Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What Cowboys fans are saying

Quote:What about the "die hard" fans who call for tanking the season just for the first pick of the draft? There are quite a few on this very board who advocate intentionally losing to secure a high draft pick, are they not fans either?

Right, I never think they are not Jaguars fans. I just think it is stupid to want the Jaguars to get a high draft pick by losing instead of trading up.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:His back was so stiff Tuesday he could barely move during a walkthrough. That is more than just a pain issue and looks to me like even with a shot for pain, he could have some problems.
An orthopedic surgeon who is familiar with the issue says differently, but I'll take your viewpoint under consideration.  The fact that he's practicing, and that he's expected to start pretty much shoots down your argument.  It's not posturing on the part of Dallas.  They expect him to start.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Beasley should have been involved last week, but dang flabbit, I think Weeden pre-determined his target before he broke the huddle. He forced throws that weren't there. Look at this. There goes the Bease, wiiiidddeee open across the middle.

[Image: LegitimateDecimalCapeghostfrog.gif]
Your right...my 15 year old son was even pointing that out.  I expected a decent game from Weeden, but he was horrible.  Even that Skins game....those rooke corners did a good job.  Turnovers killed them...  I am looking forward to this Jags game.  Will be fun looking for positives from both teams.  Curious to see how Dallas' line holds up against the Jags pass rush.  And looking forward to see how Bortles will do.  I am no expert but I have a feeling he will play his best game of the season this Sunday.  Just a gut feeling.

Quote:An orthopedic surgeon who is familiar with the issue says differently, but I'll take your viewpoint under consideration. The fact that he's practicing, and that he's expected to start pretty much shoots down your argument. It's not posturing on the part of Dallas. They expect him to start.

But did they say he had no problems in practice? On Wednesday he did not even go to practice. On Thursday he was limited in practice. Today he was a full participant in practice. So it definitely has improved a lot throughout the week and he is more mobile now. However, that does not mean everything is fine because if we keep hitting him hard all day, he may need to take a break when the Cowboys are on offense.

Quote: 

<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">I found an official Cowboys vs. Jaguars thread on the team website, but most of it is about Tony Romo vs. Brandon Weeden to start Sunday.

I will post more when that thread gets a little longer.

</div>
If the Cowboys rely soley on the run, the Jaguars Defense will hold Dallas to under 10 points and thus win the game (if Bortles doesnt turnover the ball too many times)...

If the Cowboys do a slight mixture with Romo 10 to 20 points but if Romo or backup QB throws most of the game 20 + points and Dallas wins the game.

Even if Romo plays I would fully expect the Cowboys to lean on the run game to win it for them and to take it out of Romo's hands. Stop the run and we'll have a chance.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:From what I have read, the injury that Romo suffered isn't a structural type injury that would put anything at risk.  It's ultimately more of a pain management issue than anything else.  He's not going to make the injury worse by playing.  He's simply going to have to deal with the pain.  There's no needle that's going to alleviate the pain of a broken bone, and I doubt they give him pills to deal with the pain because that would impact his play in general.  I'm sure they'll evaluate his situation pretty steadily throughout the day and during the game on Sunday, and if it appears he's unable to make the plays, he'll get pulled. 

So you are saying that the Jags need to bring the pain on Sunday?

I like it and I approve.

Come on Jags "BRING THE PAIN ON SUNDAY"

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote: So you are saying that the Jags need to bring the pain on Sunday?

I like it and I approve.

Come on Jags "BRING THE PAIN ON SUNDAY"

I am confident we will bring on the pian. Remember that MNF game against the Steelers we won 9-0? Several Jaguars players aimed directly at the right side of Big Ben's lower abdomen (the site of a recent surgery)  and when they did, he got up grimacing. Priceless.

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2014, 05:18 PM by C'MON JAGS.)

Quote:I am confident we will bring on the pian. Remember that MNF game against the Steelers we won 9-0? Several Jaguars players aimed directly at the right side of Big Ben's lower abdomen (the site of a recent surgery)  and when they did, he got up grimacing. Priceless.

Not bring on the "pian"

BRING ON THE PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave the "pian" back home.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Not bring on the "pian"

BRING ON THE PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave the "pian" back home.

BRING ON THE PAIN!

With our defensive line being #2 in sacks, the only way we don't bring on the pain is they have a great offensive line.

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2014, 05:43 PM by Cleatwood.)

Quote:BRING ON THE PAIN!

With our defensive line being #2 in sacks, the only way we don't bring on the pain is they have a great offensive line.
Lol I believe they have the best OLine in all of football. Have you seen the holes Murray gets?

Quote:LOL I believe they have the best O Line in all of football. Have you seen the holes Murray gets?

That is just run blocking. I am talking about pass blocking.

Quote:That is just run blocking. I am talking about pass blocking.

They won't need to pass if they run the ball like they normally do.

Quote:They won't need to pass if they run the ball like they normally do.

Yes they do. "Like they normally do" is not three yards and a cloud of dust. They always mix it up and have a good pass/run ratio.

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2014, 09:39 PM by continuous.)

Quote:However we do have the same record as the Jets, whose fans bought billboards to beg for John Idzik to be fired. We are only one win better than Oakland.

So can u be Oaklandwoman?

Quote:So can u be Oaklandwoman?

Of course not. Broncos fans don't root for the Raiders.

Quote:Of course not. Broncos fans don't root for the Raiders.

god, i wish you would just stop posting.

i thought about blocking you, but then im pretty sure i wouldnt see what people are replying to when they reply to your post that just make no sense.

are you also signed up for the broncos message board?

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:God, I wish you would just stop posting.

I thought about blocking you, but then I'm pretty sure I wouldn't see what people are replying to when they reply to your post that just make no sense.

Are you also signed up for the Broncos message board?

If you block me, you will see any post that someone else quoted in his reply. Just let me know if you do so I don't waste time replying to you.

I stopped going to the Broncos board when Kyle Orton was the quarterback. One poster I saw over there was Jagwired'd.

Quote:But did they say he had no problems in practice? On Wednesday he did not even go to practice. On Thursday he was limited in practice. Today he was a full participant in practice. So it definitely has improved a lot throughout the week and he is more mobile now. However, that does not mean everything is fine because if we keep hitting him hard all day, he may need to take a break when the Cowboys are on offense.
FYI Romo hasn't practiced on a Wednesday all season.  

Quote:Lol I believe they have the best OLine in all of football. Have you seen the holes Murray gets?
The key is getting Free and Leary back.  Free has been out a few weeks and Leary was injured 2 weeks ago.  The line sputtered a bit while they were out.