Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What Cowboys fans are saying

Here is Garrard destroying the Cowbows in 2010.  I wonder when Blake's first 4 TD game is going to be.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I went back to the Cowboys website and found a Jaguars fan who registered just to post about the game with the username AbidingDude.

Quote:<p style="font-size:15px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Jaguars fan here.  

<p style="font-size:15px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="font-size:15px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Only chance I see of the Jags being a threat in this one is if Romo doesn't play and the Jags are able to rattle Weeden into throwing picks. The Jags pass rush is getting home often lately.  This could also work if Romodoes play but the injury makes him skittish of pressure and he makes poor decisions. Less likely than the prior scenario, IMO. (For reference - Dalton threw two picks and was pressured fairly often on Sunday in Cincy vs the Jags - they had 2 sacks and around 6 pressures).

<p style="font-size:15px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="font-size:15px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">The corners in Jax are somewhat promising, but young and inexperienced and will certainly give up a big play or two. The Nickel is a backup safety that had a pick last week but was also burned by Sanu for a TD. They require help from the pass rush to be effective in most cases. The FS is not playing well, and TE seams with Witten/Escobar and over the middle intermediate passes will likely be open often. This - I feel  - will be too much for the Jags to overcome. 

<p style="font-size:15px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">The Jags have been hot and cold against the run. Murray should get 100 yds - but won't have a field day unless the Jags give up a big run or two with missed tackles/gap-fits. Very possible. 

<p style="font-size:15px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Basically - the Cowboys will need to make mistakes and the Jags rookie QB will have to limit his if this thing were to be an upset. 

<p style="font-size:15px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Here's to no injuries for both squads and a fun game to watch. Cheers.

I wonder how effective an injured Romo would be if he played on Sunday?

Will he be able to move around back there? Will he be in some discomfort?

Anything in the back area has to be risky if you are playing football. I read some where that he can't make it worse by playing, but who knows.

I would guess they won't announce the starter for the London game until the last possible minute.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/20...don-weeden

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

I'm guessing that if Romo does play, one good crushing sack and we'll see Weeden the rest of the game.

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Quote:I wonder how effective an injured Romo would be if he played on Sunday?

Will he be able to move around back there? Will he be in some discomfort?

Anything in the back area has to be risky if you are playing football. I read somewhere that he can't make it worse by playing, but who knows.

I would guess they won't announce the starter for the London game until the last possible minute.

Tony Romo said his back was sore after a nine-hour flight. During the team's walk-through and NFL Play 60 event he spent most of the time standing with a stiff back. He apparently would not play if the game was tomorrow with that report.

Can't make it worse by playing? How is that possible against the team that ranks #2 in sacks?

Quote:I'm guessing that if Romo does play, one good crushing sack and we'll see Weeden the rest of the game.

Depends on the severity and location of that crushing sack. He may be able to go back in later.

Quote:Here is Garrard destroying the Cowbows in 2010.  I wonder when Blake's first 4 TD game is going to be.

Thats what I want to see, listen to the Cowpie fans boo in disgust, music to my ears.  

Quote:Here is Garrard destroying the Cowbows in 2010.  I wonder when Blake's first 4 TD game is going to be.

HOLY CRAP,  the Jag were that good back then???  I had almost forgot it's been so long.

Quote:Depends on the severity and location of that crushing sack. He may be able to go back in later.

whats the nfl protocol on back concussions? did that change this year too?

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Tony Romo said his back was sore after a nine-hour flight. During the team's walk-through and NFL Play 60 event he spent most of the time standing with a stiff back. He apparently would not play if the game was tomorrow with that report.

Can't make it worse by playing? How is that possible against the team that ranks #2 in sacks?

I'm assuming they plan on doping him up real good prior to game day.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:whats the nfl protocol on back concussions? did that change this year too?

It is not a back concussion. He has two small fractures on the part of the vertebra that sticks out to the side, called the transverse process.

The NFL has no protocol for returning from spinal contusions because they usually are career-ending.

Quote:whats the nfl protocol on back concussions? did that change this year too?
Good question!  JDub, would you mind looking into this for us?

Quote:HOLY CRAP,  the Jag were that good back then???  I had almost forgot it's been so long.

Yep, there had some really good games back in the day. It was a lot of fun watching them when they played like that.

It's really a shame to see how far they have fallen as a franchise/team.

Mismanagement and very poor drafting has gotten them to this very low point.

Hopefully Gus and Dave are the 2 right guys to bring the Jags back to prominence.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:I'm assuming they plan on doping him up real good prior to game day.

That does not prevent the transverse process fractures from getting worse.

Quote:HOLY CRAP,  the Jag were that good back then???  I had almost forgot it's been so long.
The really sad thing is, that was 2010 when we bye and large sucked.  What we would do for that level of "suck" these days!  It's hard being a Jags fan!

Quote:It is not a back concussion. He has two small fractures on the part of the vertebra that sticks out to the side, called the transverse process.

The NFL has no protocol for returning from spinal contusions because they usually are career-ending.

how did you come across this information?

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Good question!  JDub, would you mind looking into this for us?

I don't need to look it up. When the spinal cord is bruised, the player is paralyzed from that point down. D6 probably saw it happen to Reggie Brown years ago.

Mike Sims and Marcedes were beasting in that game.  

Man, Garrard would hold those screens till the last possible millisecond, LOL. 

I remember that game well. Most of us thought it would be close and were surprised at the offensive uptick from our Jags. 

Quote:how did you come across this information?

Reading about cases of it happening to players.

Quote:That does not prevent the transverse process fractures from getting worse.

That's a risk they apparently may be willing to take. Romo's career could potentially end this Sunday with a bad hit....
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."