Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Do you want Blake Bortles to succeed?
Yes, he deserves more chances.
No, he clearly is not the answer.
[Show Results]

Do you want Bortles to succeed?

Yes of course.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

What kind of stupid question is this No I don't want him to succeed I'm loving these 3 win seasons

Like others here...of course I want him to succeed after seeing this team already investing three years in him.

He needs to be pushed this year though to perform or not...this is a different Jaguars team.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2017, 11:15 AM by Teal Time Radio.)

He won't be our starting qb.  Unless he earns it.  So this point is moot or muted. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Damn my head hurts.

Have you seen my baseball?

Quote:Damn my head hurts.
The muted points should be helping. 

I couldn't hear a word he said.

Have you seen my baseball?

Quote:I couldn't hear a word he said.
I seent his lips move. 

Seeing as we are in a reunion kind of phase, I expect Brunell to be our starting QB.
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

Can Bortles get out of his own way? Is he even capable at this point?

Quote:Was right about Coughlin and Marrone. So you tell me?
You're wrong way more than you're right.

You nailed the "Ramsey is overrated and can't catch" thing didn't you?

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2017, 12:48 PM by diehardjagsfaninsocal.)

Quote:Can Bortles get out of his own way? Is he even capable at this point?
I think so.

But for me... Having solid reason for hope and watching the pieces fall in place? That's the best part of this offseason...

Blake has shown he can be spectacular.

He seems to recognize his shortcomings.

I believe he is genuinely going to work to fix them this offseason.

So.

If he can even marginally repair his flaws...

He should be good enough to not be a liability.

And I believe that's going to be the biggest factor which influence's our season next year.

Defense was good overall last year.

And absolutely should be as good or better next year.

Special teams likewise.

Offense...Imho... Around Blake... Should be much better....

Even though we don't know what the running game will look like.

Coighlin said it's Paramount.

So.i trust we will be successful running the ball.

It all hinges on Blake not killing us.

And I believe he's gonna get right.

Anybody with me?

Quote:He won't be our starting qb. Unless he earns it. So this point is moot or muted.
lol Hes not going to earn anything. Its his job until he starts playing like a disaster in the regular season.

Yes 

Quote:lol Hes not going to earn anything. Its his job until he starts playing like a disaster in the regular season.

I feel like they need to be really careful to not overwork his arm again, and if they can do that much he should be able to avoid disaster provided he doesn't have a mental relapse regarding INTs. It sounds like Hackett is going to get to work on our run game, and that should go a long ways toward keeping our qb healthy.

As for him having to earn a spot, well it all depends on who they bring in. Most likely he remains the unquestioned starter, but what if they bring in Nick Foles? In that case I think you'd have to let them compete.

That said, let me again stress that if I were GM, I'm trading a fourth round pick or whatever it takes to acquire Romo, and would let Blake backup Romo as long as Romo is healthy enough to start. I truly feel like a year or two behind Romo where he's mostly on the bench but probably still starts a few games would do wonders for Blake's long-term success.

'02

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2017, 05:10 PM by GlockBortles.)

Quote:I feel like they need to be really careful to not overwork his arm again, and if they can do that much he should be able to avoid disaster provided he doesn't have a mental relapse regarding INTs. It sounds like Hackett is going to get to work on our run game, and that should go a long ways toward keeping our qb healthy.

As for him having to earn a spot, well it all depends on who they bring in. Most likely he remains the unquestioned starter, but what if they bring in Nick Foles? In that case I think you'd have to let them compete.

That said, let me again stress that if I were GM, I'm trading a fourth round pick or whatever it takes to acquire Romo, and would let Blake backup Romo as long as Romo is healthy enough to start. I truly feel like a year or two behind Romo where he's mostly on the bench but probably still starts a few games would do wonders for Blake's long-term success.
The problem with Nick foles and all the other FA quarterbacks is that theyre all bad. So if Nick Foles is brought it

A: Blake is better than him and doesnt have to compete for anything

B: Theyre both equally bad and a pseudo competition plays out in the media until Blake is officially named starter by the end of the offseason when really hes our 3rd overall pick and was never going to lose his job to a bad free agent.

The idea for competition sounds nice in theory but it isnt real. Blake is the QB for 2017 until he plays so bad that he cant possibly start anymore.

Im all for the Romo trade but that ship has sailed in my opinion.

Quote:I feel like they need to be really careful to not overwork his arm again, and if they can do that much he should be able to avoid disaster provided he doesn't have a mental relapse regarding INTs. It sounds like Hackett is going to get to work on our run game, and that should go a long ways toward keeping our qb healthy.

I agree.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:Thats what qb are judge off of?? What you throw out stats?? What good is a qb to throw 3 td if his team loses? It doesn't matter..
So if a pitcher throws 9 innings giving up only a solo homerun and nothing else,( yet loses 1-0) he sucks?

That said, let me again stress that if I were GM,
I'm trading a fourth round pick or whatever it takes to acquire Romo, and would let Blake backup Romo
as long as Romo is healthy enough to start. I truly feel like a year or two behind Romo where he's mostly on the bench but probably still starts a few games would do wonders for Blake's long-term success.

LOL.  You hit the sauce way too early this afternoon.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:The problem with Nick foles and all the other FA quarterbacks is that theyre all bad. So if Nick Foles is brought it

A: Blake is better than him and doesnt have to compete for anything

B: Theyre both equally bad and a pseudo competition plays out in the media until Blake is officially named starter by the end of the offseason when really hes our 3rd overall pick and was never going to lose his job to a bad free agent.

The idea for competition sounds nice in theory but it isnt real. Blake is the QB for 2017 until he plays so bad that he cant possibly start anymore.

Im all for the Romo trade but that ship has sailed in my opinion.

The thing is, I really don't think Foles is all that bad, and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he flat out beats Blake for the start.

'02