Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What Cowboys fans are saying

What they usually say:

Cowboys are 6-2 "Yeeeeeeeeeeee Hawwwwww, ma HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS!!!!! BEST TEAM EVAH!!!!!!!"

Cowboys are 2-6 "............................"

Cowboys are 0-8 "Man, my Giants look good this year!!!!!!"

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:We beat Weedon last year. With Josh Gordon. We are better than a Weeden led Cowboys. We're actually better than most people think, or our record indicates. Just look at what Big Ben has done and what we held him to. Almost beat Dalton, could have beaten Tannehill who's team just shut out the Chargers.

When Bortles cleans up his game (we'll see a lot of improvement after the bye) we'll rattle off a few wins. Get out of here with that "can't beat a backup" nonsense.

Pretty obvious we are trending upwards even though our wins don't indicate a shift yet.

Quote:If we win with Romo starting it will be largely panned by the national pundits as a fluke because Dallas was looking at the bye with an injured QB.

We are Jaguars.
this...

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Quote:If you really feel that way then do us a favor and stop watching Jaguars Football because your opinion is incorrect. 
No. He is correct. You, on the other hand, are living in the land of 'de nile'.... and I'm not talking about that river over in Africa.

Quote:That's not a good attitude to have about your "favorite" NFL team.

I think we could beat them with a banged up Romo, let alone Weeden.
He has a realistic attitude about his 'favorite' team. You on the other hand are like an ostrich... apparently living with your head in the sand after being overdosed on teal colored tea.

Is it 'possible' that the Jag's could beat the cowgirls.... yes. Is it 'probable' that the Jag's will beat the cowgirls? Not likely. Even a less than 100% Tony Romo is better (this season) than Blake Bortles. I'm hoping that in the future (aka-next season) the gap will have closed significantly. I hope the Jag's win and beat the odd's... however, more often than not, experience will trump youth; and the cowgirls have more of it.

Quote:He has a realistic attitude about his 'favorite' team. You on the other hand are like an ostrich... apparently living with your head in the sand after being overdosed on teal colored tea.

Quote:No. He is correct. You, on the other hand, are living in the land of 'de nile'.... and I'm not talking about that river over in Africa.

I believe that "he" you are talking about is JW.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:TRAP GAME

Every game the Jags play is a trap game.

And so far all we caught them is once, with a few near misses along the way.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Being a Texan, I hope the jaguars smash the cowboys and end the talk of them being the best in the nfl. 3 straight victories over them would be sweet, even if the season hasn't gone as well as we hoped.

I actually like our chances against Dallas. I think we can run the ball on them, and I think we can slow down their running game a bit. Depends on who starts at qb.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Yeah, some of them said Tony Romo needs to play because Brandon Weeden sucks. What they don't realize yet is we are not even good enough to beat a backup quarterback.
Not good enough to beat a backup QB? Correct me if I'm wrong but I coulda swore we beat a team with their STARTING QB. I try to overlook your foolishness most of the time, but wow you're straight wrong with that statement.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

In all fairness, we did lose to backups Kirk Cousins and Charlie Whitehurst.

Quote:In all fairness, we did lose to backups Kirk Cousins and Charlie Whitehurst.

Career days, no?

I think we can limit Murray and Bryant on most plays, but the explosive plays will kill us.  Their D is hurting, so Bortles has a chance to break out.  

If you look at the last 5 games:

Steelers - always make rookies pay

Titans game - could be his best performance so far

Browns - very good defense

Miami - looks very strong and shut out the Chargers/Rivers

Bengals - very stout at home with a strong defense

Cowboys - hurting on offense and defense, break out game?

Quote:In all fairness, we did lose to backups Kirk Cousins and Charlie Whitehurst.
True. But we didn't prepare to play Cousins (no excuse by any means for that blowout) and had Whitehurst beat until our unspecial teams blew that game. My point is in the NFL anybody can beat anybody in any game. Show of hands of who thought the Rams would beat the Seahawks with their 3rd string QB. Statements like "we're not good enough to beat a backup QB" kinda sounds like trolling to me.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2014, 12:39 PM by David4499.)

Talked to a Cowboys fan.. They are licking their chops at a chance to get Romo some big numbers.

Todman takes one to the house.

Jags 13 Cowboys 27

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:If you really feel that way then do us a favor and stop watching Jaguars Football because your opinion is incorrect. 

Quote:We beat Weedon last year. With Josh Gordon. We are better than a Weeden led Cowboys. We're actually better than most people think, or our record indicates. Just look at what Big Ben has done and what we held him to. Almost beat Dalton, could have beaten Tannehill who's team just shut out the Chargers.

When Bortles cleans up his game (we'll see a lot of improvement after the bye) we'll rattle off a few wins. Get out of here with that "can't beat a backup" nonsense.

Quote:Amen, i agree with you and she need to take that attitude elsewhere because it makes her look weak not believing in our team. 

You are all misunderstanding my point. I know we are good enough to beat backup quarterbacks on other teams. In fact I said people are wrong about our inability to win at Tennessee when they said we can't beat Charlie Whitehurst. But the Cowboys have a lot of talent on offense, so even with Brandon Weeden, they scored 10 points in the second half against the Redskins to force overtime. It was Weeden, not Romo, who gave the Cowboys a chance to win it in the fourth quarter.

Quote:TRAP GAME
I know, right!  I sure hope we don't take Dallas too lightly.  :thumbsup:

I dont think they'll win, but it would be great if they would, I hate the cowpies with a passion.

Quote:Actually, we may have somewhat of a home field advantage, since we did the London thing last year, so most of our players probably know what to expect from the time change and how to adapt.  

[grasping at straws] 
Really?  You don't understand his point? 

Quote:Not good enough to beat a backup QB? Correct me if I'm wrong but I coulda swore we beat a team with their STARTING QB. I try to overlook your foolishness most of the time, but wow you're straight wrong with that statement.

If the Redskins can let Brandon Weeden lead a fourth quarter comeback to force overtime, just imagine what we can let him do.

Quote:Talked to a Cowboys fan.. They are licking their chops at a chance to get Romo some big numbers.

Todman takes one to the house.

Jags 13 Cowboys 27
Oh, well then.  If the Cowboys fans say so, we're done.