Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So... Toby Gerhart

Quote:Sure, blocking makes a difference. But, as several people have already stated, he severely under performed the first few weeks.

Toby Gerhart = Fullback? Tight End? Offensive Weapon!  :yes:
This pretty much shores up what my first post in this thread states. People show their bright minds and high IQs fully on this board and it's absolutely mesmerizing. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Well, good ol' Slowby showed up yesterday and stunk it up. 2 downs to get 1 yard? And he FAILED!  Wallbash I take back my praise from the previous game.

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

Toby Gerhart is NOT the kind of runner that you will see brilliance after only a couple of touches. He MUST have the rock 1015 times per game to produce any kind of decent numbers. Unfortunately, he is not going to get that with DRob as starter. And..............Toby only has himself to blame for that. Forget being a starter on this team.........whatever he does from here on out will determine whether the Jags even want to keep him or not

Quote:Toby Gerhart is NOT the kind of runner that you will see brilliance after only a couple of touches. He MUST have the rock 1015 times per game to produce any kind of decent numbers. Unfortunately, he is not going to get that with DRob as starter. And..............Toby only has himself to blame for that. Forget being a starter on this team.........whatever he does from here on out will determine whether the Jags even want to keep him or not

1015 times a game? Seems like quite a bit

Quote:1015 times a game? Seems like quite a bit

I mean… WOW!  Is this a "Chip Kelly in an opium den" dream or what?  :teehee:

Hella tempo. 

Quote:I mean… WOW!  Is this a "Chip Kelly in an opium den" dream or what?  :teehee:

Hella tempo. 

That's a lotta 3 n outs there.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:1015 times a game? Seems like quite a bit
For those of you who type "everything perfect" on your own keyboards.......perhaps I should set the record straight so you can go about ridiculing others for not being as perfect as you. 1015 actually was meant as 10 to 15.

I like Toby but his vision needs improvement. I think he is at his best with screens. He really does a great job to get yards in open space. Denard is the best option for RB. He runs like Chris Johnson and share time with Jordan Toddman. Todd has speed and power. Toby has to stay in rotation or it will be readable. Toby is in (SCREEN) LOL.

Quote:For those of you who type "everything perfect" on your own keyboards.......perhaps I should set the record straight so you can go about ridiculing others for not being as perfect as you. 1015 actually was meant as 10 to 15.
Wasn't meant to be ridicule. Just humor.  It's true that many RBs often benefit from getting 10+ carries to find a groove and start producing. 

A healthy Gerhart might benefit from a scenario like that. I hope we don't have to play from behind on the scoreboard as much in the coming weeks so that we might see Denard get 15+ touches and Toby get 8-10.  I could see that being very productive against the Giants, Titans and Texans. I hope they run the ball a ton in those games.  Maybe not 1,015 attempts :teehee:  - but I could see Denard/Toby/Todman combining for 30 in one or more of those games. Those teams aren't stopping the run well. 

I vote we pick up the RB for Miami I saw last night.

He good.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Hey, atleast Toby isn't Trent richardson. 7 carries for 0 yards
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Hey, atleast Toby isn't Trent richardson. 7 carries for 0 yards

Wow. You'd think he could at least fall forward for a yard or two in 7 carries

Quote:I vote we pick up the RB for Miami I saw last night.

He good.

Duke Johnson?  I'd love to have him in Jacksonville, he's a hell of a back.  Smile

Quote:Wow. You'd think he could at least fall forward for a yard or two in 7 carries
And we didn't have to spend a 1st round pick on Gerhart. Optimism for the win!
No commercial messages in sigs

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2014, 03:12 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

If we give Toby the rock 1015 times per game, he could finish in the top 5 in Rushing Yards this year.

This got me thinking ...... Does one make the Pro Bowl if he carries the ball 60 times per game (960 in a year) and gains 2,250 yards for 2.3 yards per carry and breaks the season rushing yards record?

Quote:If we give Toby the rock 1015 times per game, he could finish in the top 5 in Rushing Yards this year.

This got me thinking ...... Does one make the Pro Bowl if he carries the ball 60 times per game (960 in a year) and gains 2,250 yards for 2.3 yards per carry and breaks the season rushing yards record?

Pretty sure that joke has been exhausted. Let's move on to something actually relevant or something actually funny. 

Blaine Gabbert was the best thing that ever happened to Mojo's running stats...

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Slowby gets another chance, oh so much fun! I say it's all a conspiracy.  Ninja

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

He's been running pretty good the last couple weeks. Running hard post injury. Hope he tears it up.

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2014, 01:01 PM by Jagwired.)

He will run for  100+ yards today.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.