Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bills @ Jaguars 2015 Wembley game

I find it odd that a team like the Chiefs who have no issues selling out a home game would give up a home game to London. Odd.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

With the Lions and Dolphins joining the Jaguars by going back to London for 2 or more consecutive seasons,  I think the thought process of the NFL is to test to see if these teams are building sizeable fan bases in the U.K.  If the league determines the answer is yes,  it's a step closer for the NFL to have a franchise based in London.

I plan to attend this one. I went to the 9ers game last year, there is no home field advantage. On third down everyone is just sitting there. Compared to the Bank, there is none!!

Quote:I find it odd that a team like the Chiefs who have no issues selling out a home game would give up a home game to London. Odd.

This might be an indicator that every NFL team has to be prepared to give up a home game in the next 10 to 15 years.

I don't blame the Chiefs fans for being upset about this.   From a Lions fan perspective,  it's a potential major break to play the Chiefs in London compared to the sea of red of Arrowhead Stadium.    The playing surface in Wembley Stadium is a major concern but I like the mid-season bye.  

Quote:I think it was the PFT article that left the impression that the Chiefs game would be an early morning game. I think the Chiefs' PR people said something about the game being a national game on FOX. If it were a 1:00 pm game it would be a regional game.

I just saw that article on PFT.

The greatest obstacle in the Lions-Chiefs game being a 9:30am ET game is it would be a 8:30am CT/ Kansas City time game.  The Chiefs fans that are already upset with their team losing a home game would be impacted even further by such an early start.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I find it odd that a team like the Chiefs who have no issues selling out a home game would give up a home game to London. Odd
They did it 1 or 2 yrs ago

I'm happy with the Jaguars game, but disappointed we are seeing the Lions and the Dolphins again. I'd hoped to see some sides we haven't seen before.

Still, my wife is happy because she follows the Dolphins.

Quote:This might be an indicator that every NFL team has to be prepared to give up a home game in the next 10 to 15 years.

I don't blame the Chiefs fans for being upset about this.   From a Lions fan perspective,  it's a potential major break to play the Chiefs in London compared to the sea of red of Arrowhead Stadium.    The playing surface in Wembley Stadium is a major concern but I like the mid-season bye.  

Yes, thats what I was thinking as well (your first sentence). 

I was unaware the Wembley field was poor. The Jags will have to endure 2 bad fields this year then, (just like last year I guess), this one and the field at Reliant Stadium. That one is especially getting a lot of criticism.