Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The case of the Jacksonville Jaguars

Quote:I live in France, and my favorites teams are the Packers (since Brett Favre area) and the 49ers (since Joe Montana area). This year, I learned that the Jaguars will probably play their eight home games in London from 2017, and now I am interested in this team (Blake Bortles area). The European fans dream to have a European Divison with London, Paris, Barcelona, Milano, Berlin for NBA and NFL since at least 10 years, and things are changing Smile

Bonjour, I think you misunderstand... The Jaguars will play 1 home game in London for the next 2 years, expiring prior to the 2017 season. You will have 2 more opportunities to take the Chunnel to London, once in the 2015 season, and the other in the 2016 season. There has been no other word about jaguar games in London beyond 2016

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I was a Bucs fan when i was like 2-6 years old because I guess i liked Pirates tho at the time football was irrelevant to me haha.

I was about 4 when the Jaguars became a team and have been a fan for their entire existence. If I was honest, I probably became a fan purely because I thought the Jaguar looked cool and I really liked the team colors. I live in Ohio where pretty much everybody is a Browns or Bengals fans, but considering neither team has been overly successful during my life, I never jumped ship for a more local team. It is definitely hard being a fan when I usually only get 2-3 games a year, but considering the current state of things maybe that isn't all bad.

1998 Jaguars vs. Dolphins on Monday Night Football.

Tony Boselli and Jason Taylor were going at it, and Boselli's was man-handling him. I'm from Jacksonville, but Boselli's passion for the game got me into it, too.

Quote:I became a Jaguars fan while living in central Ohio. Before that, I was already a Broncos and Packers fan. I do not believe people should stop rooting for one team just to root for another team. That will never make any sense to me. So although the Jaguars are my favorite team now, I will always root for the Broncos and Packers too. I also do not think your location should dictate the team you root for. If that was true, I would be a Bengals and Browns fan despite not liking either of those teams.

Weren't you pulling for the Broncos against the Jags?

Quote:Bonjour, I think you misunderstand... The Jaguars will play 1 home game in London for the next 2 years, expiring prior to the 2017 season. You will have 2 more opportunities to take the Chunnel to London, once in the 2015 season, and the other in the 2016 season. There has been no other word about jaguar games in London beyond 2016
There has been some indication the Jags would like to extend that arrangement beyond the current 4 game deal.  They've set up a permanent infrastructure over there to promote the team and to develop the fan base.  I don't expect to see them going back to an 8 game home schedule any time soon.  Too much money is made with the 1 game a year over there. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

It's good for the franchise playing over in London anyway. I don't want to see it be more than one home game a season though.

Quote:It's good for the franchise playing over in London anyway. I don't want to see it be more than one home game a season though.
I don't think they have any intention of playing more than 1 home game in London even if the deal is extended.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I live in France, and my favorites teams are the Packers (since Brett Favre area) and the 49ers (since Joe Montana area). This year, I learned that the Jaguars will probably play their eight home games in London from 2017, and now I am interested in this team (Blake Bortles area). The European fans dream to have a European Divison with London, Paris, Barcelona, Milano, Berlin for NBA and NFL since at least 10 years, and things are changing Smile
LOL... this guy... check out the word "era".. haha Divi-Son... how do you make your typing sound like broken [BLEEP] euro-english??? either you are a trolling d bag or a misinformed one... either way, you suck. :thumbsup:

Quote:I live in France
, and my favorites teams are the Packers (since Brett Favre area) and the 49ers (since Joe Montana area). This year, I learned that the Jaguars will probably play their eight home games in London from 2017, and now I am interested in this team (Blake Bortles area). The European fans dream to have a European Divison with London, Paris, Barcelona, Milano, Berlin for NBA and NFL since at least 10 years, and things are changing Smile

Quote:LOL... this guy... check out the word "era".. haha Divi-Son... how do you make your typing sound like broken [BAD WORD REMOVED] euro-english??? either you are a trolling d bag or a misinformed one... either way, you suck. :thumbsup:

Gee, I just wonder why the guy doesn't type in perfect English.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

[Image: all_your_base_by_ultimathegod-d30fu0f.jpg]

Huh

I am life long Bills Fan(no booing please) a child when they got their AFL franchise ,NFL then was in a word boring, AFL was exciting

new different football, when I relocated and lived in the  Carolina's, Charlotte got a team, at first it had trouble with drawing fans away from other teams fans for support, but as time has gone on Carolina has a strong fan base, I remember DEC 28,1996, now that I have been back home here in western New York, supporting the home time team was a link to being at home, Jacksonville fans, to use a line from a great movie "if you build it they will come" I see the Jags as being a team with a promising future, hang in I know, it's hard, I can still here the Dallas radio stations calling  Buffalo, and Houston, the two arm pits of football, being a fan isn't about backing a winner anyone can, being a fan is having home area pride, p.s. I think signing Marrone as a coach for the Jags is a plus, and hope he helps your team get better, I feel bad the Bills got Big Mouth Ryan, and would have been happier with anyone else, even Marrone, but with that said, I still will pull for the home team, it's in my DNA

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2015, 07:33 PM by JagsorDie.)

Quote:Gee, I just wonder why the guy doesn't type in perfect English.
Who gives a [BLEEP]... I dont find french mbs and [BLEEP] butcher their language while spreading misinformed horse [BLEEP].

Quote:Who gives a [BAD WORD REMOVED]... I dont find french mbs and [BAD WORD REMOVED] butcher their language while spreading misinformed horse [BAD WORD REMOVED].

And that's the American way.

I was 5 when the Jag's starting playing games in 1995. My parents did not grow up in the U.S. so I wasn't born into any team allegiance. Once Jacksonville won the Jaguars, We all jumped on board, not just embracing the team, but also embracing the sport of football itself, so Jaguars is all I know from a fan perspective. 

I'll tell you, growing up, I was almost embarrassed to say that I was a Jags fan around kids in school. It was almost the 'cool' thing to talk down about that Jags. All other kids were fans of another team. Things started to change once I reached high school, and since I was such a die hard Jags fan, I keenly noticed how the perception of the Jags changed around the same kids who didn't give a crap about the team. People actually cared about how the team was doing and were emotionally invested in the Jags.

Now, these same people-- the same kids that were cowboys, steelers, patriots, dolphins fans before--, flood my Facebook timeline with Jaguars-related statuses during the game. Either they are watching and rooting for the team at home, or they are taking pictures in the stands in Everbank. It still amazes me how it only took one generation to flip old team alliances, especially for a team that has 1 playoff win since 1999. "Generation Jaguar" is definitely real, and I won't be surprised if the next generation is even more rabid than this one.

Quote:And that's the American way.

Hey, if you dont get a [BLEEP] in your post, you arent doing it right!  Thats the [BLEEP] American way!