Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Do you want Blake Bortles to succeed?
Yes, he deserves more chances.
No, he clearly is not the answer.
[Show Results]

Do you want Bortles to succeed?

How could any fan not want Blake to succeed. That would mean wins and playoffs. It will be important to bring in compitition to push Blake and have a fall back QB should he fail to fix his machanics and accuracy.. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Yes I want him to succeed.

I also want to marry Jennifer Lopez but neither of those things will happen.
You'd be like her SIXTH husband.

You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:Then Title of the Post versus the actual Question within the Poll are different.

You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:Ha! That's probably pretty close, however...

Blake never seemed right to me again until the second Titans game (edit: Follwing GB). I can't put my finger on what it was and I don't for a moment believe all of that was injury related but he was clearly "off" for most of the season.

Regardless, discounting his fumbles, I would be perfectly content and dare I say happy with week 16 and 17 Bortles next season. I mean, clearly he's capable...I think we all can see that. It's just what the hell do we have to do to get that guy to stick around long-term?

Week 16/Week 17 bortles has us right around 7 to 9 wins and fighting for the AFCS championship!  I'd be OK with that too...  But I'd still want us to begin developing someone else behind him...

I've been pretty hard on BBINT and he doesn't pass the eye test at all, but 2015 Bortles is a thing that happened, yeah it was garbage time but somewhere in there is a guy who can throw the ball. Bradley didn't push him to fix those mechanics. Marrone and TC deserve every chance to try and fix him. The alternatives look terrible so what choice do we have?

An elite defense and a power running game could turn Bortles into a competent game manager. 

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

Quote:I've been pretty hard on BBINT and he doesn't pass the eye test at all, but 2015 Bortles is a thing that happened, yeah it was garbage time but somewhere in there is a guy who can throw the ball. Bradley didn't push him to fix those mechanics. Marrone and TC deserve every chance to try and fix him. The alternatives look terrible so what choice do we have?

An elite defense and a power running game could turn Bortles into a competent game manager.

Apparently we can't necessarily pin that on Bradley. Blake implied Olsen discouraged him from going back to Cali because he wasn't a fan of Tom House or something along those lines.

However, I agree. There is a guy in there who can throw the ball. Where we disagree is his ceiling. I don't ever see Blake as a game manager in the traditional sense. A game manager can't typically do the things he is capable of in a 2 minute offense.

Mechanics and decision making (although to be fair he had fewer inane throws this season than last), BB5. Get on it. We're counting on you for the foreseeable future!
<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:I want Bortles to succeed,but I don't wanna wait on him to do so... He has had 3 losing seasons.. How long will it take for him to succeed is the better question?
Aww, the judging the quarterback on wins and losses angle.

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2017, 11:38 AM by diehardjagsfaninsocal.)

This is what I want to hear Tom Brady say about Blake Bortles.

" When Arron plays,even if I have a game the next day I'll stay up late to watch him. I mean.... I play QB right? And there a several times in every game he makes a play...I mean like he will drop back and somehow sense a Blitzer from his blind side, duck and evade him, roll left ( which for a right handed QB typically means a disaster coming if he throws) evade 2 or 3 more defenders stop on a dime and let loose with a laser of a throw all the way across his body all the way across the field with pinpoint accuracy that hits the wr in the hands between 2 DBS while he tip toes inbounds."

" Lol you'll never see me try that. That's all Aaron and he is amazing"

" I get chills watching him play"

That from Tom Brady when asked about Aaron Rodgers on a radio interview.

I'd absolutely love to hear Bortles name in a Convo like that

Short leash... if more up/down Jekyll/Hyde, then how much longer do we wait?

What QB, outside Steve Young who changed leagues once and then relegated to backup for a short time, has ever become great after being so inconsistent?

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Tom Brady said "lol" on the radio?  Weird.

Have you seen my baseball?

I do not.  I am a true fan.  My reason he attacked the fans.   Just like Brunells  I believe the Jags should move to london quote.  Blakes attack on fans.  Is not being a PRO.  

Once he learns to appologize for those comments.  Then I will support him changing.  

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2017, 03:34 PM by jg77.)

This poll is difficult to answer...

But, I do not want to be stuck with Bortles as our long-term QB.  He's too inconsistent and the throwing motion issues are just too concerning.  I'd be disappointed if we locked him in on a long-term contract.

THE best thing for this franchise right now would be for BB to succeed.  If you can cross the hardest position to get off the list and he plays above average, this team with all the changes could be dangerous.  There were many factors that caused last years implosion, but Blake was the biggest.

Quote:I do not.  I am a true fan.  My reason he attacked the fans.   Just like Brunells  I believe the Jags should move to london quote.  Blakes attack on fans.  Is not being a PRO.  

Once he learns to appologize for those comments.  Then I will support him changing.  

Attacked the fans?  Do you need a "safe space"?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Attacked the fans? Do you need a "safe space"?
he was whining about alfie being mean to him on twitter yesterday too telling everyone to stop quoting BCC. Hes just real sensitive.

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2017, 10:38 PM by GlockBortles.)

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2VHWtlUAAAfACG?format=jpg&name=large'>https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2VHWtlUAAAfACG?format=jpg&name=large</a>

:/

He legit cant throw underneath or slants lol

Quote:Of course everyone wants him to succeed. Rooting for a person to fail is for people who suck at life and are generally bad people.

Its not that we want to see him be bad, its just theres overwhelming evidence that he isnt going to be good.

I totally disagree. We had overwhelming evidence that Gabbert would never be any good, and he's since been deemed the head coach killer. But with Blake, there's plenty of reason to think he might develop into a Super Bowl winning qb. That said, I totally think he can use a season, or maybe even two, learning the game behind a guy like Tony Romo.

'02

Quote:Short leash... if more up/down Jekyll/Hyde, then how much longer do we wait?

What QB, outside Steve Young who changed leagues once and then relegated to backup for a short time, has ever become great after being so inconsistent?

Troy Aikman

'02

Quote:I totally disagree. We had overwhelming evidence that Gabbert would never be any good, and he's since been deemed the head coach killer. But with Blake, there's plenty of reason to think he might develop into a Super Bowl winning qb. That said, I totally think he can use a season, or maybe even two, learning the game behind a guy like Tony Romo.
Theres literally not evidence to support this at all.