Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
25 games in, how do you feel about Caldwell

Quote:Caldwell is great if we can continue to remember that he's 1.5 years into his rebuild.   As they stated on the radio this morning, most fans are 5 years into the rebuild.  We just need to keep things in perspective and give Caldwell and Bradley the time as planned (and not factor in Gene's rebuild).
This X 100.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

After another draft (we'll be in a position to select a bluechip prospect) and FA class, the potential on field product in 2015 should get fans excited.

Quote:Yes... And the Bengals could have easily had 5 interceptions yesterday but they didn't. At the end of the day, being close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

I'm not saying I was expecting playoffs or anything but in no way would i call this season "outstanding". We have improved but almost any coach can go 1-8.

Its far from outstanding but I have seen improvement and a bunch of young players that could have bright futures.

[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

Strowd --I'm pretty lazy so I can't take that action.

From the London trip last year to now:

Our defense has progressed impressively. We practically went from worst to first in pass rush (void of a star rusher), and we can defend the run and the pass at a respectable to very good level. With many players in the back 7 that are still growing.

Our offense line progressed from very bad last year to a decent-pretty good level over the last month of this season. Same for our running game. Again, with many players that should still grow.

The passing game I'll say is no better our worse at the moment but it is obviously overwhelmingly loaded with very young players and is immensely more promising than last year around this time.

This tells me Caldwell, he good.

Quote:From the London trip last year to now:

Our defense has progressed impressively. We practically went from worst to first in pass rush (void of a star rusher), and we can defend the run and the pass at a respectable to very good level. With many players in the back 7 that are still growing.

Our offense line progressed from very bad last year to a decent-pretty good level over the last month of this season. Same for our running game. Again, with many players that should still grow.

The passing game I'll say is no better our worse at the moment but it is obviously overwhelmingly loaded with very young players and is immensely more promising than last year around this time.

This tells me Caldwell, he good.

All Of This.

Quote:We're seeing a really young talented inexperienced team compete with really talented veteran teams, I think that's outstanding. I understand what the record indicates, I also understand the record doesn't mean much this year. I consider myself a pretty logical fan, I wouldn't be surprised if the Jaguars pushed for a division title next year, this team has the potential to go from worst to first if the offensive keeps improving, playing in an awful division certainly helps as well.

Certain words should not be used to describe any happenings within a 1-8 team. Outstanding is one of those words. 

The record does "mean much this year". It means much to the staff and their families who will lose their jobs in January because of this year's "outstanding" performance, which is reflected in a 1-8 record by the way.

Quote:Certain words should not be used to describe any happenings within a 1-8 team. Outstanding is one of those words. 

The record does "mean much this year". It means much to the staff and their families who will lose their jobs in January because of this year's "outstanding" performance, which is reflected in a 1-8 record by the way.
Bingo.

No one should ever say... "Wow... what an outstanding season we are having at 1-8!"

Quote:Bingo.

No one should ever say... "Wow... what an outstanding season we are having at 1-8!"

As I have said, this franchise has beaten it's fans into submission to accept mediocrity as the goal. We have been institutionalized with badness.

Quote:This X 100.
101  :thumbsup:

he like jeans miff...he skrate turrible

Quote:As I have said, this franchise has beaten it's fans into submission to accept mediocrity as the goal. We have been institutionalized with badness.
 Speak for yourself.  I might preach patience around here, but I'm pulling my hair out watching missed tackles, bad angles, stupid INTs, and blocked kicks every week just as much as the next guy.  It's really, really hard to stomach.  I despise that the other rebuilds failed, but I'm trying really hard to keep the current rebuild in perspective SEPARATELY from the others. 

I don't accept it.  I'm waiting it out. 

Quote:I think the coaching staff is dong an outstanding job considering the youth on this team.

Eh. We'll see.

Still have a hard time doing the basics and the team is still 1-8.

Quote:As I have said, this franchise has beaten it's fans into submission to accept mediocrity as the goal. We have been institutionalized with badness.

Understanding the process is not even close to this idea of accepting mediocrity. People are mostly smart enough to not blame this crew for the sins of the past. It is going to take more than a season and a half to rebuild that simple.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

You make it seem deliberate, as opposed to years of general front office ineptness.

If it is the latter, what do you expect the results to be while fixing it, assuming the current front office is NOT inept but competent to good?

If it is the former, if you believe the team is deliberately bad year after year and is brainwashing the fans to accept badness, why do you support the team?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Realizing that there is tough sledding on the horizon and being happy about it are worlds apart.

I'm often amazed/amused by this sentiment that any fans on this board are happy or accepting of the terrible team we've been over the last half dozen years.

Quote:Realizing that there is tough sledding on the horizon and being happy about it are worlds apart.

I'm often amazed/amused by this sentiment that any fans on this board are happy or accepting of the terrible team we've been over the last half dozen years.
Very true. No one wants to lose.

However, some people  think that the right staff is in place (Bradley, Fisch, Babich) while others are very skeptical that these are the guys that will take us to the playoffs and beyond in the upcoming future.

Quote:Very true. No one wants to lose.

However, some people think that the right staff is in place (Bradley, Fisch, Babich) while others are very skeptical that these are the guys that will take us to the playoffs and beyond in the upcoming future.
Well the point is arguable, I'll grant you. I think the people who are saying the coaching staff is making acceptable progress don't mean they're getting acceptable results *yet*. This is a results business and ultimately we have to get a payoff or Shad and Caldwell will make changes.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:I don't care about the record, because at the end of the day this season was never about the record, it's about player development. This Jaguar team is a lot better than that 1-8 record indicates, and has played with or outplayed some really good teams over the past 3-5 weeks. The same Miami team we dominated in the first half just demolished a veteran San Diego team, Ben Roethlisberger and that extremely talented Steelers offense didn't do anything against our defense, Cincinnati is a perennial contender and struggled against us yesterday, we dominated a Cleveland team that has some impressive wins on their resume. 1-8 at any level of sports isn't good, but this team’s arrow is clearly pointing up, Solomon Wilcots and Spero Dedes acknowledged this many times throughout the telecast yesterday/.

Bingo.

Quote:Very true. No one wants to lose.

However, some people  think that the right staff is in place (Bradley, Fisch, Babich) while others are very skeptical that these are the guys that will take us to the playoffs and beyond in the upcoming future.

Disagreement is totally fine, but when one side's rationale is "if you don't agree with me, you're for losing (or a loser in general)" then it's a bit silly.

Does anyone on here seriously think that there are people that want to root for a losing franchise?