Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars to LA

Quote:San Diego is 10 times the sports town that Jacksonville is. Don't throw stones in a glass house.

Not to rub salt in an open wound.  BUT, build the stadium and you still have your team.  Don't have a pissing contest between the politicians and owner for 16 years.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Not to rub salt in an open wound.  BUT, build the stadium and you still have your team.  Don't have a [BAD WORD REMOVED] contest between the politicians and owner for 16 years.

For most of those 16 years,  the politicians failed Chargers ownership and the fans of the team. 

There's certainly plenty of blame to go around with why the Chargers moved to Los Angeles.  The bottom line though is the fans of the San Diego Chargers got screwed and many businesses in the San Diego area are going to be very adversely affected by the team leaving.  

Quote:It's a few hours to LA from Vegas if you leave at 3 am.

Try leaving la heading to Vegas on a Friday afternoon to spend the weekend and catch a raiders game?

Hahaha mofo.

You'll be parked on the 15 Fwy with the 200,000 so Cal idiots who are heading that way to blow their pay check gambling.

Happens every Friday.

Takes 6 hours to drive there.

Coming back Sunday night is even worse.

Road rage is the norm.

Because everyone is broke and has an STD.

There are 102 daily flights between Las Angeles and Las Vegas.

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">

Quote:There are 102 daily flights between Las Angeles and Las Vegas.

According to flight price information on the Internet,   one can currently fly round trip from LA to LV for as low as $ 95.   That's less than around 50 % of NFL tickets for a single game. 

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2017, 03:55 PM by Mowerguy.)

Sure is ironic that just a few years ago it was Jags going to LA....and now, two of the California franchises have are moving and the St Louis one has as well. At the rate the 49 er's are going ...they may be next.

Wow....took a little while for Khan to figure this football thing out but.....with fixing the front office, he's on a roll.

Thank You Khan!

You're going to find out what a crazy football town this really is.  :thanks:

Oh and for that SD beat writer.....cry me a river dude.  :whistling:

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:There are 102 daily flights between Las Angeles and Las Vegas.

That may be true.

I've never flown there.

But I see the freeway every Friday.

There's gotta be a reason why so many people drive?

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2017, 02:38 AM by Banatha.)

Quote:Spanos just paid $650 million to move the Chargers to LA, it would be naive to think anyone wouldn't pay the $100 million or so to move the Jags out of Jacksonville. Having said that, nothing Khan has done has shown even the slightest hint of him moving the team. As for profitability; prior to Khan becoming the owner the Jags were barely breaking even, with the London game the Jags are now profitable in Jacksonville but the whole issue is moot since the NFL would never allow any franchise to open their books in such a manner as to proof they were losing money.
Nothing? how about playing in London? Why is that being done? Does New England or Dallas do it? Nope.

So there is a small concern in the future and to ignore it is to bury the head in the sand. Right now we are a profitable team by basically being the

Washington Generals. Remember them?  From Wiki-

From 1953 until 1995, the Generals played exhibitions against the Globetrotters, winning only six games, the last in 1971, and losing more than 13,000. <b>Klotz</b> eventually "disbanded" the Generals in 1995, forming a new team, the New York Nationals, which also has achieved an impressive losing streak.

Before someone says well that is just entertainment, so is football. Right now we are being paid to be the patsies of the league. The best free agents don't consider us and we constantly are under the cap. So basically we suck but revenue sharing makes it all good. Even for the losers. Every league needs losers. Until one of three things occur for the Jags,

1. The European crowd creates enough desire to make a team there viable, or

2. Jacksonville develops more corporate headquarters that can fill skyboxes, or

3. Another bigger market opens up in the states and Khan wants to sell or move to.

Now none of the 3 need happen in the near future, we are probably safe for a few years, but at some point... there will always be this nagging buzzing threat out there. How long will Khan ignore it before he decides to make a quick huge profit?

For while there is good money to be made even as a bottom feeder in the NFL, there is more money to be made in a bigger city, with more corporate HQ's, and More television marketing buys as well.. Hell Khan might just be waiting until we get good! You don't sell or relocate dogs, you wait until it's at least a semi desirable warm ticket. Khan's never had a winning team. What does he do when/If Jags are a perennial playoff team followed nationwide and he is getting huge offers to double his net worth overnight?

Not being negative, keeping it real. Please don't ever get too comfortable. Just enjoy it while it's here. It may be 5 years, it may be 15. But Odds are it won't last decades more.

That's just reality, ask San Diego and St. Louis and Baltimore ect ect.......NFL, not for long, for both players and cities in today's league.

Quote:Nothing? how about playing in London? Why is that being done? Does New England or Dallas do it? Nope.

So there is a small concern in the future and to ignore it is to bury the head in the sand. Right now we are a profitable team by basically being the

Washington Generals. Remember them?  From Wiki-

From 1953 until 1995, the Generals played exhibitions against the Globetrotters, winning only six games, the last in 1971, and losing more than 13,000. <b>Klotz</b> eventually "disbanded" the Generals in 1995, forming a new team, the New York Nationals, which also has achieved an impressive losing streak.

Before someone says well that is just entertainment, so is football. Right now we are being paid to be the patsies of the league. The best free agents don't consider us and we constantly are under the cap. So basically we suck but revenue sharing makes it all good. Even for the losers. Every league needs losers. Until one of three things occur for the Jags,

1. The European crowd creates enough desire to make a team there viable, or

2. Jacksonville develops more corporate headquarters that can fill skyboxes, or

3. Another bigger market opens up in the states and Khan wants to sell or move to.

Now none of the 3 need happen in the near future, we are probably safe for a few years, but at some point... there will always be this nagging buzzing threat out there. How long will Khan ignore it before he decides to make a quick huge profit?

For while there is good money to be made even as a bottom feeder in the NFL, there is more money to be made in a bigger city, with more corporate HQ's, and More television marketing buys as well.. Hell Khan might just be waiting until we get good! You don't sell or relocate dogs, you wait until it's at least a semi desirable warm ticket. Khan's never had a winning team. What does he do when/If Jags are a perennial playoff team followed nationwide and he is getting huge offers to double his net worth overnight?

Not being negative, keeping it real. Please don't ever get too comfortable. Just enjoy it while it's here. It may be 5 years, it may be 15. But Odds are it won't last decades more.

That's just reality, ask San Diego and St. Louis and Baltimore ect ect.......NFL, not for long, for both players and cities in today's league.

Paranoia will destroy ya.  I think the challenges facing the Jags are facing most of the teams in the bottom half of the league, market-size wise.  Khan recognizes that it is going to become increasingly difficult to compete with the larger markets and so he's actually ahead of the game in wanting to play a game a year in larger market.  In a few years some of the other small market teams will figure it out and be playing regularly in some other larger out of market cities.  Toronto, Mexico City, other cities in Europe.  There's even been talk of having a game in China!  Although it wouldn't stop him from relocating if he really wanted to, it's not a sign he wants to move them.  In fact, if the team becomes a perennial winner the revenue locally and nationally will increase making it less likely he'll need to move it.

Anyway, I decided a while back not to sweat it.  If he (or some future owner) moves the team there's not much the ticket holders can do about it.  Enjoy the moment and let's hope we get back to the playoffs sooner rather than later.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I've said this before, I'll say it again.

Teams don't move because of market size - or even attendance. Always, without exception, it comes down to the stadium. Charger fans knew that. For over a decade their owner wanted a new stadium, and justifiably so. If you want your team to stay, you have to pay. Ask Minnesota. Or Indianapolis. We can argue all day about using taxpayer money, but other cities seem to be fine with it, since they're ponying up the money.

Jacksonville and Khan have a good partnership. For the most part, the city and the Jaguars have invested 50-50 in stadium upgrades, and there have been many. The latest, the new amplitheatre, will be a new revenue stream for the Jaguars.

For the reason stated above, if the Jags were to break their lease and move, it would set a terrible precedent. Teams NEVER break their lease. If the Jags were to do so, than ANY owner could. And why would a city council in another NFL city commit billions of dollars if they have no guarantee that the team would stay?

The media continuously pounds the drum that Jacksonville is not a viable NFL city. Horse droppings. Jax averaged almost 62k for a team that won ONE game in Jax last year. They've continuously averaged over 60k fans in the sorry Gus Bradley era. The Jags haven't had a winning season since George W. Bush was president. How many other fan bases would offer such support the same in similar circumstances?

There was a column in the San Diego paper that suggested the city leaders get on the phone and get Kahn to move there. I wanted to reply and tell them they were nuts, but I don't want to add to their pain.

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2017, 08:49 AM by RicoTx.)

There is no way that a single team in Europe is 'viable'.  It's just not logistically possible, for travel reasons alone.

Jackson wasn't a top free agent?

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:....There was a column in the San Diego paper that suggested the city leaders get on the phone and get Kahn to move there. I wanted to reply and tell them they were nuts, but I don't want to add to their pain.

That would be a cold day in hell.  :devil:

all the California teams are a mess of some kind or another. B-ball , soccer and hockey are bigger there than football so

the NFL will keep moving pieces around looking for a fit.

Ain't going to happen. :no:

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:I've said this before, I'll say it again.

Teams don't move because of market size - or even attendance. Always, without exception, it comes down to the stadium. Charger fans knew that. For over a decade their owner wanted a new stadium, and justifiably so. If you want your team to stay, you have to pay. Ask Minnesota. Or Indianapolis. We can argue all day about using taxpayer money, but other cities seem to be fine with it, since they're ponying up the money.

Jacksonville and Khan have a good partnership. For the most part, the city and the Jaguars have invested 50-50 in stadium upgrades, and there have been many. The latest, the new amplitheatre, will be a new revenue stream for the Jaguars.

For the reason stated above, if the Jags were to break their lease and move, it would set a terrible precedent. Teams NEVER break their lease. If the Jags were to do so, than ANY owner could. And why would a city council in another NFL city commit billions of dollars if they have no guarantee that the team would stay?

The media continuously pounds the drum that Jacksonville is not a viable NFL city. Horse droppings. Jax averaged almost 62k for a team that won ONE game in Jax last year. They've continuously averaged over 60k fans in the sorry Gus Bradley era. The Jags haven't had a winning season since George W. Bush was president. How many other fan bases would offer such support the same in similar circumstances?

There was a column in the San Diego paper that suggested the city leaders get on the phone and get Kahn to move there. I wanted to reply and tell them they were nuts, but I don't want to add to their pain.
Stadiums ARE important. But what makes them important to the owners is their ability to generate revenue.. The most important part of a world class stadium is having the potential for higher ticket prices along with premium seats and boxes. Jacksonville struggles in those areas now. We have lower ticket prices and half empty sky boxes and less demand for premium seating. This is not a secret or a slight on the city.. We see the team playing in London for extra revenue and many dismiss it as a problem. It is a problem. It means something just like those tarps and half empty glass boxes mean something. It means Khan is not getting the revenue return he wants from the Jacksonville market.

As far as setting a precedent on breaking a lease, these owners do not care. 

We have time, there is no rush by Khan to move the team next year or the year thereafter. But it is not paranoia to recognize early warning signs like being a small television market plus having difficulty with corporate commitments to the Boxes, along with low ticket prices overall. You can have the nicest stadium in America, if the sky boxes are not full it is for naught.

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2017, 01:27 PM by JagFanFirst.)

Quote:Stadiums ARE important. But what makes them important to the owners is their ability to generate revenue.. The most important part of a world class stadium is having the potential for higher ticket prices along with premium seats and boxes. Jacksonville struggles in those areas now. We have lower ticket prices and half empty sky boxes and less demand for premium seating. This is not a secret or a slight on the city.. We see the team playing in London for extra revenue and many dismiss it as a problem. It is a problem. It means something just like those tarps and half empty glass boxes mean something. It means Khan is not getting the revenue return he wants from the Jacksonville market.

As far as setting a precedent on breaking a lease, these owners do not care. 

We have time, there is no rush by Khan to move the team next year or the year thereafter. But it is not paranoia to recognize early warning signs like being a small television market plus having difficulty with corporate commitments to the Boxes, along with low ticket prices overall. You can have the nicest stadium in America, if the sky boxes are not full it is for naught.

There's no historical precedent for your argument. None.

Quote:Agreed.

Lets hope talks about us moving to St. Louis or San Diego (or London) never pick up.

I remember hearing one of the main Rams coverage guys out of Saint Loius say not to worry about the Rams because the leuge doesn't want such a good sports city to be without the NFL. He went on to say that the Jaguars would be in Saint Louis within 5 years and no other team is moving until the Jags leave because Jacksonville is a horrible sports town and no one likes us.

Quote:I remember hearing one of the main Rams coverage guys out of Saint Loius say not to worry about the Rams because the leuge doesn't want such a good sports city to be without the NFL. He went on to say that the Jaguars would be in Saint Louis within 5 years and no other team is moving until the Jags leave because Jacksonville is a horrible sports town and no one likes us.

There's a San Diego Councilman named Scott Sherman who has publicly stated that among other teams,  he's actively trying to lure the Jaguars to San Diego.   The following audio clip from San DIego 1090 AM,  starting at the 8 minute mark,  mentions this;

http://www.mighty1090.com/episode/scott-...nfl-teams/

So they will build a stadium for the Jaguars but not the team you already had? OK I also own two small islands in the Pacific anybody interested in buying them?

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2017, 11:36 PM by D6.)

Quote:So they will build a stadium for the Jaguars but not the team you already had? OK I also own two small islands in the Pacific anybody interested in buying them?

Scott Sherman specifically mentioned taking a flight to Jacksonville 4 days before word came that the Chargers were moving to Los Angeles.   This time that part of the discussion came close to the 6 minute mark.

http://www.mighty1090.com/episode/scott-...-decision/

Though I don't think Shad Khan is going anywhere for at least several years,    it's best to attempt to put out fires when they are small and contained.

He must be coming to play golf because there's no stadium fit for an NFL team and I believe that's why the team they had left, so stay in San Diego. This misinformation has gone on for so long people just automatically harp on the Jaguars moving. I'm sick of it!!!!!

Sherman is probably trying to put a face on what dumb their council is never coming to an agreement with the chargers.

Trying to give some people false hope.

I doubt he even came here.  :whistling:

And while understand moving a team that city and team dont get along. Moving to a place that has failed time and time again.

Makes zero sense.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags