Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What Cowboys fans are saying

Quote:if we win, the narrative will be, "what's wrong with Dallas?"  Not, "Hey look at the Jaguars playing well."
this...

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote: I believe that "he" you are talking about is JW.
My pardon...

Quote:You have to be kidding me. Denver runs a 4-3 and that is where he went after getting cut. The Cowboys called it a financial decision to cut him.

not sure you even have a point to be made here.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Not sure you even have a point to be made here.

Why not?

Quote from CBS DFW...."Luckily, they play one of the worst teams in the NFL this week in the Jacksonville Jaguars...". This is not only the cowgirls line on us, but the thought of every single team we've played for some years now. Nevertheless... one day in the not too distant future (I hope) all this youth we have on our team that is presently a liability is going to blossom like the proverbial 'ugly duckling' and we will have a team of very talented, relatively young but experienced veterans who will make us legitimate contenders, and not just 'once in a blue moon' wild card contestants. I can see the Jaguars one day not too far from now becoming not only 'play off' contenders... but legitimate super bowl contenders! All because this franchise made the decision to take the hard road, the unpopular road, that would really hurt for awhile... but in the end the franchise will become a perennial NFL power to be reckoned with.

Yeah, right now everybody wants to kick us while we're down. But payback will be a [BAD WORD REMOVED]! 

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2014, 09:13 PM by Chuckd.)

Quote:Why not?
Ware is a fantastic player. Dude above does have a point. Ware was a 3-4 OLB until Kiffen took over. He got banged up and missed games. Del Rio plays a ton of 4-3 but that doesn't mean Ware is playing on 1st and second down, or playing with his hand on the ground on third down. With Von Miller opposite, you can do a lot of things.

This year tho I think he has 8 sacks in 8 games and is on pace for another 15-20 sack season, at 32-33 years old.
<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

Quote:Quote from CBS DFW...."Luckily, they play one of the worst teams in the NFL this week in the Jacksonville Jaguars...". This is not only the cowgirls line on us, but the thought of every single team we've played for some years now. Nevertheless... one day in the not too distant future (I hope) all this youth we have on our team that is presently a liability is going to blossom like the proverbial 'ugly duckling' and we will have a team of very talented, relatively young but experienced veterans who will make us legitimate contenders, and not just 'once in a blue moon' wild card contestants. I can see the Jaguars one day not too far from now becoming not only 'play off' contenders... but legitimate super bowl contenders! All because this franchise made the decision to take the hard road, the unpopular road, that would really hurt for awhile... but in the end the franchise will become a perennial NFL power to be reckoned with.

Yeah, right now everybody wants to kick us while we're down. But payback will be a [BAD WORD REMOVED]! 

If only that quote was from the one and only Woody Paige, it just might motivate something fierce inside of each one of the Jaguar players.

Might as well let them read it anyway, it can't hurt, nobody likes to be called "one of the worst teams in the NFL"

Everyone here knows TC would put it right up there on the bulletin board for all the players to see.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Ware is a fantastic player. Dude above does have a point. Ware was a 3-4 OLB until Kiffen took over. He got banged up and missed games. Del Rio plays a ton of 4-3 but that doesn't mean Ware is playing on 1st and second down, or playing with his hand on the ground on third down. With Von Miller opposite, you can do a lot of things.

This year tho I think he has 8 sacks in 8 games and is on pace for another 15-20 sack season, at 32-33 years old.

Ware is a full-time starting defensive end, so obviously he does play on first and second down with his hand on the ground.

Quote:Ware is a full-time starting defensive end, so obviously he does play on first and second down with his hand on the ground.
I had said.....In Denver he lines up sometimes with his hand on the ground, sometimes in a 2 point stance...etc.  They are mixing it up for him.  That hybrid 4-3 under they run.  

Quote:Ware is a full-time starting defensive end, so obviously he does play on first and second down with his hand on the ground.
"Ware is officially listed as a defensive end. The label is meaningless though. Sometimes the Broncos use a 4-3 front. At other times, they look like a 3-4. Sometimes their linemen line up head-to-head on offensive linemen. At other times they line up in the gaps between the linemen."

Quote:Of course I have watched him play. He was not awful against the Redskins.
But the Redskins are not a good team so I wouldn't use them as a good example.

Quote:I had said.....In Denver he lines up sometimes with his hand on the ground, sometimes in a 2 point stance...etc. They are mixing it up for him. That hybrid 4-3 under they run.

That's impossible. Because he's listed as a DE, he's only allowed to line up in a three point stance on every down. Surprised you didn't know that.

Same goes for when he was an OLB in Dallas. That means he always lined up in a two point stance outside the line or back, on every single down.

Yawn.
<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

Quote:But the Redskins are not a good team so I wouldn't use them as a good example.

We aren't a good team either, so what's your point?

Quote:The really sad thing is, that was 2010 when we bye and large sucked.  What we would do for that level of "suck" these days!  It's hard being a Jags fan!
I've decided to embrace the suck this season. There's nothing to be done for it so I figure I'll just embrace it. We can only go up from here. 

Quote:We aren't a good team either, so what's your point?
Saying Weedon was good against a crap team like the Redskins doesn't really say much about his ability as a player. It just means he was good against a crap team. 

Quote:Saying Weeden was good against a crap team like the Redskins doesn't really say much about his ability as a player. It just means he was good against a crap team. 

Think about who else is a "crap team" and therefore can lose to Brandon Weeden.

Quote:Think about who else is a "crap team" and therefore can lose to Brandon Weeden.
I know this one.....

Oakland!

In order to rebuild, you have to destroy.

Quote:We aren't a good team either, so what's your point?
Whats this "we" stuff? You're a Broncos fan....

Quote:HOLY CRAP, the Jag were that good back then??? I had almost forgot it's been so long.

Yeah we were actually one game from winning the division that year. Stupid clots.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:That's impossible. Because he's listed as a DE, he's only allowed to line up in a three point stance on every down. Surprised you didn't know that.

Same goes for when he was an OLB in Dallas. That means he always lined up in a two point stance outside the line or back, on every single down.

Yawn.

?

woosh