Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
BBINT

Quote:3 weeks ago he was the worst player on offense.  The team overcame his performance and we won.

Which is ironic. Every time he's played well enough to win some other part of the team fell apart.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Which is why I was only talking about today's game. And it was 2 weeks, not 3.

LOL, OK, pod boy...

BB5 is the weakest link of this team.  Him and CSIII

At this point, I'm ready to dump CSIII

BB5 is a concern...  He'll figure it out, right?

Right?

Quote:Cecil was targeted 7 times... caught 5 for 40 yards

Yeah, CSIII is expendable.  Matter of fact, I have no idea why we target him so much.  But Fish sure does love his Shortz

Quote:Which is ironic. Every time he's played well enough to win some other part of the team fell apart.

Who are you talking about?  Who is the "he" that played so well that we should have won?  

Dude,. the only team that has played well this entire season is the D.  

The D deserves a legit offense.  And they don't have one.

#becauseJaguars

Quote:LOL, OK, pod boy...

BB5 is the weakest link of this team. Him and CSIII

BB5 is a concern... He'll figure it out, right?

Right?
Here I was thinking Telvin Smith done more than anybody to help us lose this game....
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Quote:LOL, OK, pod boy...

BB5 is the weakest link of this team.  Him and CSIII

BB5 is a concern...  He'll figure it out, right?

Right?

Really? The weakest link? Please. 60 yard TD run right after Blake led the team downfield for a TD. Let's talk about Jeremy Hill and his 150 + yards rushing, or maybe we can talk about the two blocked punts, the OB kick, and how these ST problems have been constant since the start of the season. 

Blake is not our weakest link

Quote:Who are you talking about?  Who is the "he" that played so well that we should have won?  

Dude,. the only team that has played well this entire season is the D.  

The D deserves a legit offense.  And they don't have one.

#becauseJaguars

The D has not played well this entire season. They've played well for about a month, and today was a huge step down for them. 

Quote:Really? The weakest link? Please. 60 yard TD run right after Blake led the team downfield for a TD. Let's talk about Jeremy Hill and his 150 + yards rushing, or maybe we can talk about the two blocked punts, the OB kick, and how these ST problems have been constant since the start of the season. 

Blake is one of our weak links.

I wouldn't call him THE weak link, but he's definitely one of them.  He has potential to be our best player, yes... but right now he's nowhere near that.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2014, 05:32 PM by Redsky39.)

Quote:Blake is one of our weak links.

I wouldn't call him THE weak link, but he's definitely one of them.  He has potential to be our best player, yes... but right now he's nowhere near that.

That's fair. Last week was very bad, but this week I feel he's a player that shouldn't be getting the brunt of the blame

Quote:I can't believe it....were already sending the rookie to the gallows. Seriously people....he's on a lousy team yet he is still showing good plays. He's learning the game. 

This team IS NOT LOUSY!

This team is ready to be good.

Quote:Really? The weakest link? Please. 60 yard TD run right after Blake led the team downfield for a TD. Let's talk about Jeremy Hill and his 150 + yards rushing, or maybe we can talk about the two blocked punts, the OB kick, and how these ST problems have been constant since the start of the season. 

Sorry, he is.

With all the deficiencies you mentioned, we were right in this game.  Our QB is not ready to get us there.  

Maybe he can eventually.  But the OC doesn't believe he can.  It's just that simple

For the people who talk about the lack of talent in the team and Bortles being a rookie. Carr has alot less talent around him I would say, and is also a rookie, yet he's playing much better than Bortles. His decision making is alot better than Bortles

Quote:This team IS NOT LOUSY!

This team is ready to be good.

Yep that 1-8 team is great! You call allowing 150+ yards rushing, a safety, 33 points, a kick out of bounds, stupid penaltes, etc. good? i'd hate to see lousy...

Blake is as advertised.  

He has potential to be great, but he needs a LOT of work to do.

I don't think he was ready to play in the NFL (once again, as advertised).  

Hopefully the mistakes he's making are something he can fix.  

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:For the people who talk about the lack of talent in the team and Bortles being a rookie. Carr has alot less talent around him I would say, and is also a rookie, yet he's playing much better than Bortles. His decision making is alot better than Bortles

When you have a coaching staff that doesn't believe in you're abilities, it becomes evident in the game scheme.  

The plan this entire game was to not allow BB5 too much space to have a game killing mistake.  

At the end of the day, it killed us anyways.  When you have QB that is not worthy and/or an OC that has no faith in the QB, you create a situation where the offense is lost.

We have a lost offense.

It's gonna be like that untill we either cut the QB or we cut the OC.

Quote:Yep that 1-8 team is great! You call allowing 150+ yards rushing, a safety, 33 points, a kick out of bounds, stupid penaltes, etc. good? i'd hate to see lousy...

This was the 4th game we should have won.

It's not the players that are losing this game....

Quote:This was the 4th game we should have won.

This

Quote:Blake is as advertised.  

He has potential to be great, but he needs a LOT of work to do.

I don't think he was ready to play in the NFL (once again, as advertised).  

Hopefully the mistakes he's making are something he can fix.  

Great non-sensical nonsence.

Blake is as advertised.  LOL

What does that even mean?

Blake was a much better QB during the preseason than he has been the entire rest of this season.

He's not as advertised.  He's a total bust at this point compared to what he's been advertised as.

At this point, one cannot see what BB5 is doing as being something to be confident about.

At this point, we can only hope he's gonna eventually figure out his mistakes.

OR....

the OC is holding him back.

There is no other way of looking at it.  

Sorry, he looks a mess.  The OC looks a mess.   It's one of them that is the problem.  

Quote:This was the 4th game we should have won.

Should have won this game? 

What game were you watching? Because it sure a hell wasn't the one being played today.

look folks... for starters rookies in their first season make mistakes. Yeah, Bortles has thrown some boneheaded passes. However, to want to throw him under the bus this season would be premature as many other NFL quarterbacks have had rocky first seasons; for example, Peyton Manning still holds the all time record for the most int's thrown by a quarterback in his rookie season. I got this from no less of a reliable and established football scholar than 'Jaugarswoman' herself who corrected me on the subject recently. So there, take that!

Humor aside... there is no reason to push the 'panic button' over Bortles this year. We knew it was going to be a rocky road, so just suck it up. Our special teams performance in this game on the other hand has left many scratching their heads; Three blocked field goals, two blocked punts (one for a safety), a drive killing out of bounds kick off, allowing kick off returns to go thirty + yards..... and most of these in one game.... where the heck is the special teams coach at..... London? for the past three weeks???

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...