Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Free Agents

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2014, 12:49 AM by D6.)

Quote:Nah. Please explain how much of a factor Thomas was his 2 years in Denver before Peyton came along

Julius Thomas only played one season of College Football at a relatively small football school ( Portland St. ).  That combined with TE's often not producing much in their rookie season and Thomas missing the 2012 season due to injury,   it's not surprising his NFL career got off to a slow start.   One way or the other,  Thomas is on a path for a major payday. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Devin McCourty and Dez Bryant 

Getting one of the best CBs (Devin McCourty) from our rival (Patriots) would be a huge transaction in the balance of power.

Quote:Which one of those will be playing offense?
Well our offense is young and they will get better. You can always draft a TE and Oline but we need experience at OL. KJ Wright and Devin McCourty easily make this defense 5X better. Offense will get going once Bortles has a whole offseason to work.

hard to narrow it down but this free agent offseason could be a really big one. weve got a lot of money and there are some really good pieces that will be available.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

TE, LB, FS, OLine, DE, CB

Between FA and the draft we need to add talent at those 6 positions.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Yeah clean the OL with FA, Im thinking replace Beadles with Iupati and upgrade RT position with Joe Barksdale. Add a FS in Devin Mccourty and the rest through the draft. IDK how much money we really have but do we have enough to land at least these 3 players?

Quote:Well our offense is young and they will get better. You can always draft a TE and Oline but we need experience at OL. KJ Wright and Devin McCourty easily make this defense 5X better. Offense will get going once Bortles has a whole offseason to work.

I think you missed the point there.

I think we will have something like 40 millions to spend, right ?

RT Orlando Franklin (Broncos)

CB Byron Maxwell (Seahawks)

OLB KJ Wright (Seahawks)

DE Jerry Hughes (Bills)

Quote:I think we will have something like 40 millions to spend, right ?

RT Orlando Franklin (Broncos)

CB Byron Maxwell (Seahawks)

OLB KJ Wright (Seahawks)

DE Jerry Hughes (Bills)

Franklin now plays LG

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/depth-chart.html'>http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/depth-chart.html</a>

Joe Barksdale for RT and Mike Iupati for LG and Devin McCourty FS and if we have more room if we release POZ and Lewis we can sign KJ Wright LB, with those guys alone with some talent we have I think we would be good next year at least 8-8 or more wins because Bortles can shine but we need better protection. With better protection also benefits the run game and play action since. Adding KJ Wright will booster our LB corp and Devin can be FS and hopefully with him back there everything moves smoothly. Maybe we have a premier corner in Colvin and maybe Blackmon returns. I see nothing but good things going on since we have hit rock bottom

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2014, 07:24 PM by jakla86.)

Dez Bryant and Justin Houston.  If we got them both I would break-dance buck naked through Beverly Hills

There is no way Dez leaves Dallas. 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

Tyron Smith and JJ Watt. They may be the 2 best linemen on both sides.

Quote:Tyron Smith and JJ Watt. They may be the 2 best linemen on both sides.

I don't think either are free agents. They both just signed humongous deals

Quote:Dez Bryant and Justin Houston.  If we got them both I would break-dance buck naked through Beverly Hills

Dez wouldn't leave Dallas, but this is about who we would want so fair game. We probably couldn't sign him, but imagine Justin Houston playing LB and drafting Randy Gregory. Holy sacks!

Quote:I don't think either are free agents. They both just signed humongous deals

Oops... I think I missed the point of the thread, which is obvious now since I just read the title of the thread. Ignore me.

Quote:Dez wouldn't leave Dallas, but this is about who we would want so fair game. We probably couldn't sign him, but imagine Justin Houston playing LB and drafting Randy Gregory. Holy sacks!

They said this morning that Jerry's opening offer to Dez is 10 yr, 120 million with only 20 guaranteed.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Hmmm... Dez wanting Megatron money? I'm not even sure Megatron deserves Megatron money

When a WR demands that kind of money its time they walk. someone that is taking up a 10th of your cap space isn't worth it unless they are a factor in winning every game. You can get similar production out of cheaper WR. No thanks to Dez Bryant he can stay in Dallas.