Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Wash retained as D.C.

Quote:Didnt we see how good he could be last year?? It's gonna be the same bend but don't break ,soft defense.. The same Defense that allowed teams to finish on them, instead of them finishing on teams. The same defense that stayed the same,and kept players like Ramsey,Gipson,Fowler stuck in certain roles...The same defense that ranked near the bottom in turnovers..

If you guys thinking this defense, is gonna be better, your wrong.. Only thing that might help, is if TC comes down and make suggestions, but that's a if..

That D was the opposite of your bend but don't break, "astute" observation. They didn't bend much at all, near top of the league in yards allowed, but they consistently broke, allowing way too many points. Once again, horrendous analysis by horrendous poster...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Poz is playing well enough to keep him out of ilb but Jacks good enough to just be on the field whenever even if it means keeping him out of his best position.

Jacks problem coming out was shedding blocks, and his strength was coverage. Hes had to do the thing hes weakest at regularly and not been put in position to cover much at all.
I didn't see much scenarios to where Miles couldn't shed blockers. As a matter or fact, I think he did a good job of doing so in 2016...

NH3...

"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2017, 04:00 PM by Jagwired.)

Pat Flaherty added as O-line coach.

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...e652ce0550

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:That didn't actually happen.

That was just a narrative created on this board by taking some of Gus's comments out of context.

A player was benched in favor of another due to performance. When Gus was asked about player x not starting on defense - Gus's answer was that he was a valuable contributor on ST. He simply didn't throw the guy under the bus as some wanted him to constantly do for some insane reason. He just said the only nice thing he could think of.

His meaning got twisted into "he's too valuable on ST to play on defense."

Ahhh I never knew that was created from a little twist on reality. Thank you.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Like I said, I'm not saying that there isn't potential, I'm just evaluating to this point.

I remember Marrone's first game as HC and people talking about how much more playing time he got (to be honest I was out of town for the holiday and was unable to watch the best game of the season). He had 0 tackles.

I know we can talk about scheme all day, but it's just hard to comprehend a guy that is such a phenomenal athlete and has the freedom to roam as a LB, even if it is limited somewhat by the scheme, not recording any tackles.

Like I said, I'm not making a final judgement. I'm not one of those people that believe you can take a snapshot of someones play early in their career and decide what kind of player they will ultimately end up being. I am just pointing out things up until this point that I find a little concerning.
That's reasonable.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Wash was stuck in Gus's scheme which did not allow for players to do anything but their assigned role...such as be in an assigned position, don't jump routes, just be where you are supposed to be et.al...This year I anticipate more of a read and react scheme

Did he say this ?? I'm just curious where can I find this information.. Was Jedd Fisch stuck in Gus's scheme as well?? Who really gets the credit for the defense improving? Was it coaching or the players?

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2017, 05:58 PM by Yo Boy.)

Quote:That D was the opposite of your bend but don't break, "astute" observation. They didn't bend much at all, near top of the league in yards allowed, but they consistently broke, allowing way too many points. Once again, horrendous analysis by horrendous poster...

I never stated they succeeded in that philosophy..They failed because they broke after they bent... Once again another jag fan that wants everybody to agree with everything they believe in..

Quote:I never stated they succeeded in that philosophy..They failed because they broke after they bent... Once again another jag fan that wants everybody to agree with everything they believe in..

Hey moron, go re-read what YOU wrote.

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2017, 08:59 AM by wrong_box.)

Quote:Did he say this ?? I'm just curious where can I find this information.. Was Jedd Fisch stuck in Gus's scheme as well?? Who really gets the credit for the defense improving? Was it coaching or the players?
The HC sets the scheme the assistants follow it so yes he was stuck in Gus's scheme...tweets and statements from the players said the rest...as for the rest of your post, time will tell

Quote:That didn't actually happen.  

That was just a narrative created on this board by taking some of Gus's comments out of context.  

A player was benched in favor of another due to performance. When Gus was asked about player x not starting on defense - Gus's answer was that he was a valuable contributor on ST.  He simply didn't throw the guy under the bus as some wanted him to constantly do for some insane reason. He just said the only nice thing he could think of.  

His meaning got twisted into  "he's too valuable on ST to play on defense."  

The answer was dumb and demonstrates just how far the previous coach pushed the player friendly needle. The answer in that situation is "X is playing better than Y right now, but we know he'll keep working to get more playing time and we'll make sure he knows how to improve." Basic stuff us plebes know that the last guy couldn't get right caused by a minset focused in the wrong place.

Thank diety that Amatuer Hour garbage is finally gone.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:The answer was dumb and demonstrates just how far the previous coach pushed the player friendly needle. The answer in that situation is "X is playing better than Y right now, but we know he'll keep working to get more playing time and we'll make sure he knows how to improve." Basic stuff us plebes know that the last guy couldn't get right caused by a minset focused in the wrong place.

Thank diety that Amatuer Hour garbage is finally gone.

Clearly, he took positivity to a new level.  

Unfortunately, it was a level that proved to be counter productive when motivating 53 men to compete against other NFL football teams. 

Glad we have some hard-nosed football guys running the show now.  I've never been one to really buy in to all the "culture" talk  -- but whatever "culture" there was in that locker room  -- it was too damn soft. 

@mike_kaye Interesting nugget from talking to NFL folks in Mobile: Expectation is that Wash will keep 43U. It's speculation but interesting. #Jaguars

Lol.

Quote:@mike_kaye Interesting nugget from talking to NFL folks in Mobile: Expectation is that Wash will keep 43U. It's speculation but interesting. #Jaguars

Lol.

Kill me now

Even if they do, eliminate the Big end.....serves no purpose anymore. But this'll be a big disappointment if the scheme remains the same

Quote:Even if they do, eliminate the Big end.....serves no purpose anymore. But this'll be a big disappointment if the scheme remains the same

What did you expect? What did we really change? I have been saying it all along.

Quote:What did you expect? What did we really change? I have been saying it all along.
I pass no judgement as I don't claim to know  everything. My mindset was just that with all the changes, I expected a 4-3 scheme based on his history of only 2 schemes but if nothing at all changes, i.e the DB's still play back and not attacking etc, it won't look good. Will have to be traditional for my expectation, with a package being the 4-3U 

90% of the 4-3s in the league are under so this means nothing. It being a 4-3u isnt the problem.

Quote:@mike_kaye Interesting nugget from talking to NFL folks in Mobile: Expectation is that Wash will keep 43U. It's speculation but interesting. #Jaguars

Lol.

So explain to all of us what this means in technical terms, since you find it funny.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:90% of the 4-3s in the league are under so this means nothing. It being a 4-3u isnt the problem.
Nope it's the players put into the positions by the coaches.

Fowler at "LEO"

a "Big End" instead of a pass rusher on the other side

Jack not on field....

Quote:Nope it's the players put into the positions by the coaches.

Fowler at "LEO"

a "Big End" instead of a pass rusher on the other side

Jack not on field....
fowler would be fine at leo if he was actually good at rushing the passer. But idk where else to put him besides slb but i dont think hes good enough to play in space and with all the nickel everyone plays hes basically a situational run stopper and pass rusher.

Jack needs to be inside. Thats the only way to get him on the field in a position that makes a difference. But poz makes that difficult.