Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Chiefs @ Raiders Thursday Night Football Game Thread

Quote:Embarrassing loss for KC.
big time. They have no downfield game

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Do jags own the 1st pick currently?

Quote:and the Jags are the worst team in the NFL now...

If we win this weekend we are still better than them. 

Quote:Embarrassing loss for KC.
 Yep, awful loss to an 0--0 team.

Although it's not as bad as losing to the Jags right now.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Good win for Carr. He'll be better than his brother but that ain't saying much.

Jaguars Fundamentalist

Quote:Do jags own the 1st pick currently?
 What's the first tiebreaker? divisional record?

#Raiders lose control of No. 1 pick in draft. #Jaguars have weaker SOS, now could net a bunch of picks for Mariota

Quote:#Raiders lose control of No. 1 pick in draft. #Jaguars have weaker SOS, now could net a bunch of picks for Mariota

Time to commence "Operation Tank"?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:#Raiders lose control of No. 1 pick in draft. #Jaguars have weaker SOS, now could net a bunch of picks for Mariota
We got 6 games left. We can easily screw up getting the first pick.

Jaguars Fundamentalist

Quote:If we win this weekend we are still better than them. 

That IF is so big it won't even fit in the city of Jax, even as large a city as Jax is.

I'd love to hear hoe a couple meaningless wins will put us in a better place than stockpiling drag picks. We will blow it.

We're #1

We're #1

We're #1

or Jameis

Quote:I'd love to hear hoe a couple meaningless wins will put us in a better place than stockpiling drag picks. We will blow it.
I have never bought into the idea of a losing team winning games late in the season to "carry momentum into next season". This season is this season and next year will be totally different. Whoever thinks wins and momentum "carry over" are idiots.

Jaguars Fundamentalist

Quote:I have never bought into the idea of a losing team winning games late in the season to "carry momentum into next season". This season is this season and next year will be totally different. Whoever thinks wins and momentum "carry over" are idiots.

It sure didn't "carry over" from last season did it?

Quote:It sure didn't "carry over" from last season did it?
Nope. Not in the slightest.

Jaguars Fundamentalist

If I am not mistaken, we beat the clots in week 17 of the 2011 season in which the secured the #1 pick in the draft the next year. That was a big win for us.

Quote:If I am not mistaken, we beat the clots in week 17 of the 2011 season in which the secured the #1 pick in the draft the next year. That was a big win for us.
IKR. Just think the clots were a frog hair away from drafting RGIII. Screwed once again by the fickle finger of fate.

Jaguars Fundamentalist

Quote:Raiders > Jaguars? 

Nope. They have no more wins than we do.

Quote:14-0. Think they go 1-16?

You mean 1-15?

Quote:Anybody have a translator?

What do you need one for?

Quote:Mike Carey is a moron. Cam people not attempt to block punts anymore? What a joke.

Mike Periera said running into the kicker is called when a player bumps the kicking leg (in this case, the left one) after the kick. That was what happened, so it was a good call. I could not believe my ears when MC sounded like defenders can't even get close to Dustin Colquitt's left leg.

Colquitt could have helped himself by not jumping. If he had kept his right foot on the grass, it would not be injured later in the game.

Quote:This is the first game I'm watching the Raiders makes you wonder how they haven't won a game yet?

Can you rephrase that?

Thiey beat the same Chiefs team that blew out the Patriots. A road game on a short week against a division rival spells trouble for Kansas City.

Quote:and the Jags are the worst team in the NFL now...

They are not. What makes you think that?

Quote:Do Jags own the 1st pick currently?

No team owns any pick number until the regular season is over.

Quote:What's the first tiebreaker? Divisional record?

Strength of schedule. We have a weaker one.

Quote:I'd love to hear hoe a couple meaningless wins will put us in a better place than stockpiling draft picks. We will blow it.

Free agents obviously never want to play for teams that lose on purpose, so we can get better veterans if players know we are not tanking.