Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A look at other rebuilds

Quote:if somebody can teach Bortles how to throw a pass we will be pretty good

This is the one area that's really lagging right now although special teams has been a struggling on occasion. With a good passing game the Jags could be at least .500 probably better.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:This is the one area that's really lagging right now although special teams has been a struggling on occasion. With a good passing game the Jags could be at least .500 probably better.

ya the specs blocking for kicks is just.... like, this is nfl.  that stuff doesn't happen often.

C'mon guys, you know it is a 30 year process.  Sheessh, inpatient much? Its not like we have had to stick out crappy and mediocre seasons the last 7-10 years or anything.  The Jags will get this right, right about the time we figure out time travel. 

"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Quote:C'mon guys, you know it is a 30 year process. Sheessh, inpatient much? Its not like we have had to stick out crappy and mediocre seasons the last 7-10 years or anything. The Jags will get this right, right about the time we figure out time travel.

This *staff* will get it right. This *staff* has been working on it for a whole 1.5 seasons. You know that right?
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:Minnesota is 4-5...... In zimmer's first year. Why cant we do that? Minnesota isnt supremely talented by any stretch.

You know what our problem is? The 3 year "process" is nothing but bull [BAD WORD REMOVED] excuse making every week
You're comparing Minnesota and our record??? You do understand that our roster when beginning our rebuild was the worst in the league and they were taking over previous "rebuilds" and screw ups. Comparing our rebuild to anyone else won't hold up because we had a horrible roster. Place that with a inexperienced GM, HC, and OC, and we're getting what's due. Gezus people.........

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote:This team is one of the least penalized teams in the league, so how are they undisciplined? Don't mistake young and raw for bad coaching.

I do think the offensive game plan is weak but I'm not sure what you can do about that. Lots of rookies with varying knowledge of the play book.

Blowing coverage and running the wrong routes is poor discipline

Quote:You realize it's a four year process?

Youre naive if you think shad gives gus another year if next year is just as bad.

Quote:Get back to me when Minn completely guts their roster...

We didnt have to!? That's the point. You dont totally strip the team of veterans, particularly the few decent ones

Quote:the brownies rebuild was 20 years and it still isnt finished :teehee:

The bungles has been 15-20 years rebuilding and is starting to look like a playoff team :teehee:
the bengals have been good off and on since 04. And nobody should aspire to be the browns.

Quote:The Packers were wandering the dessert for 30 years before they stole Favre from Atlanta.

That doesnt make it acceptable you boneheads. How many coaches did they go through before finding a winner in holmgren?

Quote:C'mon guys, you know it is a 30 year process. Sheessh, inpatient much? Its not like we have had to stick out crappy and mediocre seasons the last 7-10 years or anything. The Jags will get this right, right about the time we figure out time travel.

The packers were bad for decades though, so it's OK, right?

Quote:You're comparing Minnesota and our record??? You do understand that our roster when beginning our rebuild was the worst in the league and they were taking over previous "rebuilds" and screw ups. Comparing our rebuild to anyone else won't hold up because we had a horrible roster. Place that with a inexperienced GM, HC, and OC, and we're getting what's due. Gezus people.........

So why hire all the inexperienced people? Being complete [BLEEP] isnt ok, that's not a good excuse.

Fans need to stop blaming this regime for the previous mistakes of Gene Smith. Yeah, the roster was that bad.

Quote:Fans need to stop blaming this regime for the previous mistakes of Gene Smith. Yeah, the roster was that bad.
Exactly. Why keep trash and build upon trash? The stench eventually makes its way up..... We needed a complete gutting.... OP thinks having a plan and taking a few years is worse then starting over; again.... Sure, let's get a new HC and GM. You know what the next one's will do with the current roster? The same thing (a new OC might help tbh though lol). Let them build a complete roster; then judge them. You can't build a complete roster in one/two years. And have the players gel together? More time...

GO JAGS!!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote:Blowing coverage and running the wrong routes is poor discipline
No, it's called inexperience.

There is a reason why veteran players make fewer mistakes and play at a consistently higher level.

And no, it's not because of some magic coaching fairy dust. It's because they already spent their first few seasons making mistakes and have had time to learn from them.

Most teams start a rookie or two and the 9 other veterans mask their mistakes.

We have rookie compounding rookie compounding rookie compounding rookie etc.

7-8 offensive rookies, thinking instead of reacting, making little mistakes/hesitations that slow down the plays, and all those small minute mistakes build on top of each other. 

Look at every pass Bortles throws. How often does he hit an open guy in stride? Maybe Shorts once a game, why do you think that is? What does every pass to Robinson, Hurns, and Lee look like?

Quote:That doesnt make it acceptable you boneheads. How many coaches did they go through before finding a winner in holmgren?
Know when was the last time the Browns made it to the AFC Championship Game? 1990. 5 years before the Jags were in existence. We've been to that game twice. What's the hallmark of that franchise these days? They fire all the staff and start fresh every 2 years. How has that worked out for them the last 25 years? There's 32 teams and every year 31 fanbases are unhappy. Even if every franchise took turns winning the Superbowl every year you would still be waiting 31 years before your turn came back around. It's extremely hard to win a championship in the NFL and getting over emotional over something you have absolutely no control over seems foolish to me. I hate losing as much as the next fan, but I know firing everybody and starting over every 2 years is never going to make this team a winner.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Quote:Know when was the last time the Browns made it to the AFC Championship Game? 1990. 5 years before the Jags were in existence. We've been to that game twice. What's the hallmark of that franchise these days? They fire all the staff and start fresh every 2 years. How has that worked out for them the last 25 years? There's 32 teams and every year 31 fanbases are unhappy. Even if every franchise took turns winning the Superbowl every year you would still be waiting 31 years before your turn came back around. It's extremely hard to win a championship in the NFL and getting over emotional over something you have absolutely no control over seems foolish to me. I hate losing as much as the next fan, but I know firing everybody and starting over every 2 years is never going to make this team a winner.

False. Because evetnually youre gonna find the right coach.

Bradley isnt gonna be here more than another year tops. We arent going to make a magical third year leap. That's totally unrealistic. Talk about high expectations.

The problem is that we are sooooo young. Like 90% of our starting lineup is either in their rookie year or second year, realistically.

OFFENSE

-Bortles

-D.Robinson

-A.Robinson

-Hurns

-Linder

-Joekel

-Bowanko

-Pasztor

DEFENCE

-Cyprien

-Gratz

-McCray

-Evans

-Smith

-Reynolds

-George

-Davis

-Branch

Think about how many players that is. All of them are starters or have one point played majority of games. They're all young, and inexperienced like our coaching staff. Gus in his 2nd year as first time being head coach. The only position we have experience at is the D LINE and they are playing very well. It's a growing process, mostly with Bortles and his WR's. Blackmon returning would be magical. 

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

Isn't it obvious?

Teddy Bridgewater aka jesus christ is there.