Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Has Jedd Fisch ruined Blake Bortles Confidence?

Quote:The complexity of the 3-4 zone blitz scheme confuses young QB's, Blake Struggled against the Steelers and Browns, both employ a similar defense. It has nothing to do with Jedd Fisch, Blake is taking his lumps like most rookie QB's.  

Miami also runs a 3-4 right? 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Make up stuff? Nope. Its my opinion of whats going on. Too bad if you don't like it. 

The only thing "weird" is your ultra-sensitivity to the criticism. 
Criticism is fine with me.  The excessive trolling, narcissistic, desperation for attention from strangers on an on-line forum is what's weird.  You're constantly banned, don't you ever sit back and ask yourself, why? 

Quote:Miami also runs a 3-4 right?

Yes.

Interesting stat. The Jags haven't faced a 4-3 defense all season. Go figure.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Criticism is fine with me.  The excessive trolling, narcissistic, desperation for attention from strangers on an on-line forum is what's weird.  You're constantly banned, don't you ever sit back and ask yourself, why? 

Except you lump all of the latter as the former. 

Quote:Yes.

Interesting stat. The Jags haven't faced a 4-3 defense all season. Go figure.

Most of the league seems to run a 3-4 anymore so if Blake is having trouble with these defenses its not going to get any easier. 

Quote:Miami also runs a 3-4 right? 

Yes, I think Miami will be the most complete team the Jaguars have faced all season, when that QB is playing well they can beat anyone. I love their defense; this will be a nice test for a young ascending Jaguars team.

Quote:Except you lump all of the latter as the former. 

Most of the league seems to run a 3-4 anymore so if Blake is having trouble with these defenses its not going to get any easier. 

I believe it will naturally get easier for him, you can only disguise so many coverage’s, the more he sees the better he'll be.

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2014, 01:58 PM by badger.)

Quote:Except you lump all of the latter as the former. 

I think every team he has played against so far runs a 3-4... except for TEN

so if we're going to say he struggles against 3-4 teams, well then that's just about everybody.  he struggles against everybody?

Quote:I believe it will naturally get easier for him, you can only disguise so many coverage’s, the more he sees the better he'll be.

Nope.  Not gonna happen.  Rookie QBs never learn, never progress and never get any better.  Just ask the fry cook.  

[Image: Doomed.jpg]

Quote:The complexity of the 3-4 zone blitz scheme confuses young QB's, Blake Struggled against the Steelers and Browns, both employ a similar defense. It has nothing to do with Jedd Fisch, Blake is taking his lumps like most rookie QB's.

Yep, Pettine is a Rex Ryan guy so he most likely runs a pretty complex version of the 34.

Quote:The first INT was a result of Bortles holding the ball too long. The other 2 were bone headed mistakes. All three fall on Bortles. He's learning I don't know why people insist on coddling him by making excuses and putting the blame on other players. This is who Bortles is right now but he will improve. At least I believe he will. I don't think he will ever be a clean int QB though. He's too aggressive, which will be a high risk high reward identity. 

True.  He's a gunslinger in the Roethlisberger or Favre mold.

Maybe tries to force a few.  Not sure if it's a few too many, though.

He's certainly not afraid to take his chances, and certainly isn't lacking confidence to take those shots.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:True.  He's a gunslinger in the Roethlisberger or Favre mold.

Maybe tries to force a few.  Not sure if it's a few too many, though.

He's certainly not afraid to take his chances, and certainly isn't lacking confidence to take those shots.

The above sounds like saying something out of hope. 

Bortles IS a gunslinger by nature, however we've seen little of that innate gunslinger for most of his play since halftime of the San Diego game. 

Looks more of the game manager part since then. I'd bet if you asked Bortles off the record that he'd admit to being frustrated with the offense so far. 

Quote:The above sounds like saying something out of hope. 

Bortles IS a gunslinger by nature, however we've seen little of that innate gunslinger for most of his play since halftime of the San Diego game. 

Looks more of the game manager part since then. I'd bet if you asked Bortles off the record that he'd admit to being frustrated with the offense so far. 

If we can get the run game going, we'll start seeing a lot more shots downfield, the two go hand in hand.

LOL.... do we have the meanest forum fans in the NFL or what.... you guys are awesome. Anyway, you'all watched the same game I did and no matter what you say, the kid looked timid, and unsure about what was going on. I attribute it Fisch..

You can disagree, that's the beauty of perception, it is a very personal thing... lol

dorks...

"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Quote:LOL.... do we have the meanest forum fans in the NFL or what.... you guys are awesome. Anyway, you'all watched the same game I did and no matter what you say, the kid looked timid, and unsure about what was going on. I attribute it Fisch..

me too. 

I don't think it was "timid" though. 

You were probably picking up on a QB that was frustrated with the offense, from being handcuffed by the OC. 

Thats my opinion anyway. 

He's trying to do what Fisch is commanding him to do and Bortles knows theres a better way to do it but he has to do what he's told. 

Quote:The above sounds like saying something out of hope. 

Nope.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:LOL.... do we have the meanest forum fans in the NFL or what.... you guys are awesome. Anyway, you'all watched the same game I did and no matter what you say, the kid looked timid, and unsure about what was going on. I attribute it Fisch..

You can disagree, that's the beauty of perception, it is a very personal thing... lol

dorks...

Being timid and unsure is much different then being scared.

Quote:me too. 

I don't think it was "timid" though. 

You were probably picking up on a QB that was frustrated with the offense, from being handcuffed by the OC. 

Thats my opinion anyway. 

He's trying to do what Fisch is commanding him to do and Bortles knows theres a better way to do it but he has to do what he's told. 

Fisch is commanding him to do?

Has to do what he's told?

Grow up guy.

Is this what you do all day? Try to invent scenarios in your head?

;

;

Quote:Being timid and unsure is much different then being scared.

If someone is calling Bortles scared, what did that make Gabbert? 

;

;

Quote:If someone is calling Bortles scared, what did that make Gabbert? 
Chickenhearted?

timid and unsure can mean scared... 

"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"