Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Caldwell - "Important to be patient"

but I think 2015, being the third year of the rebuild, and the rebuild being in it's third year after finishing it's second year and having not yet reached it's fourth year, but the third year of the rebuild.... then we will lobbist our 'holy hand grenade' at our foes, who being not, will be vanquished... amen.

I get my football inspiration from Monty Python....

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I love hearing his interviews. Just like other posters have stated, we all pretty much knew this was going to be a 3 year project. But some people are so quick to want success and just because the wins haven't come doesn't mean this team isn't showing improvement. It might not be the improvement most of us were hoping for but it's nice to see how a few draft picks seem to be planning out.

The same really can't be said for the drafts when Gene was around. If Dave can hit on a few more picks next year, then you can almost feel that this team will take the next step.

And another thing is that it's nice to see the Jags being competitive in the second half in most games this season. We couldn't say that last year when it was just constantly blowout after blowout. I love seeing the fight these guys have because that was nowhere to be found last year. It showed in the Cincinnati game this past weekend that they have fight in them.

Just like Dave said though, we need to have a little more patience because every team is different. Not every team can turn it around in one year. It'd be nice but it just doesn't happen that way all the time. It's tough to be a fan sometimes but I wouldn't have it any other way. Because the day these Jags start winning, I'll be right there rooting them on!

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2014, 04:09 AM by ukjag34.)

Quote:Its not that far of a stretch. Looking at this year we were a few handful of plays away from winning some of these games.

Eagles, Steelers, Cincinnati, Miami. We could easily be a 5-4 or 6-3 team just as easy as we are an 1-8 team. The only games that were completely out of hand were the Indy and Redskins game but Henne was still starting. Its all about cleaning up the mistakes and capitalizing on the opportunities that present itself throughout the game. If Bortles develops thru this season and the offseason this team will be on the fast track to relevance.
This +1

I also think you will see caldwell being more agressive in free agency this year now we have some real building blocks

i would not be surprised to see the big bloated.contract of lewis poz being aggresively restructured or cut out entirely to make room for one or two more bloated contracts

Quote:8-8 next year or staff is gone. DC has brought in talent, but if Gus and co don't utilize it, we need to find someone who can.

Next year, DC will finish building the roster, so we will have rookie starters again and some growing pains will continue. It also will be the first year Aaron Colvin participates in any offseason activities and presason practices. So we are still going to be on a rollercoaster. But I am optimistic about our chances of winning some more games and not earning an early 2016 draft pick.

Well this is good news in one aspect.  We will not accept this garbage next year.  If they are in the same situation next year, I expect heads to roll.  I think Caldwell is safe.  He's bought in some good players, and drafted a few good ones too.  I don't even think Bradley could motivate Khan with his Gus juice, if they don't start winning next year.

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2014, 09:54 AM by Cleatwood.)

Quote:Its not that far of a stretch. Looking at this year we were a few handful of plays away from winning some of these games.

Eagles, Steelers, Cincinnati, Miami. We could easily be a 5-4 or 6-3 team just as easy as we are an 1-8 team. The only games that were completely out of hand were the Indy and Redskins game but Henne was still starting. Its all about cleaning up the mistakes and capitalizing on the opportunities that present itself throughout the game. If Bortles develops thru this season and the offseason this team will be on the fast track to relevance.
It also helps that we are probably in the worst division in football.

Home Houston, Indianapolis, Tennessee, Miami, Atlanta, Carolina, AFC West*

Away Houston, Indianapolis, Tennessee, New England, NY Jets, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, AFC North*

London Buffalo

AFC west will most likely be Oakland so thats cool and the AFC North could be anyone really.

Today there is still hope. Tomorrow he might go down as the worst coach ever.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Why does there have to be a timetable for everything?

The Jags have the exact same record this year (1-8) that they had last year after 9 games (1-8).

This years 1-8 team is better then last years 1-8 team, but they have the same record.

Will the Jags match last years win total of 4 wins? Or will they finish with a worse record then last year?

The 2nd half of the schedule should be easier then the first half, but will that mean more wins?

We will know the answers to all these questions in the next 2 months.

In the meantime Jags fans, just stay patient for now.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Why does there have to be a timetable for everything?

A timetable is just a way for a team to "buy" time with its fans.

it doesn't really mean anything, because there will always be another timetable after this one.

What happens at the end of the timetable if the goal is not reached? They call it a setback and just set another timetable.

They usually only fire the coach when he wears out his timetable, with a few exceptions like the team that fires its coach after only 1 or 2 seasons, but that's very rare.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:I think the order of firing will go

Next year Jedd Fisch 

If the following year not 8-8 

Gus gets canned 

I think they give Gus 2 more years no matter what. Not saying I hope he isn't successful. I absolutely love Gus, we just gotta start seeing some wins now. 
I don't think there will be a change in OC...The players are just now catching on to the scheme, not to mention we are just getting players who can play the scheme..It would suck to bring in a new OC on the 3rd year of a rebuild and force the players to learn another offensive scheme and be competitive

Quote:This +1

I also think you will see caldwell being more agressive in free agency this year now we have some real building blocks

i would not be surprised to see the big bloated.contract of lewis poz being aggresively restructured or cut out entirely to make room for one or two more bloated contracts

+2...

I too see Caldwell being active in FA within the top tear. I envision Lewis returning given the struggles that we've had at the position since his injury. It's possible that Poz will return at an lesser contract BUT I feel that his replacement will come in the form of George or the 2015 NFL draft...

Time Will Tell...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:Why does there have to be a timetable for everything?

That timetable gauges the speed to which the success/nonsuccess is/isn't accomplished...

NH3...
"AZANE"

8-8 next year would be huge improvement.

We have the same problem we had in the Manning years at Indy. Andrew Luck is second to no one anymore. Bortles has a loonngg way to go to reach his level, if he ever does (I'm hoping). In the meantime, it's the wildcard spot we have to strive for. Next year is doubtful, but who knows.

Caldwell has been a success. We are competitive. And Bradley has a ton to do with that too.

All I know is, I love our team. Every player.. they have a boatload of heart, and every inch of every play I am in it with them. I just wish we could tackle a little better. And that BB's light would come on a little brighter. Hurns...man I love that kid, and D. Rob, A. Rob, bb, the whole D-line. We are way better than our record...just need to win a couple in a row so they can believe it themselves.

its not easy to win either when the nfl always gives you the toughest schedule in the nfl.  Look at all the playoff teams we play this year.  Eagles,colts,Ravans, the division games are always going to be tough,bengals,browns,redskins,steelers,cowboys,Giants can still get in playoffs. we always get the toughest schedule in the nfl. ALWAYS!!!!!!!!!!

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them.