Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
London Week Injury Updates

Quote:What Gus means is that Sherrod Martin came in and played way better at Nickel :teehee:

sanu abused him most of the game but thats fair enough for a rookie in his first start against a white hot receiver with no safety help and he came back very well for the pick

The potential of a youthful group of gratz colvin mccray ball and martin probably means blackmon wont be with us next year

Depending on how colvin turns out add a free safety and that could be our future secondary

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:sanu abused him most of the game but thats fair enough for a rookie in his first start against a white hot receiver with no safety help and he came back very well for the pick

The potential of a youthful group of gratz colvin mccray ball and martin probably means blackmon wont be with us next year

Depending on how colvin turns out add a free safety and that could be our future secondary

Martin is a 6th year vet. (2nd round pick in 2009)  He didn't play last year after a major knee injury/surgery/rehab, but spent 4 years with the panthers. 

He's a safety  playing nickel after the Blackmon injury (and poor play.)  Nonetheless - with the number of young corners on the roster - one of them will likely take over nickel when they are all healthy and a but more seasoned. 

Between Ball (if he is re-signed) , McCray, Gratz, Harris and Colvin - there is probably a future nickel back on the roster.   As you suggest, Blackmon may be gone next year and if a good FS can be had, this secondary is looking good for the future. 

Martin could end up as depth at safety or be on his way with Blackmon next year IMO. 

Tony Romo update: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...rt-remains

Quote:<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">Romo told reporters in London that his injured back fared well on the long flight, but that there will be some obvious discomfort he needs to play through.

<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);"> 

<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">Romo did not move much during a walk-through practice that followed.

Quote:Martin is a 6th year vet. (2nd round pick in 2009) He didn't play last year after a major knee injury/surgery/rehab,

You know what ive confused him with craig loston. ... Derp... Got a bit excited at the idea of another young up and coming player in the secondary

may well boil down to who us cheapest between ball blackmon and martin then

Quote:sanu abused him most of the game but thats fair enough for a rookie in his first start against a white hot receiver with no safety help and he came back very well for the pick

Abused? I can't say I agree with that. Sanu had 4 catches for 95 yards and a TD but if you take a closer look I don't think Sherrod played as bad as the stats make it appear:

Q1: 7:00 - Sherrod defends a pass intended for Sanu

Q2: 11:54 - Sanu catches 19yd TD vs Sherrod. He got beat on this one no doubt. Evans should have had him down at about the 5 but credit to Sanu for beating Sherrod.

Q2: 6:34 - Sanu catches a 33yd pass with Sherrod in trail coverage. He gets beat again but I think you can make a strong argument for Sherrod being in good position and that Evans was late to help over the top. Overall, I personally can't fault Sherrod for this one too much, he was right with him, it was just a great throw.

Q3: 12:27 - Sanu catches 36 yard pass vs JT Thomas and Josh Evans. Sherrod not involved

Q3: 7:48 - Sanu catches 7 yard pass. I can't tell if Telvin Smith or JT Thomas was culpable. Either way, Sherrod not involved.

Q3: 5:00 - Sherrod INT on pass intended for Sanu.

So of 4 plays Sherrod covered Sanu on which he was thrown at, he had a PBU, an INT, allowed a 19 yard TD, and a 33 yard reception. Also, while Sherrod is a veteran, I believe it was his first start at nickel. I can live with that.

Quote:Abused? I can't say I agree with that. Sanu had 4 catches for 95 yards and a TD but if you take a closer look I don't think Sherrod played as bad as the stats make it appear:

...So of 4 plays Sherrod covered Sanu on which he was thrown at, he had a PBU, an INT, allowed a 19 yard TD, and a 33 yard reception. Also, while Sherrod is a veteran, I believe it was his first start at nickel. I can live with that.
First start at nickel since 2009 if I'm not mistaken. He played around 6 games for them at nickel when their guy got hurt. Had three picks as a rookie doing it as well. 

Strike that. He played nickel in preseason for them - ended up starting at FS for them and that's where he got the picks. 

Quote:Abused? I can't say I agree with that. Sanu had 4 catches for 95 yards and a TD but if you take a closer look I don't think Sherrod played as bad as the stats make it appear:

Q1: 7:00 - Sherrod defends a pass intended for Sanu

Q2: 11:54 - Sanu catches 19yd TD vs Sherrod. He got beat on this one no doubt. Evans should have had him down at about the 5 but credit to Sanu for beating Sherrod.

Q2: 6:34 - Sanu catches a 33yd pass with Sherrod in trail coverage. He gets beat again but I think you can make a strong argument for Sherrod being in good position and that Evans was late to help over the top. Overall, I personally can't fault Sherrod for this one too much, he was right with him, it was just a great throw.

Q3: 12:27 - Sanu catches 36 yard pass vs JT Thomas and Josh Evans. Sherrod not involved

Q3: 7:48 - Sanu catches 7 yard pass. I can't tell if Telvin Smith or JT Thomas was culpable. Either way, Sherrod not involved.

Q3: 5:00 - Sherrod INT on pass intended for Sanu.

So of 4 plays Sherrod covered Sanu on which he was thrown at, he had a PBU, an INT, allowed a 19 yard TD, and a 33 yard reception. Also, while Sherrod is a veteran, I believe it was his first start at nickel. I can live with that.

No no no. This itype of breakdown and logic is not allowed.

If another player produces it means the opposing player is terrible, god-awful, and must be cut immediately, especially our players. Even rookies.

If it is Calvin Johnson, Aj Green, or even Jerry Rice, if they have 4 catches for 65 yards, that is getting toasted.

You act like the opposition gets paid as well.

Next you're going to tell me the much maligned Rasheed Mathis is starting for the #1 defense in the league.

I wouldn't say Sanu abused anyone. 

I'll be honest, Dalton made some absolutely perfect throws to make some of those longer completions. The coverage was there....the ball was just place perfectly. Nothing you can do about that except tip your cap to the opponent for making a great play. People have to remember, theres 2 teams out there on that field. Sometimes the opponent makes a great play and it wasn't to any fault of the Jaguars defender. There's certainly other Jags defenders that made legit gaffe's on Sunday to cite, rather than the coverage on Sanu. 

It seems i shall be all over the shop in this thread though in my defense without rewatching a game you make your impression based upon the plays you remember which tend to be the big ones

you also chat discuss and down copious quantities of a beautiful intoxicant during the process

i remembered 3 plays

the td where martin was abused

the 33 yard which though a beautiful throw i felt at the time sanu had 2 steps on martin during the process and i think martin closed as sanu slowed to locate the ball making his coverage look better than it was lets call it a light molestation and the interception which was very impressive

Nevertheless if you have rewatched the game ill certainly back down

withdrawn

Are any Baylor fans here? QB Bryce Petty has some advice for Tony Romo: "You can't play timid." He also talked about being a QB with 2 transverse process fractures - the same diagnosis Romo got. From the CFB 24/7 section on NFL.com:

Quote:"As a quarterback, it would be tough because of the rotation -- that's what gets you," Petty told CFB 24/7. "It's not so much the vertebrae itself as much as it is the muscles around them. That's what you rotate with. It is extremely tough to play like he's trying to play, if he's trying to play in London. Trying to get back is tough. I did come back against Buffalo, but I could still feel it on certain throws."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ing-sunday

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2014, 12:46 PM by knarnn.)

Bortles has sprained non throwing wrist, expected to be ok.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://m.nbcsports.com/content/blake-bortles-has-sprained-left-wrist-expects-be-fine-sunday'>http://m.nbcsports.com/content/blake-bortles-has-sprained-left-wrist-expects-be-fine-sunday</a>
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2014, 12:50 PM by knarnn.)

Per rotoworld:

Quote:

Marqise Lee hurts ankle in practice

Marqise Lee | JAC

(November 5, 2014 10:45 AM EST)

Marqise Lee (ankle) was limited in Wednesday's practice.

Lee hurt his ankle during Wednesday's session. He played just seven snaps in Week 9 and is well behind Allen Robinson, Cecil Shorts, and Allen Hurns on the depth chart. Prone to injury as a rookie, Lee is well off the re-draft radar.

SOURCE:

JOHN OEHSER ON TWITTER

Cecil Shorts battling hamstring tightness

Cecil Shorts | JAC

(November 5, 2014 10:48 AM EST)

Cecil Shorts (hamstring) was limited in Wednesday's practice.

Shorts is again battling hamstring tightness. It's always a concern with him. Averaging a meager 9.1 YPR this season, Shorts has slotted in as a low-upside WR4. Allen Robinson and Allen Hurns are the big-play threats for the Jaguars.

SOURCE:

JOHN OEHSER ON TWITTER

"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Bortles has sprained non throwing wrist, expected to be ok.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://m.nbcsports.com/content/blake-bortles-has-sprained-left-wrist-expects-be-fine-sunday'>http://m.nbcsports.com/content/blake-bortles-has-sprained-left-wrist-expects-be-fine-sunday</a>

But NYC said the right one hurt.

Good news: Tony Romo did not practice.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...-wednesday

Quote:Tony Romo went through a brief walk through in London on Wednesday morning but did not practice. He spent that time back at the Cowboys' hotel receiving treatment on his injured back.

Now time for the official Jaguars practice reports . . .

QB Blake Bortles Left Wrist FP

DE Andre Branch Groin DNP

FS Josh Evans Shoulder LP

LB Jeremiah George Ankle DNP

WR Marqise Lee Ankle LP

TE Marcedes Lewis Ankle FP

RG Brandon Linder Shoulder DNP

DB Sherrod Martin Shoulder LP

WR Cecil Shorts Hamstring LP

LB Dekoda Watson Hamstring FP

Note: Aaron Colvin fully practiced for the first time, but is not on the active roster yet.

I was surprised to not see IR on the Lewis line. He is still ineligible until November 23.

Shorts and Lee had setbacks in practice.

http://espn.go.com/blog/jacksonville-jag...n-practice

Quote:O'Halloran reported that Lee suffered a sprained ankle and Shorts left practice because he experienced tightness in his hamstring. 

Ace better step his game up if Lee and Shorts are out... again
No commercial messages in sigs

@HaysCarlyon: Linder (shoulder strain) a question mark for Sunday. #Jaguars

@JohnOehser: Jaguars linebacker Jeremiah George isn't expected to practice Wed … Look for JT Thomas to move back to the middle.

@JohnOehser: Right guard Brandon Linder has a shoulder strain. he will be monitored all week with Jacques Mcclendon having a chance to go. #Jaguars