Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A thank you from a UK NFL (Steelers) fan

This thread begs the question...

...how does a badger jam?

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I was thinking the same when I read the post. I'm starting to worry that perhaps folks in the UK may know something we don't in the states? God I hope not. Nice post though and interesting to learn that we actually have any kind of fan base in the UK.

I'm from the UK and I don't know anything else Smile

Quote:I was thinking the same when I read the post. I'm starting to worry that perhaps folks in the UK may know something we don't in the states? God I hope not. Nice post though and interesting to learn that we actually have any kind of fan base in the UK.

My worry is that the 4 game stretch in London will be extended for multiple years or permanently.  The worst part of the London game for Jaguars fans so far is that the game in London  has been  the most with marquee NFC teams.  Say what you want, but the Cowboys attract people and having them play at Everbank is an excellent reward for season ticket holders.  Same with the 49ers.   Question is: How long will we share the team with London and will the "London thing" be extended? 

Go Navy! Support our returning veterans!

I agree with you. When Khan announced the games in London I would have tolerated 2 home games and 2 away games but he took 4 home games away from the loyal season ticket holders. Additionally, I had signed a contract with him for another 3 years at a fixed price for 30 games just 2 months before the announcement. On the top of the contract it clearly stated 30 games at this price.

Lo' and behold, the organization was only giving us 27 games at that fixed price therefore the per game price just went up when he used the "same price as last year" sales pitch to season ticket holders for another 3 year commitment. So, I voided the contract and didn't buy in. Subsequently his subordinates tried to charge me $50 for cancelling my tickets.

I would bet he is definitely going to renew the London deal. Heck, he gets 80,000 tickets and the "big boy" recognition in London. He eats that ....... up !

Regards.........................the Chiefjag

Quote:This thread begs the question...

...how does a badger jam?
[Image: e7fbae3e-c706-4f98-9a91-ca8ef7071380-620x372.jpeg]

Khan hasn't threatened to move the team. Quite the opposite.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:I agree with you. When Khan announced the games in London I would have tolerated 2 home games and 2 away games but he took 4 home games away from the loyal season ticket holders. Additionally, I had signed a contract with him for another 3 years at a fixed price for 30 games just 2 months before the announcement. On the top of the contract it clearly stated 30 games at this price.

Lo' and behold, the organization was only giving us 27 games at that fixed price therefore the per game price just went up when he used the "same price as last year" sales pitch to season ticket holders for another 3 year commitment. So, I voided the contract and didn't buy in. Subsequently his subordinates tried to charge me $50 for cancelling my tickets.

I would bet he is definitely going to renew the London deal. Heck, he gets 80,000 tickets and the "big boy" recognition in London. He eats that ....... up !

Regards.........................the Chiefjag
I don't blame him for wanting to continue. He also said as much in a radio interview on Saturday (maybe it was Sunday). There are pros and cons, for sure, like anything.

;

Quote:Ha, I love how that managed to get past the obviously American profanity filter

Can we also say "tosser"? 

How about {bad word removed}?

Sweet.

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2014, 01:58 PM by Adam2012.)

Quote:I don't blame him for wanting to continue. He also said as much in a radio interview on Saturday (maybe it was Sunday). There are pros and cons, for sure, like anything.

Don't know if anyone caught Peter King's note about the NFL/London. Something about the NFL made about $11 million for each of the three games in London this year. He surmised that the Jaguars would have made about $6.7 million for a sellout game v. the Cowboys.

I think we can see why the London games are beneficial for the Jaguars. If there were many more "loyal STH" perhaps this wouldn't be needed, but I'm guessing this is going to continue for some time. Perhaps as a visiting team as well, although the financial benefits aren't as great.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Don't know if anyone caught Peter King's note about the NFL/London. Something about the NFL made about $11 million for each of the three games in London this year. He surmised that the Jaguars would have made about $6.7 million for a sellout game v. the Cowboys.

I think we can see why the London games are beneficial for the Jaguars. If there were many more "loyal STH" perhaps this wouldn't be needed, but I'm guessing this is going to continue for some time. Perhaps as a visiting team as well, although the financial benefits aren't as great.
The financial benefits as a visiting would be virtually none wouldn't it?

I still don't see it as a viable location for a franchise. The pros far outweigh the cons I think.

;