Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Replacement short list for Bradley

Quote:

Nearly 2 years complete into a rebuild and we're not showing any progress. Yes, it's definitely been long enough to pass judgement.
I don't care how many years this team has been in a rebuild, there is a reason behind why we're not much farther along or in the playoffs by now.

All the coaching staff that's been picked to run this team have been horrible picks. We haven't had a legit GM since I honestly don't even know. You can look at all the picks in the draft this year and last, and you can tell that hardly any of them are looking like they're making any progress whatsoever, including Bortles.

That's a flat out lie but if you don't want to see it I can't force you.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Yes, because changing the scheme always puts a team back a year (KC cough cough) (SF cough cough) (Indy cough cough). Alfie is far from the expert he believes himself to be.

Gus will not be replaced this offseason. However, it's fun to dream. I still daydream about how I'd spend my lottery winnings.

Exactly...  This is the fact.

It's a simple formulation of whether you believe the coaches are doing a good job.  If you believe they are, you keep them.

If you believe they are not developing the personel properly and/or they are not capable of getting you to the playoffs you fire them.

The argument that we shouldn't fire a coach because it means we have to start all over is a false choice.  You fire a coach because they are inept or incapable of what your expectations are.

(This post was last modified: 11-10-2014, 08:33 PM by AnyGivenSunday.)

Quote:That's a flat out lie but if you don't want to see it I can't force you.

That's fine, I'm obviously not even close to the only one thinking this way. At least I'm making valid points as to why this is just nothing but wasting time instead of just saying "JAGZ SUCKZ DA BIG ONE" and that's it. 

You can say we're making progress... yeah, you're right. We're 3rd in the league in sacks. Do you have any idea how bad that makes our secondary look? One year our secondary looks decent and the D line looks terrible, the next year, the D Line is crushing it and the secondary lets a million 50+ yard TD's. 

To say we're making progress is just reaching, we look decent in one area one week and look bad in several other areas a week later. This team is really bad. 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

Quote:Exactly...  This is the fact.

It's a simple formulation of whether you believe the coaches are doing a good job.  If you believe they are, you keep them.

If you believe they are not developing the personel properly and/or they are not capable of getting you to the playoffs you fire them.

The argument that we shouldn't fire a coach because it means we have to start all over is a false choice.  You fire a coach because they are inept or incapable of what your expectations are.

Exactly. Whether we have drafted the right players or they aren't being coached right is really up in the air. This team is making almost zero progress. In fact, the defense looked much better towards the beginning of the season than they do now. My god they could have had 15 men on defense against Dallas and not stopped anything. 

Quote:You just named 3 teams that had multiple pro bowl players on them despite the teams overall record. When you have the talent and you're not winning its fair to question the coaching and make the change. We don't have nearly the talent (or we have some talent and its just inexperienced) to come to the same conclusion that the other teams did.

The claim in Alfie's argument is that a team will lose a year when the coaching change involves a scheme change. If the players are good, this is not true as shown by the three teams I just (er) coughed out. Disagree?

If the players are NOT good, then
 of course changing coaches won't fix the problem. But keeping the same coaching staff isn't going to help either.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:The claim in Alfie's argument is that a team will lose a year when the coaching change involves a scheme change. If the players are good, this is not true as shown by the three teams I just (er) coughed out. Disagree?

of course changing coaches won't fix the problem. But keeping the same coaching staff isn't going to help either.

This statement makes it seem as if we haven't had the right players on staff for quite some time. I agree with that statement. Keep drafting turds, no coach can help them. Lee/Cyprien... both turds. 

(This post was last modified: 11-10-2014, 09:27 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:The claim in Alfie's argument is that a team will lose a year when the coaching change involves a scheme change. If the players are good, this is not true as shown by the three teams I just (er) coughed out. Disagree?

of course changing coaches won't fix the problem. But keeping the same coaching staff isn't going to help either.
Disagree. You examples cite the exception not the rule. Out of all of the coaching changes that happen at the end of each season, which could be as many as 8 or 9, one (1) will have a quick turnaround. And that's all dependent on the talent that's in place and the QB. Does that mean everyone else failed? No not at all.

When applying your logic to a team like Jax its very likely a new coach will cause this team to take a step back. This is a defense that is only ran by one other team in the entire league. The players that we have wouldn't fit in most other schemes, especially the defensive line. We've finally got a pass rush and we'll flush it down the toilet. The offensive line may need to be replaced if the new coach decides on going to a power blocking scheme, just as the line finally has started to "get it".
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Disagree. You examples cite the exception not the rule. Out of all of the coaching changes that happen at the end of each season, which could be as many as 8 or 9, one (1) will have a quick turnaround. And that's all dependent on the talent that's in place and the QB. Does that mean everyone else failed? No not at all.

Again, you're missing the point...

Changing for the sake of change isn't what should/would happen if/when Bradley gets fired.  

You fire a HC or a Coordinator based on the lack of production and the fact that they do not meet the expectations set forth of putting a good product on the field.

Not pulling the trigger because of some lame fear that we "will have to start all over" is a false choice used to distract from the underlying truth.  That truth being that the coach or coordinator are not capable of what is expected.

Once you realize that your coach or coordinator are not up to snuff, you make a change.  Doesn't matter what year of the process you're in...  

If Kahn doesn't fire Bradley after this year I hope it's because he's shown some improvement by the end of the year.  If Bradley doesn't fire Fish, man I hope we've seen some major improvement over the last 2 months....

Otherwise the front office has some serious issues with evaluating what's happening on the field.  And that would be cause for some concern.

If every rebuild could follow the same pattern, then it wouldn't be the rocket science that it is.

Problem is, no situation is ever identical.  You're never comparing apples to apples.  Ever.

I'd expect Khan and Dave to decide where we may need to make some assistant changes (ST, particularly), but Gus to be safe.

If they really want to accelerate the process of evaluating Gus, then use his feedback on the changes and hold him completely accountable for the results.  Give him the reins re: his staff, and see if he can get them to produce his vision.  That's his job.  It will be Caldwell's job to decide if that's what needs to be done.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Again, you're missing the point...

Changing for the sake of change isn't what should/would happen if/when Bradley gets fired.

You fire a HC or a Coordinator based on the lack of production and the fact that they do not meet the expectations set forth of putting a good product on the field.

Not pulling the trigger because of some lame fear that we "will have to start all over" is a false choice used to distract from the underlying truth. That truth being that the coach or coordinator are not capable of what is expected.

Once you realize that your coach or coordinator are not up to snuff, you make a change. Doesn't matter what year of the process you're in...

If Kahn doesn't fire Bradley after this year I hope it's because he's shown some improvement by the end of the year. If Bradley doesn't fire Fish, man I hope we've seen some major improvement over the last 2 months....

Otherwise the front office has some serious issues with evaluating what's happening on the field. And that would be cause for some concern.

Who's expectations? The fans or Khan's/Caldwell's? They very well understood it was going to be a rough go and that's why year 3 is going to be critical. But if it was up to the fans we should start the rebuild over again this season.

Quote:Who's expectations? The fans or Khan's/Caldwell's? They very well understood it was going to be a rough go and that's why year 3 is going to be critical. But if it was up to the fans we should start the rebuild over again this season.

Rebuild... yikes.

Big changes can be made with small moves.  It's up to Khan and Dave to get it right.

But yet another rebuild... that smacks of desperation and incompetence.  I don't believe either guy, is either of those.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Who's expectations? The fans or Khan's/Caldwell's? They very well understood it was going to be a rough go and that's why year 3 is going to be critical. But if it was up to the fans we should start the rebuild over again this season.

Obviously Khans and Caldwells...  What do you think the fans are gonna get input?  If they are listening to the Jungle, we're in HUGE trouble

Quote:Rebuild... yikes.

Big changes can be made with small moves.  It's up to Khan and Dave to get it right.

But yet another rebuild... that smacks of desperation and incompetence.  I don't believe either guy, is either of those.

Especially since 99.9% of the fans are not saying we have to rebuild.

Firing a HC or a Coordinator does not necessarily mean we must tear down and start again...

Oh and how bout Dungy taking over in Indianapolis and Gruden going to Tampa.  2 more examples of getting a new coach that could get a team over the hump.

Again, if the players have the talent but the coaching / game planning / development of the talent isn't there, then there's a solution to that...  

Quote:Nearly 2 years complete into a rebuild and we're not showing any progress. Yes, it's definitely been long enough to pass judgement. I don't care how many years this team has been in a rebuild, there is a reason behind why we're not much farther along or in the playoffs by now.

All the coaching staff that's been picked to run this team have been horrible picks. We haven't had a legit GM since I honestly don't even know. You can look at all the picks in the draft this year and last, and you can tell that hardly any of them are looking like they're making any progress whatsoever, including Bortles.

It is entirely untrue that we are showing no progress. We are several singular mistakes away from having 4 or 5 wins. We have improved.

I'm not okay with yesterday's game in the slightest...but we have gotten better. To deny that is just dishonest.

Quote:Especially since 99.9% of the fans are not saying we have to rebuild.

Firing a HC or a Coordinator does not necessarily mean we must tear down and start again...

Oh and how bout Dungy taking over in Indianapolis and Gruden going to Tampa. 2 more examples of getting a new coach that could get a team over the hump.

Again, if the players have the talent but the coaching / game planning / development of the talent isn't there, then there's a solution to that...

Changes in coordinators wouldn't call for major rebuilds. Changes in HC's would. How about this example:

Remember all those people who wanted Jason Garrett fired? Look at what patience has brought.

Quote:Changes in coordinators wouldn't call for major rebuilds. Changes in HC's would. How about this example:

Remember all those people who wanted Jason Garrett fired? Look at what patience has brought.

That's a good example...  If my memory serves me, the coordinators that are on that team now are not the same as he started with.  Matter of fact, from this article I found on the cowboys, they have changed thier coaching staff every year since Garret's been the HC...  http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2014/0...them.html/

I still have a feeling Gus may not be fired.  But if he's gonna save his skin he may very well need to dump 1 if not both his coordinators...  

Quote:For the "fire Gus" crowd, a point that's not made enough.

From Alfie:

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2014/11/10/7185833/jaguars-bye-week-thought-dump-because-twitter-is-stupid'>http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2014/11/10/7185833/jaguars-bye-week-thought-dump-because-twitter-is-stupid</a>

Can't stand Alfie. No one should take his word for gold. If you disagree with him, you're wrong. He's always right. Don't know how he's a columnist.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Hes a dude who believes in his opinion. I dont always agree with him but I dont see why people here dislike him so much. I enjoy Alfies work. 

Quote:Hes a dude who believes in his opinion. I dont always agree with him but I dont see why people here dislike him so much. I enjoy Alfies work. 

Everyone has thier own opinion.

It's my opinion that in this matter, his opinion is way off base and false.

Quote:That's a good example... If my memory serves me, the coordinators that are on that team now are not the same as he started with. Matter of fact, from this article I found on the cowboys, they have changed thier coaching staff every year since Garret's been the HC... <a class="bbc_url" href='http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2014/01/dallas-cowboys-shuffle-their-coaching-staff-but-how-much-can-this-help-them.html/'>http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2014/01/dallas-cowboys-shuffle-their-coaching-staff-but-how-much-can-this-help-them.html/</a>

I still have a feeling Gus may not be fired. But if he's gonna save his skin he may very well need to dump 1 if not both his coordinators...

I'm not sold on Babich at all and with recent news that Bradley has started handing playcalling I think he may not be around for next season.

I'm willing to give Fisch more time considering he's working with 2 (sometimes 3) rookie WRs, 2 rookie O-Linemen (3 counting Joeckel), a QB turned RB who looks like he's going to be good given more time, a TE who's more suited for a H-Back role and absolutely sucks at run blocking, and a rookie QB who's shown flashes, but like every rookie QB has struggled as well.

The ST coordinator Mike Mallory has got to go. ST coaches have been fired for far less than what has transpired this season. 3 blocked field goals, 2 blocked punts, and nonexistent punt returning and blocking.