Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So... Toby Gerhart

Quote:Gerhart hasn't been healthy most of the year.  This past Sunday was the first time where he finally started to look like he was getting back to 100%, and he looked like a different back in there.  That's a good thing, especially with DRob starting to emerge as a solid, consistent contributor in this offense.  It's a good 1-2 punch to have in the arsenal.  I always felt people were just dying to find an excuse to declare him a mistake.  He was never sold to us as a premiere feature back.  He wasn't expected to come in here and be this explosive big play artist.  What we saw this past Sunday was precisely why he was signed.  Having him healthy gives us a guy who is capable of making plays between the tackles, or in the passing game.  It's another weapon for Blake to rely upon.
Gerhart was sold to use as an every down 'work horse' back. He was to be our 'premier' running back, the guy who would be getting the majority of carries. 

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:He will run for a 100+ yards today.

It will be interesting to see what the reaction will be if he does...

While I agree that he has been disappointing so far, I would be delighted if he starts proving everyone wrong.

If Gerhart was the #2 in our 1-2 punch, who's #1?

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

It will be revealed "soon enough" if his lack of production right after the first game in philly was at least in part due to his injury. At the moment, he appears to be as close to healthy as one can be this time of year but I still think the OL stinks and that alone limits him and his style. DRob has a style that allows him to see something when nothing is there and Toby's style is that he "allows" his blockers to open holes and when they don't..............he's not nearly as good as DRob in making something out of nothing. We'll see but I suspect we should have opened this thread AFTER the game........not before it in evaluating Toby Gerhart.