing there this weekend.

I assume many of the tickets belong to people who shoveled snow all day for $10 per hour.

Quote:Moving it to Detroit, Pittsburgh, or DC.  Interesting.  Not sure how the tickets will be sorted out for this one.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/119091...ng-sources

When a game was moved because of the Vikings dome's roof collapsing the tickets were free. 

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:They quickly ruled out Heinz Field because the Pittsburgh Panthers and local high schools are playing there this weekend.

I assume many of the tickets belong to people who shoveled snow all day for $10 per hour.

So those fans are going to drive to Detroit?  A lot of those fans are probably still snowed in.  I'd imagine those fans will get tickets to a previous game.

I heard somewhere that it takes the Bills 3 days to remove 1 foot of snow from the stadium.....holy cow!  6-9 feet is going to be a task.  I'm betting they are hoping for some warm weather to melt it.

Quote:So those fans are going to drive to Detroit?  A lot of those fans are probably still snowed in.  I'd imagine those fans will get tickets to a previous game.

I heard somewhere that it takes the Bills 3 days to remove 1 foot of snow from the stadium.....holy cow!  6-9 feet is going to be a task.  I'm betting they are hoping for some warm weather to melt it.

Previous game? No way. They probably got them for the Jets game because they would not be hired if the Bills knew Wednesday clearing all of the snow in time is impossible. Or maybe it was for the Browns game.

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2014, 09:06 PM by Vicbow Rules.)

I was there for a Jets Bills game in December years ago.  I walked out of the tunnel and took a bite of my "hot" pretzel and it was already cold.  My hot chocolate was cold within a few sips.  Man it is freaking miserable in winter up there.   That is why I live here now and enjoy complaining about temps in the 50s  Laughing

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Quote:I was there for a Jets Bills game in December years ago.  I walked out of the tunnel and took a bite of my "hot" pretzel and it was already cold.  My hot chocolate was cold within a few sips.  Man it is freaking miserable in winter up there.   That is why I live here now and enjoy complaining about temps in the 50s.

Thank God the new owners are smart enough to want a dome. I have no idea why any fans like sitting outside when it is cold enough to almost freeze hot chocolate. Here in Gainesville I only complain if I need to wear a coat outside.

Snowmobiles were needed to pick up players in the worst-hit areas. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...to-airport

Quote:The Bills were able to get every player and coach out and on to the plane, but it didn't come without a Herculean effort. Players living in the Southtowns, near Ralph Wilson Stadium, were picked up by snowmobile and taken to main roads, where cars were waiting to take them to the team facility in midday on Friday. From there, the players bused to the airport. Those in less affected areas drove themselves to the airport.

Quote:http://www.nbcnews.com/news/weather/buff...es-n252401

6 feet of snow on the ground  -  3 more feet anticipated

Let it snow

Let it snow

Let it snow

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.