Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Replacement short list for Bradley

(This post was last modified: 11-10-2014, 02:51 PM by Haterade.)

Gus will get 2015 & 2016. Whether he deserves it is debatable

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The guy who's currently on the second hottest seat in San Fran behind Harbaugh?
If you say so, yeah that guy.

Khan once said,  "God forbid, if Gus is not successful in football he will be in auto parts."

So, it is time for Bradley to start selling bumpers.   The sooner the better.  There is nothing he can do for the Jaguars.

His approach to being every players best buddy failed miserably.  

Quote:For me it's one person, Tom Clements, the Packers OC. Extensive QB development experience (GB, Pitt, KC), four pro-bowl QB, successful OC on multiple teams. (Clarification: Yes, Bradley's replacement).

It's not happening.  Stop hoping for it.  Again, not gonna happen.

Quote:For me it's one person, Tom Clements, the Packers OC. Extensive QB development experience (GB, Pitt, KC), four pro-bowl QB, successful OC on multiple teams. (Clarification: Yes, Bradley's replacement).
If he is so good why is he not calling the plays for GB?

Quote:He likes everybody.

lol, so true his name should be Mikey instead of Chucky

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

there is no way Chucky would ever be jags HC. he is happy being with Monday night football. he has said the only way he would even consider being a HC is with the Raiders, and even that is a very very  slim chance. If the jags were looking for a new head coach they should hire snowwolf776,oh wait that's me. I would turn the team around for sure, and we would spend some of our cap money too. its not the coaching though, its the schedleing the nfl gives out. Every year Jags get the toughest schedule out of all 32 teams in the nfl. we always have.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Bill Walsh

Quote:Bill Walsh
Zombie coach ftw

Quote:Tom Coughlin

He'll be available in about eight weeks.

It seems fitting that the oldest coach in the NFL should be in Florida (and the next oldest in Arizona).

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:He'll be available in about eight weeks.

It seems fitting that the oldest coach in the NFL should be in Florida (and the next oldest in Arizona).
Isn't the second oldest coach in Washington state?

I hope Gus can turn things around but if not I want whoever is the best candidate with an Offensive back ground.

For the "fire Gus" crowd, a point that's not made enough.

From Alfie:

Quote:Then there's the group of people who want and/or expect the Jaguars to fire Gus Bradley after this season. It's not happening. That would be nonsensical and a further step back. Consider everything that comes along with firing and hiring a head coach. The Jaguars would essentially be rebuilding all over again. You've either got to hire a coach with similar philosophies and schemes, or you spend a season re-doing every thing. You've got to find a coach who's on board with the quarterback you drafted and who's on board with the general manager in place.

Or you fire everyone after two years and start over again. Again.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2014/11/10/7185833/jaguars-bye-week-thought-dump-because-twitter-is-stupid'>http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2014/11/10/7185833/jaguars-bye-week-thought-dump-because-twitter-is-stupid</a>
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:For the "fire Gus" crowd, a point that's not made enough.

From Alfie:

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2014/11/10/7185833/jaguars-bye-week-thought-dump-because-twitter-is-stupid'>http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2014/11/10/7185833/jaguars-bye-week-thought-dump-because-twitter-is-stupid</a>

Yes, because changing the scheme always puts a team back a year (KC cough cough) (SF cough cough) (Indy cough cough). Alfie is far from the expert he believes himself to be.

Gus will not be replaced this offseason. However, it's fun to dream. I still daydream about how I'd spend my lottery winnings.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Not another promotion from coordinator. We must have an experienced guy.

Regards........................the Chiefjag

Quote:Yes, because changing the scheme always puts a team back a year (KC cough cough) (SF cough cough) (Indy cough cough). Alfie is far from the expert he believes himself to be.

Gus will not be replaced this offseason. However, it's fun to dream. I still daydream about how I'd spend my lottery winnings.

You just named 3 teams that had multiple pro bowl players on them despite the teams overall record. When you have the talent and you're not winning its fair to question the coaching and make the change. We don't have nearly the talent (or we have some talent and its just inexperienced) to come to the same conclusion that the other teams did.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:You just named 3 teams that had multiple pro bowl players on them despite the teams overall record. When you have the talent and you're not winning its fair to question the coaching and make the change. We don't have nearly the talent (or we have some talent and its just inexperienced) to come to the same conclusion that the other teams did.

So basically what you're saying is in edition to firing Gus, we fire Caldwell also, because lets face it, his drafts haven't really done much of anything at this point. 

I hate when people don't realize that teams that are absolutely terribad go from bottom of the barrel to playoffs nearly every single year. The Jags have literally never done that.. 2007 was the last time we looked good. No year after that was even halfway decent. This team has been a mess for so long, and the way it's going right now, it's not going to change anytime soon. After 1 1/2 years and 2 drafts + 2 off seasons, you'd surely think we'd be making headway. We're not even close to it. This team looks equally bad every single week. We're 6 games away from the end of the season, and if we continue playing like we are now til the end of the season, then something needs to be done in coaching. I'm all for keeping Gus one more year and changing OC's, but something has to be done. 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

Quote:

So basically what you're saying is in edition to firing Gus, we fire Caldwell also, because lets face it, his drafts haven't really done much of anything at this point.

I hate when people don't realize that teams that are absolutely terribad go from bottom of the barrel to playoffs nearly every single year. The Jags have literally never done that.. 2007 was the last time we looked good. No year after that was even halfway decent. This team has been a mess for so long, and the way it's going right now, it's not going to change anytime soon. After 1 1/2 years and 2 drafts + 2 off seasons, you'd surely think we'd be making headway. We're not even close to it. This team looks equally bad every single week. We're 6 games away from the end of the season, and if we continue playing like we are now til the end of the season, then something needs to be done in coaching. I'm all for keeping Gus one more year and changing OC's, but something has to be done.

I didn't say that at all. I said that the talent, at least the core part of it, is in place. Now we need that talent to mature. I'm sorry about what has transpired the past 5+ years BUT THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS REGIME. If we are having this conversation this time next year then clean house. But is it fair to pass judgement on a project halfway thru?

Quote:I didn't say that at all. I said that the talent, at least the core part of it, is in place. Now we need that talent to mature. I'm sorry about what has transpired the past 5+ years BUT THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS REGIME. If we are having this conversation this time next year then clean house. But is it fair to pass judgement on a project halfway thru?

Nearly 2 years complete into a rebuild and we're not showing any progress. Yes, it's definitely been long enough to pass judgement. I don't care how many years this team has been in a rebuild, there is a reason behind why we're not much farther along or in the playoffs by now. 

All the coaching staff that's been picked to run this team have been horrible picks. We haven't had a legit GM since I honestly don't even know. You can look at all the picks in the draft this year and last, and you can tell that hardly any of them are looking like they're making any progress whatsoever, including Bortles. 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

Im all in for getting a new OC and maybe a new DC but Gus runs the defense and we have seen flashes, with more experience one draft with free agency we will be much better. We honestly need a new Oline, they don't give bortles enough time to throw. We need a new LG and RT and thats good. Also a new OC would mean learning a new offense but i wouldn't mind it since its only been one season and getting a new OC with a different offense i think we would benefit from this. this time he would have the whole entire offseason to learn it. instead if just after the draft.