Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars interviewed Chip Kelly for HC before hiring Marrone

Quote:Chop Kelly runs a TERRIBLE NFL offense.
No he doesnt. His first two seasons in philly were statistically successful. His final season wasnt even that bad but phillys receivers were trash then like they are now and they couldnt run the ball effeciently, both of which are the result of his GM moves. In SF he had the 11th ranked rushing by DVOA too. This idea that his offense cant hang in the NFL has no backing.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He needs to go back to college

Statistically his offense can get it done.

I just really don't like him in general.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:No he doesnt. His first two seasons in philly were statistically successful. His final season wasnt even that bad but phillys receivers were [NO SYNONYM?] then like they are now and they couldnt run the ball effeciently, both of which are the result of his GM moves. In SF he had the 11th ranked rushing by DVOA too. This idea that his offense cant hang in the NFL has no backing.

Yes he does. Defensive coordinators knew the play calls on 3rd down before the offensive players. No thanks.

This article is a good piece about Chips offense https://theringer.com/chip-kelly-san-fra...32f053870e

Quote:This article is a good piece about Chips offense <a class="bbc_url" href='https://theringer.com/chip-kelly-san-francisco-49ers-offense-f332f053870e'>https://theringer.com/chip-kelly-san-francisco-49ers-offense-f332f053870e</a>

Cc: GlockBortles (lol)

Yep. His offense is severely ill-equipped for the NFL.

Quote:Cc: GlockBortles (lol)

Yep. His offense is severely ill-equipped for the NFL.

I actually think he can be a decent OC if he was given a few years with talent to implement it. Just not a good fit here is all.

Justis Mosqueda @JuMosq

Has a relationship with Tom Coughlin, for what it's worth. Offered a job with the NYG when Kelly was still at New Hampshire. https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/...1900076032

Meh, lukewarm to this.....maybe as qb or receivers coach?

He needs a break from limelight in nfl.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk

Here's one fact that could attract Tom Coughlin to Chip Kelly: Kelly's Eagles were 4-1 against Coughlin's Giants.

2:59 PM - 15 Jan 2017

Quote:I actually think he can be a decent OC if he was given a few years with talent to implement it. Just not a good fit here is all.

Chip would have to significantly change his scheme in order to have any semblance of sustained success in the NFL.

Quote:Chip would have to significantly change his scheme in order to have any semblance of sustained success in the NFL.

Yep that's why he'd need a few years and the right talent to do it.

I recall reading that Coughlin suggested two head coaching candidates to the Jaguars during his interview, and that Moronne was one. Assuming that's true, would Kelly have been the second, perhaps?

Quote:I recall reading that Coughlin suggested two head coaching candidates to the Jaguars during his interview, and that Moronne was one. Assuming that's true, would Kelly have been the second, perhaps?

Schefter said it was McDaniels.

He tried something new. Not a lot of people have the balls to do that.

Chip Kelly sucks. Keep him away from here.

Quote:He tried something new. Not a lot of people have the balls to do that.

Gus tried a "new approach" to coaching as well
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

What was Nick Foles TD/Int record under Chip? 26/2? Those philly offenses were pretty good for a couple years but he made terrible GM decisions. If he was only going to call plays on offense I would be willing to at least interview him. 

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

The first wise move was not hiring him to be our head coach.  HIs kind of coaching does not work in this league.  He's like Steve Spurrier.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:I would rather have Gus Bradley back

Yikes!!!!! This is the worst post I have read on this MB in a long time.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.