Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cardinals vs Seahawks: Clash of the NFC Titans

This game might be two weeks away, but man; this is going to be the game of the year. No doubt in my mind.

Their 2013 game at CenturyLink was fantastic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M5Ro0TztRE

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Not without Palmer.

Quote:Not without Palmer.

Yup.

Although the Cardinals have shown they can win with Drew Stanton at QB, they're going to need Palmer if they are really going to make a push for a Championship. Is Palmer out for the season now?

Quote:Yup.

Although the Cardinals have shown they can win with Drew Stanton at QB, they're going to need Palmer if they are really going to make a push for a Championship. Is Palmer out for the season now?

Without a doubt, he has a torn ACL. The same knee he tore before.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Not without Palmer.

Quote:Yup.

Quote:Without a doubt, he has a torn ACL. The same knee he tore before.
I think that the Cardinals are actually better off with Stanton than with Palmer. While Palmer is a stat machine; he's still no Tom Brady or Peyton Manning that's for sure. Stanton is more young, quick, and agile than Palmer. And sooner or later Arians is going to have to get a younger guy to take the franchise reigns from Palmer.

I think that even without Palmer, as long as they have Fitzgerald, Peterson, and Floyd healthy, they can carry the Cards well into the playoffs.

Quote:I think that the Cardinals are actually better off with Stanton than with Palmer. While Palmer is a stat machine; he's still no Tom Brady or Peyton Manning that's for sure. Stanton is more young, quick, and agile than Palmer. And sooner or later Arians is going to have to get a younger guy to take the franchise reigns from Palmer.

I think that even without Palmer, as long as they have Fitzgerald, Peterson, and Floyd healthy, they can carry the Cards well into the playoffs.

Better off? That is TBD. I am sure if Drew Stanton was the better quarterback Carson Palmer would already be the backup. But I think Stanton is the next franchise quarterback in Arizona because he has been pretty good this season.

Quote:Better off? That is TBD. I am sure if Drew Stanton was the better quarterback Carson Palmer would already be the backup. But I think Stanton is the next franchise quarterback in Arizona because he has been pretty good this season.

I respect what Drew Stanton brings to the table more than the vast majority of NFL fans.   I followed Stanton's career closely in his 5 seasons with the Lions.   Having said this,   I don't think Stanton will ever be a Franchise QB.   Even if he helps lead the Cardinals to the Super Bowl this season.   Stanton isn't an accurate enough passer and doesn't have a cannon for an arm.   Stanton's current completion % is 49.5 %,   which is far below average at the QB position.   Stanton is a resourceful QB,  who has very good intangibles,  and good mobility.   But he's best suited as a # 2 QB.    It also helps that Stanton is playing under Bruce Arians,  who is a tremendous Head Coach and QB coaching guru.

Quote:I respect what Drew Stanton brings to the table more than the vast majority of NFL fans. I followed Stanton's career closely in his 5 seasons with the Lions. Having said this, I don't think Stanton will ever be a franchise QB. Even if he helps lead the Cardinals to the Super Bowl this season. Stanton isn't an accurate enough passer and doesn't have a cannon for an arm. Stanton's current completion % is 49.5 %, which is far below average at the QB position. Stanton is a resourceful QB, who has very good intangibles, and good mobility. But he's best suited as a # 2 QB. It also helps that Stanton is playing under Bruce Arians, who is a tremendous Head Coach and QB coaching guru.

So why did Bruce Arians say Arizona can win the Super Bowl with Drew Stanton? Of course I did not believe him when he said that, but I had no idea he was that bad as a passer.

Quote:So why did Bruce Arians say Arizona can win the Super Bowl with Drew Stanton? Of course I did not believe him when he said that, but I had no idea he was that bad as a passer.

The Cardinals are a talent team,  even though they have been hit hard by injuries and suspensions.   Bruce Arians likely believes the Cardinals can overcome Carson Palmer's season ending knee injury and win the Super Bowl with Drew Stanton as the team's new starting QB.    At the very least,  Arians needs to project a strong belief to his team that Stanton is capable of taking the team the distance.  

A substantial key regarding Drew Stanton is how well he protects the football.   So far this season,   Stanton has thrown 3 TD's without throwing an interception.  

If Stanton continues to avoid turnovers,   the Cardinals have a chance to go all the way providing he continues to get help from his receivers,  the Cardinals running game improves noticeably,   the Defense continues to be a top 3 unit against the run,   they continue to force a high number of turnovers,   and the Cardinals Special Teams performs well.    The margin of error for the Cardinals has decreased but their season is far from over.   Especially with Bruce Arians as their HC.

Bruce Arians could be a candidate for Coach of the Year if the Cardinals clinch a bye week in the playoffs.

1 more day! Can't wait for this showdown.

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2014, 03:11 PM by C'MON JAGS.)

Quote:Better off? That is TBD. I am sure if Drew Stanton was the better quarterback Carson Palmer would already be the backup. But I think Stanton is the next franchise quarterback in Arizona because he has been pretty good this season.

I haven't ever heard anybody say that they think Drew Stanton can be a franchise quarterback for any team.

So you think he will be a franchise QB for the Cardinals?

Here are his stats:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/pl...anDr00.htm

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

JWDY ... Did you really capitalize titans in the title?

Drop & give me $50.  Smile

I don't think Arizona have their next franchise QB on current roster.

Drew Stanton is a good backup QB and I believe Bruce Arians he can help his team to the Super Bowl, but I have no doubt that Carson Palmer will be starter in 2015 (he should be recovered by the start of the season). He just signed a three-year extension a few days before his injury, but only his 2015 salary is fully guaranteed. So If Palmer won't recover well or if he won't play good next season, they can move on from him in 2016.

I'm interested to see how Logan Thomas will develop under Arians but for now he's just a project. They will probably draft another mid round QB next year.

About the clash of the NFC Titans Smile From now on, every game is like a playoff game. Over the next 4 days our season is on the line. 2 wins and we are back in for at least WC spot, maybe even division title. We could probably still survive with 1-1, but wouldn't depend on ourselves anymore, with two losses we are definitely out. 

Bobby Wagner is back, which is huge news for defense. Run defense was suffering with him and also Mebane out. Carroll also said, Kam is feeling a lot better than over the last few weeks. Hopefully we can create some turnovers. We were getting better in that over the last month (9 takeaways in last 4 games after we only have 5 in first 6 games). On the other side of the ball it will be important to run against their good run defense (strength against strength, so I think this is a key to win this game), but I would also like to see improvement in passing game. Wilson is not at his best this season, but he also didn't have a lot of support from receivers (pass protection is also bad and I'm not a fan of Bevell's playcallilng). There are rumours we could use Sherman at WR in Red zone situations. It would be interesting to see him lineup against Patrick Peterson. No doubt this will be a physical battle. I hope we can get a win somehow and stay injury free.

Quote:I don't think Arizona have their next franchise QB on current roster.

Drew Stanton is a good backup QB and I believe Bruce Arians he can help his team to the Super Bowl, but I have no doubt that Carson Palmer will be starter in 2015 (he should be recovered by the start of the season). He just signed a three-year extension a few days before his injury, but only his 2015 salary is fully guaranteed. So If Palmer won't recover well or if he won't play good next season, they can move on from him in 2016.

I'm interested to see how Logan Thomas will develop under Arians but for now he's just a project. They will probably draft another mid round QB next year.

About the clash of the NFC Titans Smile From now on, every game is like a playoff game. Over the next 4 days our season is on the line. 2 wins and we are back in for at least WC spot, maybe even division title. We could probably still survive with 1-1, but wouldn't depend on ourselves anymore, with two losses we are definitely out. 

Bobby Wagner is back, which is huge news for defense. Run defense was suffering with him and also Mebane out. Carroll also said, Kam is feeling a lot better than over the last few weeks. Hopefully we can create some turnovers. We were getting better in that over the last month (9 takeaways in last 4 games after we only have 5 in first 6 games). On the other side of the ball it will be important to run against their good run defense (strength against strength, so I think this is a key to win this game), but I would also like to see improvement in passing game. Wilson is not at his best this season, but he also didn't have a lot of support from receivers (pass protection is also bad and I'm not a fan of Bevell's playcallilng). There are rumours we could use Sherman at WR in Red zone situations. It would be interesting to see him lineup against Patrick Peterson. No doubt this will be a physical battle. I hope we can get a win somehow and stay injury free.
SeaSea, 

Welcome to the Jags MB! I appreciate your view and thank you for coming on here! I agree that this will be a physical battle. Seattle can still get in with a 10-6, or even a 9-7 record, but then again, Arizona finished 10-6 last season and even managed to do the unthinkable and beat you guys at home, in the cold icy rain of Seattle, Washington. And they still missed the playoffs.

Also, are there any things that you have to say about Gus Bradley, Caldwell, or the Jaguars in general? I know that Gus wants to build this team just like Seattle, and that means building from the ground up. We've already got guys like DRob, Bortles, Hurns, Shorts, and hopefully Blackmon will be reinstated by next season. Our defense has made TREMENDOUS improvement over the past couple of weeks. In fact, we're #2 in the league in sacks, and one of the top teams when it comes to turnovers, but our offense needs to capitalize better. I believe that if our offense can add a couple more guys through the draft and FA, and capitalize more turnovers, than you could be looking at the next division champs of the AFCS.

Another thing, are you actually from Seattle?

Thanks.

Quote:SeaSea, 

Welcome to the Jags MB! I appreciate your view and thank you for coming on here! I agree that this will be a physical battle. Seattle can still get in with a 10-6, or even a 9-7 record, but then again, Arizona finished 10-6 last season and even managed to do the unthinkable and beat you guys at home, in the cold icy rain of Seattle, Washington. And they still missed the playoffs.

Also, are there any things that you have to say about Gus Bradley, Caldwell, or the Jaguars in general? I know that Gus wants to build this team just like Seattle, and that means building from the ground up. We've already got guys like DRob, Bortles, Hurns, Shorts, and hopefully Blackmon will be reinstated by next season. Our defense has made TREMENDOUS improvement over the past couple of weeks. In fact, we're #2 in the league in sacks, and one of the top teams when it comes to turnovers, but our offense needs to capitalize better. I believe that if our offense can add a couple more guys through the draft and FA, and capitalize more turnovers, than you could be looking at the next division champs of the AFCS.

Another thing, are you actually from Seattle?

Thanks.

Thanks for the welcome. I've been on this board for a couple of months now, so I know your team pretty good (I've watched some Jaguars games or at least condensed highlights). I mostly read, but I also wrote some positive posts about Jaguars in the past. I know it's hard to be optimistic with 1-10 record, but I believe the Jags are on the right path and Gus Bradley is still the right person to lead your team to success in the future. But I can understand why some fans are loosing their patience with him. 

Your team is very young, especially on offense. From what I've seen so far biggest problems are individual/mental mistakes from Bortles and other rookies around him. Can some blame also be put on coaches? Of course, but they can't teach experience (that said, I certainly don't know enough about your coaching staff and maybe Gus will have to make some changes there in offseason), players need to learn them through playing time. And of course sometimes it's ugly when you watch a rookie QB protected by two or three rookies on the OL throwing to rookie WRs and also with rookie RB in the backfield.

I don't think it's a coincidence the best part of your team right now is defensive line, where are some of the most experienced players. BTW, I'm happy to see Clemons and Big Red playing good. I wish we could keep one or both of them and maybe Golden Tate instead of giving all that money to Percy Harvin.

And no, I'm not from Seattle. I'm an European NFL fan.  Smile