Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What Cowboys fans are saying

Quote:Think about who else is a "crap team" and therefore can lose to Brandon Weeden.
I get what you're saying, but it still doesn't make Weeden a good QB. I also believe in the Any Given Sunday theory so, for me, all hope is not lost regardless of who plays.

But that's just me.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm stationed at Fort Hood, TX. Currently deployed. And Cowboy fans fill my unit. It's safe to say they all think this will be a push-over easy game for the Cowboys with no worries as to Romo or Weeden. While I've not been able to watch a Jags game this year, I've stayed up for most of them (or at least till it's out of hand) and watch the play-by-play, as well as obviously reading everything I can. No one wants to believe we have weapons, a strong defensive front, and potential to win if a few things go our way and we limit the idiotic mistakes. I may possibly have a few bucks on the line for this one...

Oh, and a lot of "Jacksonville is the worst team in the league" and "they have a win?" Yeah... Um... Oakland is winless and 2 other teams have only 1, so please explain to me how we are so clearly the worst in the league? Lol

Quote:I get what you're saying, but it still doesn't make Weeden a good QB. I also believe in the Any Given Sunday theory so, for me, all hope is not lost regardless of who plays.

But that's just me.
I actually like our chances on Sunday. As long as we can stop the run, we should be ok. I think Bortles has a strong game and connects once to ARob, once to Hurns and once to Harbor.

Quote:Oh, and a lot of "Jacksonville is the worst team in the league" and "they have a win?" Yeah... Um... Oakland is winless and 2 other teams have only 1, so please explain to me how we are so clearly the worst in the league? Lol

However we do have the same record as the Jets, whose fans bought billboards to beg for John Idzik to be fired. We are only one win better than Oakland.

Quote:I actually like our chances on Sunday. As long as we can stop the run, we should be ok. I think Bortles has a strong game and connects once to ARob, once to Hurns and once to Harbor.

Stopping the run is what we could not do at Cincinnati. DeMarco Murray is the best RB in the NFL this season, so I don't know how we can stop him without Poz.

Quote:That's impossible. Because he's listed as a DE, he's only allowed to line up in a three point stance on every down. Surprised you didn't know that.

Same goes for when he was an OLB in Dallas. That means he always lined up in a two point stance outside the line or back, on every single down.

Yawn.
How is it impossible when they run a hyrbid?  They switch back and forth from 4-3 to 3-4.  Look it up.  

Quote:That's impossible. Because he's listed as a DE, he's only allowed to line up in a three point stance on every down. Surprised you didn't know that.

Same goes for when he was an OLB in Dallas. That means he always lined up in a two point stance outside the line or back, on every single down.

Yawn.
Here you go...

DeMarcus Ware said he feels "better than I did the last two years going into the season."
"Stronger, faster. I feel flexible," Ware added. The 32-year-old has dropped weight after playing around 270 pounds last season as a defensive end. He's still going to play end for the Broncos, but expects to be in more two-point stances as an edge rusher in Denver. Ware has also been dabbling in an eastern medicine technique called "cupping," where he lies flat on his stomach and puts a bunch of empty jars on his back. A hot flame is put in them, and it supposedly "sucks that bad blood out" of your pores. Whatever works for ya, DeMarcus.

Quote:The Jaguars can also lose to Brandon Weeden. If you don't believe that, you have not been watching the Cowboys. I watch Dallas every chance I get to root against them, so I do know as a fact Weeden is good enough there to beat a bad team.

Well we beat Weeden last year so I don't get your point.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Well we beat Weeden last year so I don't get your point.

This year Weeden has better receivers to throw to.

Quote:I'm stationed at Fort Hood, TX. Currently deployed. And Cowboy fans fill my unit. It's safe to say they all think this will be a push-over easy game for the Cowboys with no worries as to Romo or Weeden. While I've not been able to watch a Jags game this year, I've stayed up for most of them (or at least till it's out of hand) and watch the play-by-play, as well as obviously reading everything I can. No one wants to believe we have weapons, a strong defensive front, and potential to win if a few things go our way and we limit the idiotic mistakes. I may possibly have a few bucks on the line for this one...
First of all thank you for your service, secondly I grew up in Texas near Hood I know what Cowboy fandom is first hand and as a reformed one I can tell you that not one of their fans are taking us seriously at all, so yes watching silver and blue tears flow would be a highlight to this season
A good loser is a good loser

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2014, 10:46 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:This year Weeden has better receivers to throw to.

Not really. Josh Gordon is easily a top 5 WR (who had a 200+ yard career day against Jax). Jordan Cameron is a top 5 TE. Again Weeden is beatable regardless of weapons.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2014, 11:01 AM by blueberryicedcoffee.)

Quote: As long as we can stop the run, we should be ok. 

Damn, if only those teams we beat had thought of that.

What Cowboys fans are saying on dallascowoys.com is that it's pretty much "any given Sunday", and the Jags could win. I've seen your DL, and I am worried about Romo. We're also saying on DC.com that we should rest Rolando McClain this week because we need that crazy mother down the stretch.

What us crazy folks on Cowboyszone are talking about is how JFF may be traded to Dallas. 

Quote:That's a risk they apparently may be willing to take. Romo's career could potentially end this Sunday with a bad hit....

i find myself agreeing with you almost daily

we are top 5 in sacks in the nfl

even with that line at some point romo is going to get hit which could end his season which ends the playoff charge but the cowboys really need a win with the eagles 6-2

If im garrett im suiting romo up but putting weeden in and if he sucks running a conservative game to keep it close then putting romo in in the 4th to try win it

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2014, 11:32 AM by CowJag.)

Quote:i find myself agreeing with you almost daily

even with that line at some point romo is going to get hit which could end his season which ends the playoff charge but the cowboys really need a win with the eagles 6-2

If im garrett im suiting romo up but putting weeden in and if he sucks running a conservative game to keep it close then putting romo in in the 4th to try win it
Romo is practicing and they are saying he is ok.  The injury he suffered against Washington was not related to the back surgery he had. Then again, what else would we expect them to say?  I expected more from Weeden last week.  They will feed Murray as expected.  Watch out for T. Williams.  Also, Beasley and Escobar should get into the action.  And of course...you can't forget about Witten and Dez.  

Medically speaking, I am shocked that Romo is about to suit up against the Jags. 

For the record- I still think its 100% a smokescreen and they plan on getting D Murray 50 touches. 

Quote:Romo is practicing and they are saying he is ok.  The injury he suffered against Washington was not related to the back surgery he had. Then again, what else would we expect them to say?  I expected more from Weeden last week.  They will feed Murray as expected.  Watch out for T. Williams.  Also, Beasley and Escobar should get into the action.  And of course...you can't forget about Witten and Dez.  

Beasley should have been involved last week, but dang flabbit, I think Weeden pre-determined his target before he broke the huddle. He forced throws that weren't there. Look at this. There goes the Bease, wiiiidddeee open across the middle.

[Image: LegitimateDecimalCapeghostfrog.gif]

Quote:i find myself agreeing with you almost daily

From what I have read, the injury that Romo suffered isn't a structural type injury that would put anything at risk.  It's ultimately more of a pain management issue than anything else.  He's not going to make the injury worse by playing.  He's simply going to have to deal with the pain.  There's no needle that's going to alleviate the pain of a broken bone, and I doubt they give him pills to deal with the pain because that would impact his play in general.  I'm sure they'll evaluate his situation pretty steadily throughout the day and during the game on Sunday, and if it appears he's unable to make the plays, he'll get pulled. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Doesn't matter JW.  If you're a Jaguar fan, you never root for a loss.
what about the "die hard" fans who call for tanking the season just for the first pick of the draft? there are quite a few on this very board who advocate intentionally losing to secure a high draft pick, are they not fans either?

Quote:From what I have read, the injury that Romo suffered isn't a structural type injury that would put anything at risk.  It's ultimately more of a pain management issue than anything else.  He's not going to make the injury worse by playing.  He's simply going to have to deal with the pain.  There's no needle that's going to alleviate the pain of a broken bone, and I doubt they give him pills to deal with the pain because that would impact his play in general.  I'm sure they'll evaluate his situation pretty steadily throughout the day and during the game on Sunday, and if it appears he's unable to make the plays, he'll get pulled. 

His back was so stiff Tuesday he could barely move during a walkthrough. That is more than just a pain issue and looks to me like even with a shot for pain, he could have some problems.