Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Monday Night Football: Steelers @ Titans

Quote:So did Ben Roethsliberger because the play before was an easy interception.

The pick six was not Mettenberger's fault. That was a route-running error by the receiver.

Even good defenses can't stop Le'Veon Bell forever, but the Titans obviously are better against the pass.

Every time you post you somehow grow increasingly clueless.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

One thing that stood out on this end from the game is Pittsburgh ran the same running play several times in the 4th QTR but Tennessee still couldn't stop it.   Great job of execution by the Steelers blockers and running by L. Bell. 

Big mistake by Ken Whisenhunt challenging the incomplete pass to L. Bell,  thinking that it was a fumble.  Timeouts are too value to take such a risk.   

Quote:Pittsburgh fans travels so darn well. Lots of terrible towels in the stands. I'm looking foward to the day the Jags have a national following that's even remotely close to the Steelers.

MIke Tirico said something about the Terrible Towels, but I did not understand the whole sentence.

Someone brought a sign that read, "Welcom to Heinz Field South." That would have been more fitting in Jacksonville.

Quote:Isn't that pretty much the antithesis of an opinion?

Nope. People can use facts to form opinions and do so on a regular basis. What someone did in an indisputable fact. Whether he did the right or wrong thing is your opinion.

Quote:Every time you post you somehow grow increasingly clueless.

Care to explain? I heard every word and saw every replay while Jon Gruden talked about the interceptions, so I can't be clueless.

Quote:Care to explain? I heard every word and saw every replay while Jon Gruden talked about the interceptions, so I can't be clueless.

No
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:No

That means I am not clueless then.

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2014, 01:41 AM by Achilles.)

Quote:That means I am not clueless then.

On the contrary, your reply above would suggest the opposite.

Quote:Looking forward to the next Jaguars MNF game!

Yeah, come on 2018.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Nope. People can use facts to form opinions and do so on a regular basis. What someone did in an indisputable fact. Whether he did the right or wrong thing is your opinion.

No. Forming an opinion of a fact does not mean that fact backs up your opinion.

Here's an example:

Fact: Man kills another man

Opinion: He deserved it.

The fact of him being dead does not prove the opinion that he deserved to die.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

So my brother texts me this morning about the game last night. My SIL, who doesn't like football, was given the ball by Antonio Brown after he scored his touchdown...made it on tv and everything.

Quote:So my brother texts me this morning about the game last night. My SIL, who doesn't like football, was given the ball by Antonio Brown after he scored his touchdown...made it on tv and everything.

Does he like football now?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Does he like football now?

She...and probably not. I'm sure my brother snatched it from her to add to his Steeler shrine as soon as Brown turned his back to her!! Lol

Welp. Martvas Bryant's hot streak ended the week I inserted him in fantasy, and my opponent had Leveon Bell...yup

Quote:So my brother texts me this morning about the game last night. My SIL, who doesn't like football, was given the ball by Antonio Brown after he scored his touchdown...made it on tv and everything.
I saw that last night. She looked pretty excited to get that football. Great souvenir for your brother!
Jaguars Fundamentalist

OMG That had to be awesome to see your brother and SIL on TV! I thought he gave it to a member of his own family or a friend. Why would a player give it to a complete stranger who may not know who he is?

Quote:Isn't that pretty much the antithesis of an opinion?

What? You can't have an opinion based on facts?

Oh, now I understand so many of these posts. Just pull things out of your butt? Yeah, that makes sense.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:No. Forming an opinion of a fact does not mean that fact backs up your opinion.

Here's an example:

Fact: Man kills another man

Opinion: He deserved it.

The fact of him being dead does not prove the opinion that he deserved to die.

What I mean is you can't have an opinion about his death if he never died.

Quote:What? You can't have an opinion based on facts?

Oh, now I understand so many of these posts. Just pull things out of your butt? Yeah, that makes sense.

I'm sorry the concept of "opinion" is beyond your comprehension.

Just for giggles here's the definition.

opinion

o·pin·ion

əˈpinyən/

noun

noun: opinion; plural noun: opinions

a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&client=ms-android-hms-tmobile-us&source=android-browser&q=opinion+definition'>https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&client=ms-android-hms-tmobile-us&source=android-browser&q=opinion+definition</a>
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Just for giggles here's the definition.

opinion

o·pin·ion

əˈpinyən/

noun

noun: opinion; plural noun: opinions

a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&client=ms-android-hms-tmobile-us&source=android-browser&q=opinion+definition'>https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&client=ms-android-hms-tmobile-us&source=android-browser&q=opinion+definition</a>

Exactly. :thumbsup: