Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We have found our RB. Thanks Slowby

Quote:I'm not saying Toby is better than Denard. I'd just caution from proclaiming our run game as fixed after this one game. Denard has also struggled in YPC prior to this, so I'm taking a wait & see attitude until YPC like yesterday becomes a trend for Denard.

Tobys ypc? Vs DRob?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:We dont know what Gerhart is, he had to run behind the ineffective line who didnt help any other back do well either. I think we'll see a diffeent guy when his ankle heals up. Of course I want all our players to be good, I'm not into name calling and insults of our team so i can make myself feel good on a message board.

So instead you call people with a different opinion than you "simpleton and 10 year olds" to make yourself feel better on a message board

Come on guys lets talk football. No personal attacks. Lifes too short

Quote:So instead you call people with a different opinion than you "simpleton and 10 year olds" to make yourself feel better on a message board

While you call one of our players "slowby" and say we should get rid of him after 7 games.  

Quote:Tobys ypc? Vs DRob?

I know, both were low coming in to yesterdays game. 

I still think main issue is more the scheme and not as much individual RB related. 

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2014, 09:13 AM by continuous.)

Quote:While you call one of our players "slowby" and say we should get rid of him after 7 games.

Im not the one proclaiming i dont throw insults.

Quote:It was one game. 

Gerhart has been playing injured since week 1, also. 

I'd caution against making too much out of this one game for Denard. Lets see what happens in the weeks going forward. 

To be fair Gerhart wasn't hitting the cutbacks that were there.  He would keep running straight into the pile.  Denard has been.

In order to rebuild, you have to destroy.

Quote:To be fair Gerhart wasn't hitting the cutbacks that were there.  He would keep running straight into the pile.  Denard has been.

You're correct....Denard does have a dimension that Gerhart will never have. 2 different types of runners. 

That said, I also don't know how long Denard would stay unbroken when given a workload as he had yesterday. His frame is thin. 

I think the ideal workload for Denard would be 10 carries at RB and 5-10 other touches via screens and plays that get him in space where he's dangerous. 

Quote:I know, both were low coming in to yesterdays game.

I still think main issue is more the scheme and not as much individual RB related.

Na, DRob debunked its not scheme.

Toby just aint got cut back abilities

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2014, 09:22 AM by badger.)

The browns were missing their best d-lineman. But with that said i have thought DRob is our best back since preseason.

Quote:Na, DRob debunked its not scheme.

Toby just aint got cut back abilities

I wouldn't say one game debunks 22 previous games illustrating similar issues. 

Toby showed cut back ability in Minnesota (albeit not as sudden as Denard). 

Toby's also been playing hurt since the Eagles game. 

Lets just see if the better YPC continues next week vs Miami. 

Quote:You're correct....Denard does have a dimension that Gerhart will never have. 2 different types of runners. 

That said, I also don't know how long Denard would stay unbroken when given a workload as he had yesterday. His frame is thin. 

I think the ideal workload for Denard would be 10 carries at RB and 5-10 other touches via screens and plays that get him in space where he's dangerous. 

Same frame as Mccoy in Philly.  Works out so far for him.  I am by no means saying their careers will be the same.  People try to throw that out too much on here these days.  I am just stating that they have pretty much the same frame. 

I find it funny TMD preaching patience with the RB position and not to get excited over Denards game... When not too long ago he was trying to convince everyone the best RB didn't even make the 53 man roster.

Quote:Same frame as Mccoy in Philly.  Works out so far for him.  I am by no means saying their careers will be the same.  People try to throw that out too much on here these days.  I am just stating that they have pretty much the same frame. 

I don't see the same frame as McCoy on Denard. 

I'm still surprised at what I saw from Denard yesterday. I also am not sure Denard can handle a workload of 20+ carries regularly w/o getting broken. 

Quote:I find it funny TMD preaching patience with the RB position and not to get excited over Denards game... When not too long ago he was trying to convince everyone the best RB didn't even make the 53 man roster.

Cool. 

Quote:I don't see the same frame as McCoy on Denard. 

I'm still surprised at what I saw from Denard yesterday. I also am not sure Denard can handle a workload of 20+ carries regularly w/o getting broken. 

Cool. 

So one inch difference in height and about 10 pounds difference in weight isn't pretty much the same frame?  That is what the difference in them is.  

Quote:I don't see the same frame as McCoy on Denard.

Cool.
Jamal Charles, Cris Johnson

Quote:So one inch difference in height and about 10 pounds difference in weight isn't pretty much the same frame? That is what the difference in them is.

Its probably smaller than that.

Denard was 5'11 at the combine and got up to 212 this offseason.

The team site uses his college nunbers still

Quote:Its probably smaller than that.

Denard was 5'11 at the combine and got up to 212 this offseason.

The team site uses his college nunbers still
If that is the case then it's even closer.  Still one inch difference in height and very similar weights.

Quote:We dont know what Gerhart is, he had to run behind the ineffective line who didnt help any other back do well either. I think we'll see a diffeent guy when his ankle heals up. Of course I want all our players to be good, I'm not into name calling and insults of our team so i can make myself feel good on a message board.
Indeed. We didn't actually get much of a chance to see what an uninjured Toby can do. I'm one of the one's who've been guilty of 'dumping' on Toby so I'll cool my jets and say ok..... Our line seems to be what it's gonna be this season and we all saw what DRob was able to do running through it against the browns defense. Once Toby is healed... (I mean really healed and not just shot full of novocaine and wrapped like a mummy...) he'll no doubt get more chances. It's up to Toby what he does with his opportunities...

But from what little I did see of Toby before the horse collar, he didn't have the field vision or the explosive cuts we've seen from either DRob or Storm. Toby is, imo, really more like a NFL fullback than anything else.... he just lowers his head and runs straight ahead. But unlike a good fullback, he sometimes 'stutter steps' which costs him momentum and makes him less effective. I'm not ready to completely crown Toby as a f/a bust, but he is currently standing on that side of the line...

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Rotoworld is saying that D Rob will be staying our feature back, citing Gus.

"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/